"Official" East Tn TGO Fall "Meet & Shoot"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone....I had an awesome time. Glad everyone who was there was able to make it out. Also again, HUGE thanks to Bill(aka titan14) for cooking us up some awesome grub. And yes, The ricochet's sucked big time! Anyways, Again....Had a great time and can't wait til the next one!

I guess I missed all the excitement. What was the ricochet from?

Mosin.... :tough:

I wanted John(aka Garufa) to try out that 1" steel plate I snagged from work to see how it would hold up against his Mosin. Evidently when we set it up, one we set it at the wrong angle, and two it ended up being too soft of metal anyway. First shot did fine(although it did put a 1/2" deep demple in it), 2nd shot we heard it fly back over our heads. So we stopped shooting at the plate.

A few minutes later, I think someone else was shooting a pumpkin that was just over top(on a bank) above the plate and shot low and hit the plate, again we heard that sound. So we called cold range and I went and put that plate back in the bed of my truck. :nervous:

Great time! Thanks BigJ for hosting us yahoos, and thanks to Titan for the smoked dogs. I'll try to get my pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Yep, can't thank Jason enough for the venue and Bill for the cooking effort!

I'm trying to get a round tuit on posting some pix also.

- OS

I had a great time! Thanks BigJ for hosting all of us. What a nice range. And thanks to Titan for working his magic on our lunch. It was great to see some of you again and meet a lot of great folks. Yep. A good day

Glenn

I'd like to say thanks to all who brought meat...I don't think anyone went hungry...and I KNOW not everyone brought food...:D

Ohshoot....thanks for the burger. Mike....thanks for the beverages.

This kind of thing just keeps showing itself over and over again...when I'm with TGO members....I'm in GREAT company!!!!

P.S. Jason....how'd the "other" meat turn out?

P.S. Jason....how'd the "other" meat turn out?

Everything turned out great. Thanks for smoking it for me. I had almost as big a crowd out shooting today and they about wiped out the pork.

First off..I appoligize to everybody who had to wait till I showed up before heading to Jasons' place. I know it was a grueling 10min and I thank you.....however, I never thought or figured for the life of me that EVERYONE WOULD BE ON TIME AT 10AM!!!! :P

Man....so good seeing you guys and meeting some of you others. I know I didn't say hi to everyone and introduce myself but I believe I was able to put faces with names with everyone.

Thank you Jason for hosting the gathering. Hopefully my spinner contribution was usefully destroyed sunday. Can't wait to do it again....major fun!!! :D

Titan, though I didn't eat anything, it really looked like people couldn't stop stuffing their mouths and it sure smelled good. I remember seeing people rubbing their bellies in glorious pain and suffering while you're opening the grill saying "don't be shy more's comming off, everybody eat up." One of these days you'll be cooking around the time I actually eat and I'll have to try some of your fabulous foods. Once again, thanks for being the offical East TN Master Chef and dragging all your precious seceret spices and your grill to the meet. :D

Now where's the pics at??? Come on, I know you guys took more than that!!:cool:

Edited by kwe45919

Thanks for having us out, BigJ. You have a great place and its nice to be among friends. Met a lot of great people who I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting before. Thanks again!

Guest oldsmobile98

Great to meet some of you guys. Thanks for letting me shoot your boomsticks. If anybody wants to try out the Deeming Mechanism (G3 Clone) again, you are more than welcome.

Thanks to OS and kwe45919 for the rides to and from. And big thanks to BigJ45 and titan14 for the range and smoker. Much obliged to you gents.

Here are most of a fairly so-so batch of photos that I took. I should have paid more attention to the photography,or to the shooting, instead of giving both short shrift, methinks. I apologize for not getting a good recognizable shot of everybody there.Anyway, it was a great time out in the wilds of the Andersonville area.

1.jpg

Here's looking downrange from the shooting stations --folks are moving down to set and change various targets at various distances. They kept moving in a fast zigzag pattern, so it was hard to get a good bead on any of them, and I don't think there were any confirmed hits.

------------------------------------------------

2.jpg

Our host, BigJ45. He's on right, sharing some finer points of gun lore with BubbaTN. Or maybe he was telling him what a hopeless shot Bubba is, I couldn't hear all that well.

----------------------------

1.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

And the other principal that made the whole thing such a success, Titan14 who came down from Church Hill with GrillaZilla in tow. With twin propane tanks and a very quiet little generator chugging away nearby, this thing smoked, grilled, and rotisseriated -- I think for a slight fee it would take you aside and show you a good time, too, but I didn't try that. It was loaded down with hamburger, wieners, brats, pork sections, a venison hind quarter, and I think two dik-diks and and half a wapiti. Awesome.

-----------------------------

4.jpg

The grill area was as popular as the shooting range, at least until everybody pigged out.

Here SunTzu philosophically pontificates to (l-r) Erik88, Titan14, Lumber_Jack, and BubbaTN.

------------------------------

5.jpg5.jpg

CaveMan and Super Significant Squeeze standing under one of the covered shooting stations. The banners are left over from a TV production or two that were taped at BigJ45's range. There's also a trauma bag hanging back of them up in the rafters, plus the GPS coordinates prominently displayed, just in case. From CaveMan's expression, it might be just in case he doesn't like having his pic taken.

6.jpg

Dotsun (left) doesn't have FrankenTruck anymore, so he amused us with E. TN gangsta signs (left). Greenego (yellow hat) has joined the group waiting on the FOOD to be ready.

-------------------

7.jpg

AND, Dotsun and his Spousal Unit (aka "The Boss") had a little shoot off, and I won't mention who seemed to be the better shot, since I wouldn't dream of embarrassing him.

--------------------------

8.jpg

Quick fuzzy grabshot of Oldsmobile98 and his dad, a doctor. Unfortunately he wasn't a shrink, so there wasn't much he could do to help anyone in attendance.

--------------------------------

9.jpg

Oldsmobile98 lets it rip with a mousegun. We know his hair is actually on loan from Carrot Top.

-----------------------

10.jpg

Mike.357 with Titan; by Mike's expression, this might have been when the first Mosin round went whining overhead in the wrong direction?

---------------------

11.jpg

But unfazed, Mike goes over to the firing line and assumes an uber tactical position.

12.jpg

Mahahn came the furthest, all the way from Cincinnati. He wanted to hang out where there was less weekend gunfire.

13.jpg

Speaking of unfazed, Erik88 shoots the high and low of the situation. Look at those bullet holes in the barrel right next to his head in the bottom photo. Brave lad.

--------------------------

14.jpg14.jpg

Major Kong lets it rip with a AR pistola he assembled. Think he said it was the first time he shot it...I shot it myself in same way, using that long buffer tube as a shoulder rest (I think it's a BATF violation to even say the word "stock"). Shoots great that way, and even though it wasn't yet sighted in when I fired it, I'm sure it's plenty accurate once you don't flinch from having the sight so close to yer eyeball.

-----------------------------------

15.jpg

FtnCityFatBoy watches the spectacle while contemplating the finite.

-----------------------------------------

16.jpg

Like a number of folks there, I didn't get a decent shot of Kwe45919, but to prove he was there, here ya go.

-------------------------------------

17.jpg

Here's Dash80 to Dash8 and his KT Sub 2000 shown here, first time. It's 9mm, Glock mag config, and that's a 33 round happy stick in there. Nice and accurate, I got to shoot it, I like it. And folded up, just the thing for discreet briefcase or backpack carry in case of SHTF. Or for daily normal carry in Union and Cocke counties.

-----------------------

18.jpg

Here is your intrepid photog and correspondent, pic by SeaSlug, whose Noveske SBR I was privileged to be shooting. A VERY sweet running gun, and reputed to cost over 500 bucks!

--------------------

--------------------

I'll throw in some more general "hanging out" shots in another posts. Can't believe I didn't get any decent ones of folks I already knew (SeaSlug, Greenego, Glenn, Kenstaroni, etc).

I do believe Garufa, who has always leaned toward double naught seven cloaking, no longer physically registers in cameras or mirrors.

Also I failed to meet two or three of you how came for the first time, though you may appear in the group shots in the next batch. I hope to correct that next time we get together.

Thanks to all for the great company!

- OS

1.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg1.jpg

Edited by OhShoot

Oh, forgot, here's another pic of that sky shot:

sky.jpg

I guess it wasn't really a "close" encounter or anything, but from the ground, it sure looks like there might have been an "oops" moment up there, as they certainly diverged after their nearest position. Or maybe this was some planned maneuver of some sort, no idea what kind of planes were up there doing this. But for sure all of us the ground thought it was pert dang odd.

-----------------------

So, here are a few more general shots of folks, gives an idea of turnout and just what a nice hunk of land on such a nice fall day.

gen1.jpg

gen2.jpg

gen3.jpg

gen4.jpg

gen5.jpg

gen6.jpg

gen7.jpg

gen8.jpg

- OS

Edited by OhShoot