Battle: Los Angeles - Must See Movie!

strickj

:)

For years, there have been documented cases of UFO sightings around the world - Buenos Aires, Seoul, France, Germany, China. But in 2011, what were once just sightings will become a terrifying reality when Earth is attacked by unknown forces. As people everywhere watch the world's great cities fall, Los Angeles becomes the last stand for mankind in a battle no one expected. It's up to a Marine staff sergeant (Aaron Eckhart) and his new platoon to draw a line in the sand as they take on an enemy unlike any they've ever encountered before.
The film's premise is inspired by the 1942 Battle of Los Angeles incident (sometimes called the "Great Los Angeles Air Raid of 1942") in which a presumed enemy attack, later deemed a "false alarm," led to an hour-long anti-aircraft artillery bombardment over the city of Los Angeles. The film is set in modern day Los Angeles and follows a platoon of Marines and Airmen during a global alien invasion

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience, it will come.......

I dunno...look at the trouble Godzilla had finishing off Tokyo. Them little plastic people and vehicles kept putiing it back up faster than he could stomp it flat.

Besides... the Gubenator will save LA.

Edited by hipower
I am a huge fan of movies that involve LA being destroyed in epic ways.

Her ya go then: The Last Warrior - Hulu :)

Typical Dolph Lundgren fare, and one I haven't been able to get all the way through, but it might just give you a grin or two.

As for Battle: Los Angeles, it looks like it'll be "V" + "Independence Day" with a little "District 9" thrown in for good measure.

Still, I'll probably watch it when it either comes to cable, or I see it on DVD for cheap.

I dunno...look at the trouble Godzilla had finishing off Tokyo. Them little plastic people and vehicles kept putiing it back up faster than he could stomp it flat.

Besides... the Gubenator will save LA.

Yeah but those damn Japs were resilient. LA residence are Gang Bangers, yuppies and illegials...They'll all just run.

• 1 year later...
Guest Victor9er

So this is a bit of an old dead thread but I just watched this movie on TV last night for the first time and I must say.... It was much better than what I was expecting. I have to admit back when this first came out the previews didn't do anything for me. Once I flipped it on though last night I found myself glued to the TV lol.

Did anyone else enjoy this movie?

So this is a bit of an old dead thread but I just watched this movie on TV last night for the first time and I must say.... It was much better than what I was expecting. I have to admit back when this first came out the previews didn't do anything for me. Once I flipped it on though last night I found myself glued to the TV lol.

Did anyone else enjoy this movie?

In a word...no.

I love good sf. Too bad this wasn't one.

Guest Scramasax

Semper Fi... I cann't get enough of it. Not a great movie but a very good one. For those without the experience, noncoms are who keep he spear sharp and pointed in the right direction.

Simple plot, simple charactors, Hard charging. Just like a good Marine. Oh, and the airforce shows thier strength as well.

Cheers,

ts

Guest Victor9er

Semper Fi... I cann't get enough of it. Not a great movie but a very good one. For those without the experience, noncoms are who keep he spear sharp and pointed in the right direction.

Simple plot, simple charactors, Hard charging. Just like a good Marine. Oh, and the airforce shows thier strength as well.

Cheers,

ts

Those were my feelings as well. Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting much goin in that I was surprised to find that I actually liked it. Not every movie has to be some super complex mind-twisting plot with a couple of WTFs thrown in. For what it was, which is a non-stop action movie, I thought it was really good.