Harwell's first statement on her policy for the next two years.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said, the worse possible RINO that could have been elected to the speakers position.... The people spoke, we want the government to get smaller, not larger, and that means the legislature should be reducing laws, especially those which infringe on our rights... like the 2nd amendment, but this RINO doesn't understand that.

this kinda crap is what gets the republicans in trouble every time. "we've got to get along, listen to both sides, compromise, and the most important--- we've got to keep the 'party first' mindset"

Damn, we vote'em out they keep coming back, they're like zombies.

Rep. or Dems, if they don't vote for the rights of the people they need to be out on their arse.

Shock. Surprise. I am totally shocked a politician would put her party's agenda over the needs of the people. Totally.

That is the primary problem with our local, state, and federal governments...

We need to figure out how to remove this 2 party system, before it kills this nation.

In this situation, Harwell's agenda will be Haslam's... Surprised he does not want any more pro-2nd A laws passed???

Edited by HvyMtl
  • Administrator

So the question begs to be asked...

After all of the noise made about contacting your Representatives and demanding that they not nominate Harwell, it appears that all was for naught. One can only conclude that either (a.) not enough pressure was put on the Reps or (b.) they just DGAF what their constituents want. Government of the people by the elite.

Most of us here can carry guns. But many here don’t have jobs. I’ll take legislation that creates jobs or helps the economy over gun laws any day.

However… I don’t understand why they can’t do both.

I agree...

While this probably won't be a "good" session for firearms legislation...I haven't heard anything to make me think we would loose anything we have now either.

After all of the noise made about contacting your Representatives and demanding that they not nominate Harwell, it appears that all was for naught. One can only conclude that either (a.) not enough pressure was put on the Reps or (b.) they just DGAF what their constituents want. Government of the people by the elite.

Probably both....

But still goes back to what I said in another thread, I really didn't see where we'd have much input on who they picked among themselves in the first place. Sort of like Canada trying to tell us who to elect for president just because they trade with us or something.

Probably both....

But still goes back to what I said in another thread, I really didn't see where we'd have much input on who they picked among themselves in the first place. Sort of like Canada trying to tell us who to elect for president just because they trade with us or something.

Last time I checked, the House was supposed to belong to the People. We pay the taxes that they redistribute, and which goes for their salaries. They are supposed to be Representatives for God's sake, which the last time I checked, meant that they were to take into consideration what the bosses want. That would be the ones who pay the bills, or so it works in every other situation where there are services rendered for dollars expended.

Edited by Worriedman

I am sure it is a measure of both. The average person sits on their hinneys and expects some one else to do the heavy lifting, it is the case in all endeavors. Then they piss and moan when things do not go to suit them. Those who get involved, open their wallets, burn up their shoe leather and raise their voices are labeled extremist. (The enemy of my enemy is my friend, for as long as the fight is on).

Then there is the normal Republican Party of Tennessee, middle of the road, quite moderate, only wanting to deal with the so called Concervatives when they are needed to fund the races and help beat the Democrats. Once in Power, they go about their standard Moderate/Liberal agenda's, and when the Democrats take back over they whine and wonder why!

Last time I checked, the House was supposed to belong to the People. We pay the taxes that they redistribute, and which goes for their salaries. They are supposed to be Representatives for God's sake, which the last time I checked, meant that they were to take into consideration what the bosses want. that would be the ones who pay the bills, or so it works in every other situation where there are services rendered for dollars expended.

Ok...

I didn't put any pressure on my rep, as I don't think it would do any good. Harwell represents my district. In my experience, she never responds to any communication that she doesn't agree with.

you can bet any of the newly elected members were under heavy pressure to tow the party stalwarts along, and with them being greenhorns they felt they were in no position to rock the boat.

Of course my philosophy has always been why just float along when you can rock the boat, it's a lot more interesting.

Guest tnxdshooter
Most of us here can carry guns. But many here don’t have jobs. I’ll take legislation that creates jobs or helps the economy over gun laws any day.

However… I don’t understand why they can’t do both.

Amen,

It aint because I am lazy I submit probably 20 apps a day. There is just not really anything out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Harwell as Speaker is a two-edged sword. First, the folks we helped elect to see

after our interests, dropped us like a hot potato. Second, we don't know who

voted for her, or against. Hate these secret ballots.

We'll have to live with this for a while, and keep pecking away at the issues. Silence

will kill us.

Honestly I'm not surprised. Really, let's take a look at last year alone. We got alot passed that has sat stagnant for years under Naifeh. While it wasn't all perfect, it's still a big leap IMHO. Now, after all the hoopla and screaming and ranting about all the other issues and the big turnover what was the one thing that really stuck out about all this? Oh yeah...Doug Jackson, our biggest voice, got hung out to dry.

Most people do not give a **** about gun laws. There are those of us that are for and those against, but most just don't care, UNTIL it's jammed down their throats for a year by an anti-gun media. My point is there are alot of other issues that are facing the state and the nation besides just ours. I'm not a Harwell fan or a Haslam fan, but my point is I don't think they are going to take anything away from us. I also didn't expect anyone to be the new "carry permit holder advocate" poster child after the voters made an example out of Doug Jackson either. Now maybe it's true it was just the (D) that killed him, I'm sure it had alot to do with it, but I think some people sent him a message too.

I remember last time they put in a New Speaker. Mumpower was the chosen one, and got blind sided. I know there are not enough Dems to change the current situation, but... She is not installed, not yet... And if she pisses off enough GOP players, she too will be blindsided...