list the weirder things that you have eaten

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

list all the things that you have eaten that are generally considered wierd or gross by the average person, including animals, bugs, or specific organs

ill start

ive had all sorts of critters including possum, coon, squirrel, groundhog, dog, nutria, frog, turtle, snake, all manner of fish, including live shad, cockroaches, cicayda, crikets, grasshoppers, millworms, and the weirdest was goat pecker (at frightmare manner and they gave me 35 for doing it)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

i was hungry

and it was another challenge at that frightmare manor place and i was with a couple buddies who were both bragging that they would do better than me and if you completed all three challenges you got your 35 back

Guest Bronker

Bear. Calf fries. Chittlings. Copperhead snake. Squirrel and pig brains. Sheep tongue.

Crow...but that was actually after I talked smack at a UT game :(

With a list that includes goatpecker--you're put off by cockroaches??? I knew you were a little off. Anyone who'd buy a Taurus is nuts. Oh...wait..that's me. Never mind.:D

lol good point! But I'm sorry, cockroach is way worse than goatpecker.

....and how did possum taste?

I've had possum. It tastes sort of like groundhog but the whistlepig is better. A big diff is, groundhog is very lean, but possum is fat. It's like fat marbled with meat instead of the other way around.

I've eaten quite a bit of carp; it's quite good and you can deal with the bones by mincing up fillets and making carp patties. Odd that pontiac mentioned live shad, as I tried a shad minnow once night fishing, looked so much like a sardine. Have eaten shad roe. Both softshell and snapping turtle, both GREAT.

Guess oddest thing was half a chihuahua. In Mexico. With an indio. In the state of what else, Chihuahua.

Oh yeah, and mountain oysters.

- OS

Goat dick and bull balls. This thread delivers!

What it delivers is unsure at the moment :D

Edit; I'm trying my darnedest to come up with something I've eaten that is taboo... maybe that flea market hamburger but that doesn't really fit into the topic, really.

Edited by strickj
tell us more about the chihuahua mac....how was it?..

Not bad at all. Sort of gamey like giant rabbit or squirrel best I remember. I didn't know what it was first piece, since the Indian's Spanish was actually worse than mine, then finally caught on. So we ate it all, and beer and a bottle of Tequila from moi. On a bus in the middle of the night, going south to Mexico City. He had recently turned 18 and this was his big coming of age trip down to the big city, his mom had fixed the food basket for him. They raised them to eat, but only various Indian clans did, even the poorest Mexicans didn't eat dog. 1966; a coming of age trip for me too, actually.

- OS

Guest pontiac_fiero_g
wow, you ate a cockroach for $35.....momma must be proud. Sorry dude but that is beyond nasty. You might as well have flushed a turd out of a porta potty and ate that.

and how did possum taste?

it was at a haunted house in talbot this past october and the deal was there were three haunted houses you went to and if you could compete three chalenges you got your money back and me and a couple buddies went through and decided we would compete against each other and the first round was 3 shad about 5-6inches long and 4 inches of goat penis head and all, second was 6 madagascar hissing cockroaches, and the third was an 8oz cup of habanero sauce with millworms mixed in

and possum is greasy and not anywhere near my favorite but im glad i know its an option as it is a pretty high calorie food

Guest Sgt. Joe
I once ate a McDonald's McRib. Seriously this thread is making me feel mighty mighty wussy.

Now those things were seriously gross:puke:

Lizards for me, the ones that crawl all over Florida, And Live of course.:)

Wrap them up in piece of bread like a hot dog with a couple of drops of hot sauce and bite the little critter's head off and eat him all gone.....No bread? No hot sauce?.....No problem:) just drop them in and eat them all in one bite.

Why you say?....Because they are full of protein of course:D

But more so because it was always worth at least 50 bucks at the bar every time. One night I got a little over 300 bucks from a collection of drunks who were certain that I would not do it even after my bud warned them that I would.

:poop::drool:;) Over the free money of course. I probably made near two grand over the years that way. As plentiful as those little buggers were down there at times it was much easier to find someone to take the bet than it was to find a lizard.:)

And I'll do it again too should any of you care to pay to see it but it is 100 bucks minimum now though......Inflation ya know?;)

Dog in Chile - they killed the family pet for for an honored guest, me....

Little yapper dog or something bigger?

The history of dog cuisine seem to be divided between two schools of thought:

- little dogs like chihuahua, since they're pretty much ready to eat after weaning, won't get much bigger

- bigger dogs like the Chow where you invest some feed to get a heavier product for up to a year or so, sort of like cattle.

- OS

Guest Tiny G

Cat, ground up and put in empanadas and cow intestines . . grilled and covered in salt and lime juice.

Both as a Missionary in Argentina and being fed by locals.

Guest BEARMAN

Y'all got me beat, for sure. I've eat Rattlesnake, Turtle, frog legs, crawdads, Alligator, bear, wild boar, elk, moose, codfish tounge, and the usual wild game table fare such as rabbit, squirrl and groundhog.

I'll refrain for now, on chitlin's and possum innards...btw, how y'all like 'em; hand slung, stump whipped, or dog pulled and creek washed??? :lol:

Guest mosinon
I've had possum. It tastes sort of like groundhog but the whistlepig is better. A big diff is, groundhog is very lean, but possum is fat. It's like fat marbled with meat instead of the other way around.

I've eaten quite a bit of carp; it's quite good and you can deal with the bones by mincing up fillets and making carp patties. Odd that pontiac mentioned live shad, as I tried a shad minnow once night fishing, looked so much like a sardine. Have eaten shad roe. Both softshell and snapping turtle, both GREAT.

Guess oddest thing was half a chihuahua. In Mexico. With an indio. In the state of what else, Chihuahua.

Oh yeah, and mountain oysters.

- OS

I call BS on this. You could eat a whole chihuahua at least.

Baloot.... in PI. a fertilized duck egg, some kind of crap poured in and sealed back up, them buried in the ground for 2 weeks while it fermints, then dug up ,heated and ate. Sure would sober a sailor up for the ride back to the ship. Kind of stunk, a lot !!!