First Time Carrying this Weekend - Defective Guns?

On Friday, I finally received my holster (Crossbreed Supertuck) for my G22, and decided to start carrying (I received my HCP last month). We started out by going to a non-posted restaurant in Knoxville that serves alcohol (oh, the horror). I somehow managed to avoid getting drunk (or even drinking any alcohol, as I was carrying) or shooting my fellow restaurant patrons, and enjoyed a quiet dinner. I was also pleased to discover that the Glock disappears in a pair of relaxed fit jeans and an untucked t-shirt, so no one seemed to notice. No screaming children, no fainting women, no MWAG calls, not even a long stare. ;) Followed up dinner with a movie, which was likewise uneventful.

Now, I thought that when I started carrying, my handgun would discharge at random, cause me to get into drunken bar-fights, and scare women and children?

Do I have a defective handgun?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
:lol: Welcome to the club. Just wait until you carry in a park and realize the streets DON'T run red with the blood of innocent children. :eek:
Guest mikedwood

It's not the Glock. As everyone knows they are perfect.

It is your choice of caliber. Only a .40?

If you want the mayhem that goes with having your HCP you need to bump up to a .45 cal minimum and if you want buildings to crumble as if a 10.0 earthquake hit them as you enter get a 10mm.

Even them most anti gun soccer mom with her gaggle of snot nosed gosslings in tow know that anything below a .45 is harmless as a butter knife.

It's not the Glock. As everyone knows they are perfect.

It is your choice of caliber. Only a .40?

If you want the mayhem that goes with having your HCP you need to bump up to a .45 cal minimum and if you want buildings to crumble as if a 10.0 earthquake hit them as you enter get a 10mm.

Even them most anti gun soccer mom with her gaggle of snot nosed gosslings in tow know that anything below a .45 is harmless as a butter knife.

Not So! The .40 Glock is so deadly by merely loading it you run the risk of a K-Boom that might well disturb the earths rotation!

Guest Caveman

I have a Glock 22, but I dare not fire it again. The last time I let one go the power of the 40 round disrupted the thought patterns of half the known world and many became ignorant from the blast. Funny thing though, this incident happened right around the time Obama was elected, go figure...:D

Guest Fenris
I have a Glock 22, but I dare not fire it again. The last time I let one go the power of the 40 round disrupted the thought patterns of half the known world and many became ignorant from the blast. Funny thing though, this incident happened right around the time Obama was elected, go figure...:D

So, *that* was the disturbance in the force I felt...

My PA63 must be defective, too. One would think a Hungarian gun would not like to follow rules and behave...

Thanks guys. I picked up a LCP over the weekend as well and it has the same problem. Coming from a liberal / anti family, I always hear (still hear) all that crap, so its fun to vent a little.

It's not the Glock. As everyone knows they are perfect.<br />

<br />

It is your choice of caliber. Only a .40? <br />

<br />

If you want the mayhem that goes with having your HCP you need to bump up to a .45 cal minimum and if you want buildings to crumble as if a 10.0 earthquake hit them as you enter get a 10mm.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

I thought about a 10mm, but I didn't want to be placed in the axis of evil for owning a weapon of mass destruction. The 22 is an LEO trade in I got a good deal on back in January, and I have a hard time resisting a gun with some sort of history.

The problem is that you didn't have a Kahr with you when you went to the movie theater....

:D:rofl:

Guest Caveman
If you pull out a .40 and Chuck Norris is around, even he says, "Whoa, easy there"

:D He went Chuck on us.....oh yeah....that just happened :D

Yep, all of mine are defective too. Even my AR-15 and AK-74 still haven't wandered off on their own and shot up a school. I've been meaning to take them to a gunsmith but just haven't gotten around to it.

Guest uofmeet

I think my XD might be defective. Went to chili's last night on g-town road near wolfchase(not posted) with a loaded fire arm and somehow everyone was still alive when i left. Not even anyone injured from a bullet wound......their has to be something wrong with mine also.

Congrats on not being one of the "Most Wanted"! I can't believe the metal detectors in the movie theatre didn't pick up on.....ohhhh...you said glock....the invisible, evasive, tactical tupperware of the evil empire....nuff said.

I think my XD might be defective. Went to chili's last night on g-town road near wolfchase(not posted) with a loaded fire arm and somehow everyone was still alive when i left. Not even anyone injured from a bullet wound......their has to be something wrong with mine also.

Hang on a doggone minute, here...........you're saying you took a scary, deadly GUN into a place where alcoholic beverages were, and a chaotic bloodbath did not erupt ?

You did something wrong. You have disappointed the mainstream media.

What are you, anyway ? A responsible, law-abiding, trained, background-checked citizen ? SHEEEEEEESH