Remington 1911 R1

Guest billwilly73

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had really lost my 1911 bone; I really had. Had no desire to own another one... none. Got over it. Moved on. Desire quelled. Satisfied completely with my later choices in handguns. Yessiree, no more 1911's for me. Outdated, antiquated... much better choices now... much more practical... leave 'em for the fan boys. Really. I was the :tough: guy now. Beyond all that silly JMB worship.

:P:sick::wall::wall::wall::lies:

This is difficult to say, but I don't think I love it. The styling and 1911R1 on the side... I just love the DW minimalist slide look...

But the price is just right on this one.

Guest bkelm18

About the only thing it's go going for it is that it's made by Remington. Otherwise it looks like a plain jane 1911 for $700.

it looks like a plain jane 1911

And that's what I love about it; it looks like it should, to me, instead of chopped and decked out. That's just me, though. It has the only thing that I think the original needed; better sights. I like the original style thumb safety, and everything about the gun.

Out of stock, but $578 at Buds.

Where is the 1911 R1 made?

These guns are built in our manufacturing facility in Ilion, NY.

thumbsup.gif

Made in America and a low price. Depending on performance it looks like a pretty good deal.

Rem1911R1-001.jpg

Edited by DaveTN
Guest cheez

Looks good but at $700 that is a bit steep. I would rather get a Rock Island for around $400 and spend the other $300 on upgrades. JMHO

Looks good but at $700 that is a bit steep. I would rather get a Rock Island for around $400 and spend the other $300 on upgrades. JMHO

Yoo hoo... Bud's $578... gotta pay attention... :P

The "R" doesn't bother me... is the seam you're talking about on the front strap , Gar?

Edited by Steelharp
Out of stock, but $578 at Buds.

Made in America and a low price. Depending on performance it looks like a pretty good deal.

That alone puts it at a competitive advantage in my book. I will pay more for USA made if the quality is equivalent.

And that's what I love about it; it looks like it should, to me, instead of chopped and decked out. That's just me, though. It has the only thing that I think the original needed; better sights. I like the original style thumb safety, and everything about the gun.

agreed.

Guest CK1
How is this a better gun than my RIA?

IMO, for the same reason most pricier 1911's out there are... it's all in the name.

How is this a better gun than my RIA?

Quality wise we don’t know yet. But if it’s manufactured here; the quality will be better and the money I spend stays here to help our economy.

If it’s just a bunch of foreign junk shipped in here and bolted together; it may not be any better than your RIA.

Smith & Wesson rocked the market with an American made (all parts) high quality Tupperware gun and held the price line of the bottom feeders. Maybe Remington is going to do the same thing with the 1911. We can dream can’t we. :P

Guest jackdm3

The page says it's of tight tolerances/fit. This was a problem with Aziroth's Kimber when it got dirty and you had to bump the slide forward 1/8". Not having a 1911 just yet, I've heard mil-spec helps you in a dirty location. What do military dudes (Delta?) use to get past the filth in their jobs?

Guest bkelm18

If actual street price is $500-600, then I might consider getting one if it's 100% Made in USA, if not, then well I'll stick to my RIA.