What do you do?

VERO1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There sure are a lot of smart people on here, as someone said on here a couple years ago, "all gun owners aren't a bunch of backwards hillbilly rednecks".

Well I'm just a redneck not backwards, I don't think.

My brother and I own a vinyl siding business, we do of course vinyl siding, replacement windows, & canopys, glass enclosuers, and some other small additons.

We also raise a few cows from time to time. Cut, rake, and bale hay for our self and a neighbor. None at the moment just one useless horse. lol,

I am retired from (roughly in order, since the age of 13)

utility board ditch digger/service line estimator/meter tech

fishing columnist on local newspaper

silo brick maker

killer of hardwoods

paper mill laborer

bartender in private clubs (before liquor by the drink was legal, before I myself was legal!)

counter sorter operator in bank

bulk stock certificate mailer

college library tech

public high school teacher

photography teacher at art gallery

private high school teacher

Exxon station night manager/basic mechanic

applier of dangerous substances to interstate bridges

cab driver

fisherman

hot roofer

semi driver (over the road bedbugger)

pool hall manager

movie lab tech/cinematographer/photographer/videographer

computer imaging/multimedia production/script writing

tech writing and editing/environmental training

eBay sales

DSL tech support

communications director for a non-profit

Fedex Ground contractor

Other stuff I've probably forgotten and a couple I can't mention!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I'm a Consulting Forester, we manage all aspects of timberland management, oil/gas & hunting leases. We have offices in every state in the southeast. ...

Lemme know if you want any hardwood stands killed! (see my illustrious resume one post up). :D

- OS

Guest bkelm18
Lemme know if you want any hardwood stands killed! (see my illustrious resume one post up). :D

- OS

Mac The Lumber Jack. That's something I'd pay to see. :D

Mac The Lumber Jack. That's something I'd pay to see. :D

Hey, I said kill them, not harvest them. Seriously, did that one summer for Hiwassee Land Company.

But still, you saw me splitting wood with my mighty $10 CTD knife ... think what I can do with chainsaw and axe!

But it would take some real coin to draw me out of retirement. :D

- OS

Guest mustangdave

I am currently UNEMPLOYED... I do Graphic Design and Illustration...thinking of going FREELANCE and just doing what I "like" to do. I did 20 years in the Navy...have a monthly retirement check...worked for INGRAM CONTENT GROUP from 1998 until the day after Thanksgiving 2011...and can draw a pension from INGRAM starting in June 2012 if I want to. I'm looking for a new gig...but whether its doing graphic design or whatever is no big deal...I'm game for just about anything...just NO MORE CRAZY STRESS.

IF you know of anything...and I mean just about anything...let me know...any gun shops looking to hire counter help?

I work as a chemist for a medium sized chemical company. One of my responsibilities is developing products for a myriad of industries, or copying what someone else has done and try to take their business by lowering the price and/or providing better service. Additional responsibilities are MSDS authoring, overseeing quality control, dealing with all of the regulatory crap, a little selling, a little purchasing/sourcing, overseeing the plant manager, production staff, shipping staff, etc... to ensure that we doing things correctly and efficiently, and explaining to some of our salesmen that just because I have a degree in chemistry and have almost 15 years of experience I do not know everything.

Ultimately, I'm a catch all. The owner seems to want me involved in every little aspect of what we do. It is highly stressful, and I would have quit long ago ( I did twice, but only for an hour) , but he pays me well so I endure all the crap I have to put up with.