Chupacabras in TN again?! Man kills weird animal in Walnut,TN.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dead, sick dog ...

on a steeck!

Would that make it a deadsickdogsickle?

Working in the kennel business, I've seen a fair few dogs that look just like that. The later stages of vral mange do ndeed turn skin a blue-ey/black color. I once killed a porcupine in a mesquite tree in South West Texas that was bald & black with the Mange too. Oddest looking thing I've ever seen!

It doesn't seem odd to you guys that there are dead, sick dogs that look EXACTLY alike popping up in different states? I mean this isn't exactly blurry Bigfoot or "My Uncle knows a guy who slept with this girl who's Dad saw the Loch Ness monster". I'm curious to see the DNA results from the one in Texas.

It's not odd when I didn't see the critter and I don't know where the pictures came from. Maybe they're all pictures of the same dead dog.

It's hearsay.

Guest malbolja
It doesn't seem odd to you guys that there are dead, sick dogs that look EXACTLY alike popping up in different states?

A lot less odd than the belief that a critter that size and capable of the feats attributed to it could remain unknown to the scientific community of North America into the 21st century

It's not odd when I didn't see the critter and I don't know where the pictures came from. Maybe they're all pictures of the same dead dog.

It's hearsay.

Seems like a stretch, but to each their own.

A lot less odd than the belief that a critter that size and capable of the feats attributed to it could remain unknown to the scientific community of North America into the 21st century

Not really. Look, don't get me wrong I'm not a UFO chaser or Bigfoot believer, but things do pop up from time to time that have either been newly discovered or that were thought to be extinct.

Even though I think, and it's now been proven, that these are cases of dogs or coyotes with a bad case of mange, I'm still not really saying that I believe we've discovered everything that's out there in the wild. There's tons of animal species that have migrated further and further out in the wilderness as the humans take over and clear more and more land. There's also a huge amount of wilderness out there that either hasn't been explored or that is rarely explored. I'm not saying I necessarily believe in chupacabras or bigfoot, but knowing how clever some wildlife can be as far as hiding from humans, I do believe that there is the possibility for different things to be out there hiding somewhere. I just hate seeing these articles where someone makes a big uproar thinking they've killed or spotted something special when they don't have any actual proof of what it is, and then jump to the conclusion that it is some rare or legendary animal before even thinking about what it most likely is in reality.

I just hate seeing these articles where someone makes a big uproar thinking they've killed or spotted something special when they don't have any actual proof of what it is, and then jump to the conclusion that it is some rare or legendary animal before even thinking about what it most likely is in reality.

On the other hand, maybe what they have killed is both a sick/mangy animal and a Chupacabra. Often, legends seem to have at least some basis in something real that has been misconstrued. Could it not be that such creatures were the basis for the Chupacabra legends in the first place - in which case, they would be real Chupacabras? Wouldn't this mean that the folks in question have killed Chupacabras?

Then, again, I'm not ruling out the possibility that Chupacabras exist and are something else, entirely.

Edited by JAB
On the other hand, maybe what they have killed is both a sick/mangy animal and a Chupacabra. Often, legends seem to have at least some basis in something real that has been misconstrued. Could it not be that such creatures were the basis for the Chupacabra legends in the first place - in which case, they would be real Chupacabras? Wouldn't this mean that the folks in question have killed Chupacabras?

Then, again, I'm not ruling out the possibility that Chupacabras exist and are something else, entirely.

It could be viewed that way, or perhaps those that came up with the whole idea of Chupacabras are the exact people I speak of in my comment. Instead of waiting to find out what it was, or calling it what it looked to most likely be, they decided that it must be some kind of new creature. If those folks wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that it is some rare or legendary animal, the idea of Chupacabras may have never come about.......Kind of a chicken or the egg type thing.

Both are pretty good points. I've always been kind of open minded about things. I mean I know certain animals exist, but I've never seen them in person so does that make them fake? Not necessarily. If these things are sick coyotes I wonder what's causing some of them to get like that in different states and if that shouldn't be a bigger cause for concern.

Seems like the So called Scientist could end the debate on something like this easy.

They have the body, they could take a DNA sample and compare to known dogs and look for a match.

It is a dead decaying dog.

Seems like the So called Scientist could end the debate on something like this easy.

They have the body, they could take a DNA sample and compare to known dogs and look for a match.

It is a dead decaying dog.

It's not that easy though, because you've still got people who will refuse to believe in the scientific evidence, and want to start speaking of cover-ups and government conspiracy. :D

It's a strange world we live in where a highly trained scientist can tell someone that an apple is an apple, yet that someone still thinks it's some new kind of fruit or the world's largest grape.

I haven't heard any scientific evidence, much less seen a scientific report on the critter. Do any exist?

It's really easy to disbelieve stuff you find on the internet -- it's because 99% of it is BS.