101010 whats yer plan

Il Duce

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be at prentice if you wanna go

Hey, thanks for the offer. I've never been to Prentice mainly because I have yet to buy a rifle. I know they have a pistol range too, but I prefer the indoor range with handguns. When I buy a rifle next year, I will take you up on the offer. I don't know if you are a member to any of the indoor ranges. If not and you want to go try them out just give me a buzz and I can bring you as my guest. I am a member of Carl's, Carter's, and Shooter's.

good grief lol. im trying to decide between carters and shooters to join in a few months. which is better?

I don't know which is really better. I like both. I can rate them on different categories.

Price: Carter's ($150 vs. $250 for their best membership packages)

Hours of operation: Depends on when you like to shoot. Weekends: Carter's (open on Sunday and till 7 on Saturday), Weekdays: Shooters (open till 8 with $250 membership)

Lighting: Shooter's

Number of lanes that work: Shooter's (both have 6 lanes, but some of Carter's target hangers are always broken)

Small Crowd: Overall I would say Carter's, but it depends on when you like to shoot. Many times I am the only person on range at Carter's.

Ventiliation: Shooter's

Parking: Shooter's without question

Friendliness of staff: Same, I like all of them

Range distance: Carter's (23 yd vs 15 yd)

Appearance of the facility (how nice it is): Shooter's definitely

The ability to go bats**t crazy if you are on the range by yourself: Carter's, without question. I plan on taking advantage of this when I get more into Comp or SD-type shooting.

So, each one of them has their strengths. I will maintain my membership at both ranges. While I really like Carl at Sportsman Supply, I doubt I will renew my membership when it is up at the end of the year. Carl has the nicest range imho. However, his hours stink, his range price is too high ($125 for 11.5 hours, then another $100 for an additional 11.5 hours), he is too rigid when it comes to what you can do in the range (drawing from a holster is not allowed), and I have heard that he plans on retiring next year.