N756B flying again

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, another V-tailed Doctor Killer back in the air! Bet that annual and accompanying work set back the old discretionary funds account a bit! How much is 100LL a gallon now?

I personally love the V Tail. My senior thesis was on the VTail Strengthening kit and the problems arising which led to it and the results of the fix.

The VTail I flew was very close in tail number being N659N

Ahh, another V-tailed Doctor Killer back in the air!

Thank God, Im not a Doctor ;)

Bet that annual and accompanying work set back the old discretionary funds account a bit! How much is 100LL a gallon now?

AvGas is going at over 4.55 per Gal. I burn about 9.5-10 gal an hr.

Flying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The most fun you can have,,,,,,,,, With you pants on!

Pants? Who said anything about needing pants?

Nice plane. Dad used to take me flying when I was a kid and I loved it. Wish I had the time/money to pursue it now. We got him a glider ride for Christmas and he finally took it a couple weeks ago. Neat stuff.

Guest bkelm18

Got my Private License when I was 17. Unfortunately I only put in a few hours after that and haven't gone up in 8 yrs. I miss it and I'd take it back up if it weren't so dang expensive.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Damn I miss it. Have a comm/inst and havent flown since 1993. Never flew one of those fancy forky tailed devices though. Now I stick to walking around 737's all day.

What do you do?

Yes! If you wasn't in Lacassassesass I'd take you up on that

Be ready, he might come back and say meet him at CHA (Chattanooga airport), which is ~ 45min + from MBT (Murfreesboro airport), depending on cruise speed. I do know that a lowly Cessna 152 can make that trip in a hour and that V-tailed Bonanza is faster......................

Guest Glock23ForMe
Be ready, he might come back and say meet him at CHA (Chattanooga airport), which is ~ 45min + from MBT (Murfreesboro airport), depending on cruise speed. I do know that a lowly Cessna 152 can make that trip in a hour and that V-tailed Bonanza is faster......................

Shoot the ILS into CHA....

Terry,

Do you already have your Inst or are you working on it now?

I could never afford the fuel cost for that :D

Terry's a great ambassador for aviation. I'm sure he's serious about stopping down there to give you a ride in his fork-tailed contraption. He offered to take me down to CHA to look at something I was considering over in the TGO Classifieds. But to me he's not some strange guy from the Interwebz offering me a ride in his airplane. He's the strange guy in the office next to mine offering me a ride in his airplane. :D Seriously, I can vouch that he's not a serial killer*. If he's offering a ride and you're interested, give it a try.

*Once or twice doesn't count as "serial" does it?

Edited by monkeylizard
Terry's a great ambassador for aviation. Seriously, I can vouch that he's not a serial killer*. If he's offering a ride and you're interested, give it a try.

+1 from another co-worker in the office next door. :D

Edited by D3vo
Thank God, Im not a Doctor ;)

AvGas is going at over 4.55 per Gal. I burn about 9.5-10 gal an hr.

Still not bad, when I used to have a few hotrods I would buy the AvGas for them to run on. It was cheaper than buying racefuel and actually ran better. The last time I bought some it was around $2.60 a gallon at the airport when premium was running $2 and racefuel was $4+ a gallon. I was told the AvGas was between 108 and 116 octane which really helped bring the high compression engine I would run to life.

Dolomite

I earned most of my Private License working the line at an FBO in Fla. When I was flying I could rent a Cessna 150 for $18 an hour (wet). Of course we only made $2.75 an hour at the time! We had just about one of every Beechcraft model available for rental or charter. All were great planes though some were a little odd, ie Skipper and Musketeer!