Open Invite for Sunday

With Easter coming up this Sunday, I know a lot of folks that don't normally darken the door of a church may be looking for a place to visit and celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ. I wanted to send out an open invite to anybody in the Upper Cumberlands to visit The River Community Church in Cookeville. We're a little more laid back than a lot of churches out there - wear your jeans(we do), enjoy some coffee, and meet a few new folks. The website for the church is www.therivercc.com. Services are 9-10:30ish, and 10:45 to 12ish

I know I might get some negative responses on here from some of the less religious members, but I felt it needs to be said. No matter where you go, find somewhere you're comfortable and folks you don't mind being in the same room with for a couple of hours. Happy Easter

Edited by SpartaTN
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since we're invitin', I attend Timothy Street Baptist off Rutledge Pike Exit of I-40 in Knoxville. You can see us from the interstate if you are heading east. Anyone needing better directions, drop me a line. Services start @ 10:30-10-45. We would be glad to have you come over. We aint perfect; just forgiven!

:rolleyes:

With Easter coming up this Sunday, I know a lot of folks that don't normally darken the door of a church may be looking for a place to visit and celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ. I wanted to send out an open invite to anybody in the Upper Cumberlands to visit The River Community Church in Cookeville. We're a little more laid back than a lot of churches out ther - wear your jeans(we do), enjoy some coffee, and meet a few new folks. The website for the church is www.therivercc.com.

I know I might get some negative responses on here from some of the less religious members, but I felt it needs to be said. No matter where you go, find somewhere you're comfortable with folks you don't mind being in the same room with for a couple of hours. Happy Easter

I am in Memphis, but that sounds like my kind of church. Jeans and Jesus.

Appreciate the inite, SpartaTN, but I've been "volunteered" to help the "young" men at our place prepare the after-Sunrise Service breakfast on Easter morning.

Not sure how good the breakfast will be, but I expect the sermon to be outstanding, with good fellowship (and possibly a little good-natured ribbing) to go with the eggs and ham afterwards.

And the invite holds for us, too. If you need somewhere to attend church Sunday, and you find yourself in Smith county, drop me a PM and I'll provide directions.

Good post! I hope that you get some to take you up on the offer in your area.

I attend Victory Fellowship Church on Lebanon Rd in Nashville and I would like to extend the same offer for VFC.

thanks for posting that!!! great end to a tough day....great reminder

Guest Bronker

Great post, guys. And amen.

Ezekiel 22:23-31 (New International Version)

23 Again the word of the LORD came to me: 24 "Son of man, say to the land, 'You are a land that has had no rain or showers [c] in the day of wrath.' 25 There is a conspiracy of her princes [d] within her like a roaring lion tearing its prey; they devour people, take treasures and precious things and make many widows within her. 26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. 27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain. 28 Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says'-when the LORD has not spoken. 29 The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the alien, denying them justice.

30 "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD."

Want a 'call to arms'? A reason to fight, and stand bold?

Guest rockbottom12

if you are in maryville/friendville, come by maryville vineyard. I have only rarely seen my pastor in a collar let alone a tie. feel free to come packing i will be. come a little early there will be coffee of all types. Lots of young families go here so if you have kids they will be well taken care of.

Maryville Vineyard Church

• Moderators

Memphis area folks feel free to join us @ Townsquare Vineyard in Collierville. We are a casual bunch there, jeans, shorts, whatever is comfy. Contemporary worship with people earnestly seeking the presence of God.

As far as concealed carry goes, I will just say that our pastor is from Texas. :)

Also Sat evening Derek Webb (of Cademon's Call) and Sandra McCracken will be performing @ the Levitt Shell (rain loc. is Independent Presbyterian on Walnut Grove) I HIGHLY recommend seeing this show.

Edited by Chucktshoes
Guest tlondon

if you are in the Clarksville area, we would love to have you at exit one baptist church. we worship at Northeast High School (sorry its school property so carry is a no-no) service times are 9am and 11am. VERY laid back. wear shorts and a t-shirt if you want to. or you can find us here oneChurch.tv

If you're in the South Nashville, Antioch, La Vergne area ya'll are welcome to visit Mt. View Baptist Church. We're located on the street that runs behind the old Starwood Amphitheater between Murfreesboro Road and Hobson Pike. Services are at 8:00 and 10:30, and you can even hear me sing. Jeans, shorts, it don't matter cuz God don't care.

EDIT: Concealed carry is fine.

Based on all of the locales listed, there aren't many members who haven't been invited to a church within close driving distance.

You got that right, SpartaTN. Hopefully we can fill up the pews. The Good News you will hear Sunday has never gotten old nor ever will!

You got that right, SpartaTN. Hopefully we can fill up the pews. The Good News you will hear Sunday has never gotten old nor ever will!

The real issue is not to just fill the pews on Easter Sunday but most every Sunday!

I think the whole thread and all of the posts are refreshing for lack of better word. I'll be in Huntsville, AL and will attend with my wife's daughter and grandchildren.

While there please say a prayer for military who can't attend with their family.

I think the whole thread and all of the posts are refreshing for lack of better word. I'll be in Huntsville, AL and will attend with my wife's daughter and grandchildren.

While there please say a prayer for military who can't attend with their family.

This is a refreshing thread for sure. Glad to hear that you will be with family this weekend.

I try to include soldiers and their families on a very regular basis and pray that those who are separated by war will be safely reunited very soon.

God Bless the troops and their families!

God Bless America!

if you are in the knoxville area or surrounding counties come visit Faith Promise Church, Knoxville - a contemporary church in Knoxville, TN you are welcome to bring your "friend" with you. wear what you want. if you dont feel comfortable going to a building you can watch it live in the media section of the website on sunday morning. times and directions Faith Promise Church, Knoxville - a contemporary church in Knoxville, TN