Zombie flicks!!!!

Guest REDDOG79

[Zombieland - bad casting (a skinny, pimple face kid lacking self confidence especially around wimmin), bad acting, bad everything. Both movies get rated -5........[/font][/i]

Thing is, the skinny, pimple faced kid survived the original outbreak specifically because he was a socially inept loner who didn't have a crowd of friends or close family to become infected and take him out. The character even said so in the movie (which I thought was actually quite a clever take on why some folks might survive.) Further - again, as the character said - he didn't become crippled with grief or depression after the outbreak because he never cared much about most people, anyway. Alone with no friends, no family and no one to take care of him or for him to have to take care of - the outbreak didn't change much, for him.

Besides that (much to her surprise) my wife who has in the past refused to watch anything that is even remotely horror based loved Zombieland so much that she has watched the first two episodes of Walking Dead with me and is kind of hooked (enough to have yelled at the television a couple of times when the characters were doing something especially stupid.) Heck, I might even be able to get her to watch a Romero flick, now - which would never have happened without Zombieland.

I have said, before, that Return of the Living Dead is probably my favorite. I think it manages to successfully straddle the fence between comedy and horror. Maybe not the best movie ever, and pretty 'dated', but Linnea Quigley's graveyard dance affects me pretty much the same now as the first time I saw it more than 20 years ago. That and I still love the soundtrack (although I have no idea where I have put my old cassette copy.)

Edited by JAB
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jared556

I'm a huge fan of all things zombie! White zombie, rob zombie , all the movies even the "B" movies. The walking dead is awesome. I think there is only 2 episodes left. :(

No Crazies fans? The car wash scene actually made me jump...and that NEVER happens to me in a movie. Romero wasn't promoted and I didn't know this was one of his until the credits.

I think this was the best Zombie/Virus/Military Experiment gone bad movie of the last decade.

No Crazies fans? The car wash scene actually made me jump...and that NEVER happens to me in a movie. Romero wasn't promoted and I didn't know this was one of his until the credits. ....

Romero did both of them. Wrote/directed/edited first one, co-wrote/produced the recent one.

- OS

I can't believe nobody has mentioned "Night of the Comet" yet......

Night of the Comet (1984) - IMDb

I watched 28 Days Later over the long weekend. It was obviously lower budget and not a lot of Z's, but the overall acting was credible. As a movie, It was OK. That is, up until the time when a bicycle courier whips a trained Army unit because he wanted his girl back. OK, so he had help from a couple of Zs. It seemed to have one of the more credible and frighteningly real-world-possible basis for where the Zs came from. It did make me glad that we have guns in this country and that I need more of them and more ammo. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 73challenger
Whaaaat??? How can you say that? Maybe it did and I was too busy staring at Claire. mmmmmm Ali Larter.....

I liked the 4th one though. I just thought the whole telekinesis thing was STUPID. Ya'll should be jealous of my umbrella corp tshirt!

WOW, I had forgotten Night of the Comet. that was one I really liked, and I thought, very well done. Still remember the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" scene, lmao.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned "Night of the Comet" yet......

Night of the Comet (1984) - IMDb

I watched 28 Days Later over the long weekend. It was obviously lower budget and not a lot of Z's, but the overall acting was credible. As a movie, It was OK. That is, up until the time when a bicycle courier whips a trained Army unit because he wanted his girl back. OK, so he had help from a couple of Zs. It seemed to have one of the more credible and frighteningly real-world-possible basis for where the Zs came from. It did make me glad that we have guns in this country and that I need more of them and more ammo. ;)

Yeah, I loved this one too.

No Crazies fans? The car wash scene actually made me jump...and that NEVER happens to me in a movie. Romero wasn't promoted and I didn't know this was one of his until the credits.

I think this was the best Zombie/Virus/Military Experiment gone bad movie of the last decade.

Anybody familiar with this on FearNet?

Looks like it might be online only:

Zombie Roadkill - FEARnet

- OS

Lovin' it. Thanks for posting.

i thinks you are probably right. zombie movies should be "horror" not comical IMO, but as you state to each his own. nothing personal........

I respectfully disagree. Every movie genre has had comical versions. Why should zombies be any different?

It is on netflix. I have watched about half but haven't finished. It's pretty funny.

Added to my instant queue. It will be watched soon.

Guest friesepferd

"Fido"

I just watched it on comcast HD on demand. Its one of the funniest movies Ive seen in a long time. It's about a boy and his pet zombie, Fido.

It takes place in a time similar to the 50s, but where there are zombies, which are mainly kept in control using special collars. So people have zombies as maids, zombies delivering milk, etc. (unless the collar stops working for some reason, then they become the zombies we all know and love).

Made in 2006 I think, but this was the first time I saw it, and I love it.