Which of your semi-autos can be fired limp wristed?

My Glock 36, XD-45 and Colt Governmet can be fire limp wristed without jamming.

My DB300, MarkIII Hunter and XDM40 will jam when fire limp wristed.

I asked this becuase I was wondering how you could shoot with an injured wrist. :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davidz71

I just went through a Glock Armorer and Glock Instructor Workshop and they commented that limp wristing would cause problems with some Glocks. I guess you're lucky with yours. I've never had a problem with my SA XD40 or my 45's. I haven't tried it with my Ruger MKII .22 competition model.

My CZ 82 and CZ P-01 will fire fine with a weak grip. I was surprised to watch my daughter limp-wrist my Ruger Mark II without problems too.

My Kel-Tec P-32, Bersa Thunder .380, and Hi-Point C9 will all jam if you don't have a reasonably firm hold.

Guest Bonedaddy

My Stoeger Cougar will fire with a Pansy pulling the bang stick. I can't make it not fire. The only failure it ever had was with a Federal round that wouldn't eject. It wouldn't eject no matter how much I jack it off. I finally got pissed and took it apart and turns out the round had never been collar crimped and no ring on it. Just a straight tube with no ring but it still fired.

A friend had trouble with my PT145 that I think was due to limp wristing. I've never had a problem with it or any of my other guns (off-hand included), though I can't say I've ever intentionally limp wristed them to find out. My wife hasn't had problems with them either, though she doesn't shoot a lot.

My Glock 36, XD-45 and Colt Governmet can be fire limp wristed without jamming.

My DB300, MarkIII Hunter and XDM40 will jam when fire limp wristed.

I asked this becuase I was wondering how you could shoot with an injured wrist. :poop:

Hmm. my Mark III will jam when your pour loc-tite into it. Don't ask.

My XDm 9mm has only had one FTF, and it was a limp-wrist. The shooter emptied two mags, and 37/38 went downrange. The FTF occurred near the end of the 2nd mag, so it may have been a case of a 1st time pistol shooter getting a bit too comfortable.

Guest jackdm3

My beloved Beretta: GOOD!

My deplorable Kel-Tec: BAD!

At the end of "Saving Pvt. Ryan" Tom Hanks is worn out and limping the whole thing with no jams in his .45, so it must be true: 1911s rock!

I've played around with my Glocks and tried to intentionally limp-wrist them. The only one I could get to have any issues was the 26. If I intentionally limp-wrist, it will stove pipe, but only on the last round in the chamber. I expected to have issues with my LCP but I haven't.

Locked breech guns generically transfer inertia of the entire gun backwards....if you limp wrist the slide is inclined vertically and that backward push does not translate to proper slide movement. Limp wrist is failure is the result

Non-breech locked guns directly act on the slide/bolt rather than relying on the rearward inertia. Any pistol that does not have a locked breech design will be immune to limp wristing. Most guns under .380 caliber fall into this category.

Guest 10mm4me

I held my G21 the other day like a limp noodle and it fired every time. I have tried this with every pistol I own. I personally think limp wristing is a myth. I own many handguns and none of them have ever malfunctioned due to limpwristing and I have really tried hard to induce failure. I mean I literally hold it just enough so it doesn't fly out of my hand.