Why are people afraid to pass the police?

Guest Tygarys

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84
I can't stand people who hit the brakes when they see blue lights 1 mile ahead, or especially when they see a cop with someone pulled over on the other side of a k-rail divided highway. Yeah...as if he's going to drop what he's already doing, magically jump the k-rail and chase you down.

You know it is the law to slow down if you are unable to move over to another lane when you see a cop with lights flashing that already has someone pulled over? Thats why those people hit the brakes when they see a blue light up ahead....

Failure to slow down or move over will result in a $500 fine. Its the TN LAW!

Guest jdavis

I think we need to start pulling them over and give them a ticket for being a safety hazzard on the interstate 15 mph under the limit is the rule isnt it. you think they would let me borrow their ticket book??

I pass cops all the time. Passed one doing 120mph, he was sitting on side of road, didn't even move. I figure if I get busted, I'm guilty and will take my medicine.

Had another one right behind me at night on Garden State Parkway for about 20 minutes while doing 80mph. Didn't know it was a cop back there until he passed me.

I can't stand it when packs of wieners slow down traffic because of a slow moving cop. I just pass all of them as long as the cop is not doing anything official. If you're doing nothing wrong, what are you fearful of?

I can't stand people who hit the brakes when they see blue lights 1 mile ahead, or especially when they see a cop with someone pulled over on the other side of a k-rail divided highway. Yeah...as if he's going to drop what he's already doing, magically jump the k-rail and chase you down.

It's a trick! :drool:

Actually, the funniest (and sneakiest) police force I've ever seen is in Dalton, GA.

Those guys would sit in plain view and take radar. You could see them from a mile away so there's always plenty of time to slow down.

But, what you can't see is the cops down the hill that are really taking radar.

Once people pass the cop on top of the hill, they would always speed back up thinking they were in the clear.....them bam :hiding:

Edited by strickj
Guest mcgyver210
Because most Cops i see are speeding! So if i pass them then i am also speeding!

Same here I find that the enforcers are usually speeding since no one does anything to them. But I am almost positive if you or I pass them we would be in for a ticket.

If I ever see one going slower than posted limit I would definitely pass though.

Guest TargetShooter84

Actually, the funniest (and sneakiest) police force I've ever seen is in Dalton, GA.

Those guys would sit in plain view and take radar. You couldn't see them from a mile away so there's always plenty of time to slow down.

Once people pass the cop on top of the hill, they would always speed back up thinking they were in the clear.....them bam :hiding:

I've seen that happen before in Dalton, GA.

Its been nicknamed the "GA's Top Police Trap" county.

I've seen that happen before in Dalton, GA.

Its been nicknamed the "GA's Top Police Trap" county.

I got a couple of buddies that drive trucks OTR and they also warned about this. Apparently, they's famous for it.

As for why people don't pass the police, well that's simple; if you've got a cop in front of you, ya don't have one behind you.

This advice is not just smart, it's like Yoda smart.

Edited by BigK

Those guys would sit in plain view and take radar. You could see them from a mile away so there's always plenty of time to slow down.

I've seen alot of tricky stuff from GA when I use to go through there all the time. I once came over a hill on I75 and noticed a car sitting in the median with the hood up. Didn't seem like anything other than someone broke down until I got close to it, where I noticed an officer stand in front of the car shooting radar around the hood. Just beyond that were 5 or 6 patrol cars lined up just waiting for their signal. They put enough thought into setting up this way that the distance from the car with the hood up to where the patrol cars were all parked was just right so that as you first started coming down the hill the car with the hood up blocked your view of all of the other cars. I couldn't help but be impressed by the sight, as well as the fact that the officer was standing out in the heat shooting the radar rather than sitting in his patrol car.

• Moderators

I remember coming through Macon one time on the way back from Florida and they had an officer on top of an overpass shooting radar. Once you got to the other side there were about 5 units waiting on the on-ramp and about 8 more with cars pulled over on the side of the road giving citations. I think they were having great success with that particular tactic.

I remember coming through Macon one time on the way back from Florida and they had an officer on top of an overpass shooting radar. Once you got to the other side there were about 5 units waiting on the on-ramp and about 8 more with cars pulled over on the side of the road giving citations. I think they were having great success with that particular tactic.
I have seen the same tactic used in Atlanta.

If he’s in the left lane doing 50 in a 65 I would assume he is looking for something in the median. I would pass him and use care not to hit whatever he is looking for.

I was always amused when I would pull up to a busy 4-way stop. If I was bored I could sit there and watch the traffic back up, but usually I just went on; because no one is going until the cop goes. :hat:

I was always amused when I would pull up to a busy 4-way stop. If I was bored I could sit there and watch the traffic back up, but usually I just went on; because no one is going until the cop goes. :)

Yep. Drives me INSANE!

I tailgate them, flash my lights at them, flip them off...especially Bartlett cops!

Keep it up buddy. One of these days, you'll run across one of the guys that looks like me, but ain't! :rolleyes:

:D

I dont know about TN but in GA it is legal to flip off a cop. It has already been faught all the way to the State Supreme Court. It is covered under "free speach". I am not saying it is a smart thing to do but it is legal.

Probably "legal" in all states.

Also "idiotic" in all states.

- OS

I dont know about TN but in GA it is legal to flip off a cop. It has already been faught all the way to the State Supreme Court. It is covered under "free speach". I am not saying it is a smart thing to do but it is legal.

That is true everywhere BUT!!!! You better have everything in order and not be doing anything wrong. There are people I don't like or respect. Just like some do with LEO's. I just don't show hatefulness and willingly start a fight that I may lose.

As far as passing LEO's. If I am driving slow it is for a reason and I would rather you pass me and get out of my way. Driving fast means I have somewhere to be. Driving slow means I am looking for something. The only time I will stop anyone for passing me is if I am doing the speed limit or a little over and get passed. Now that just don't look good.

Guest db99wj
Yep. Drives me INSANE!

Keep it up buddy. One of these days, you'll run across one of the guys that looks like me, but ain't! :)

:D

"Goofy"?

:)

Funny, almost did that the other day, the bald head threw me!:D

Guest TargetShooter84

I was scared to pass a Oscar Meyer Wienermobile today on the interstate.....caused quite bit of a herd along with that too....undercover cop driving a wienermobile?!?!? :)

• Moderators
I would be, too. They drive like maniacs!

480-wienermobile.jpg

Thank you, thank you. Looked for that all day to post it here. Yea the OM mobile is a scary thing to see coming at ya.:)

Anytime a weiner is moving at you at 60mph it is a scary thing.

Anytime a weiner is moving at you at 60mph it is a scary thing.

I wouldn't be particularly concerned with the speed of the weiner coming at me. I'd be more concerned about the weiner itself. Thank goodness I've never found myself in that predicament... :)