Verizon vs. Sprint

Guest bhiers

Guest bhiers

I currently have Verizon and my cell phone contract is up Im thinking about switching to sprint.Verizon is just getting to expensive.Anyone here have experience with sprint?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny you think Verizon is too high. A sales rep at work has Sprint and was asking me about my Verizon bill as his Sprint bill was too high, LOL

I guess it is all about what services you pay for. I get 450 anytime minutes, 250 texts, unlimited data usage, and insurance for about 90 bucks. Verizon also gives me free nights and weekends and free calls always to other verizon customers.

Guest bhiers

My wife and are on Verizon family plan 1500 minutes,we both have unlimited text,family and friends package,with no data plan at all ours is about 120 a month,We can get Sprint unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, and anytime 1500 minutes for about 130.Just not too sure about sprint coverage around Nashville Smyrna Murfreesboro area

My wife and are on Verizon family plan 1500 minutes,we both have unlimited text,family and friends package,with no data plan at all ours is about 120 a month,We can get Sprint unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, and anytime 1500 minutes for about 130.Just not too sure about sprint coverage around Nashville Smyrna Murfreesboro area

I’ve had both. Sprint was a few years ago and their coverage was horrible. Sprint users where I work now have to walk outside to get a signal. I’ve not had any issues with Verizon coverage anywhere.

None of them will do anything to keep their customers but will bend over backwards to get new ones. I wanted to switch to someone else this time, but the wife said no because the rest of our family is on Verizon and it doesn’t use her minutes to call them.

Guest Lester Weevils

I had a falling out with Sprint over a roaming charge a few years ago. So I went web searching for a decent carrier. Most user reviews on all the carriers were nothing but horror stories at that time. Maybe it is different now.

I wasn't too upset about the price or coverage of my Sprint, except I was mad at em over one bill. From the reviews of other carriers at that time, it looked like moving to another carrier wouldn't give me any better customer service and the coverage could possibly be worse than sprint. So I just stayed with sprint.

Coverage probably depends on where you live and where you go. I get coverage where I live and where I usually go, even on places I've gone on vacation.

Maybe some other service is kinder, gentler, faster and cheaper. Dunno.

I know it isn't one of your choices, but I wouldn't switch to AT&T. We had Verizon at work, and it was great service. We switched to AT&T due to cheaper cost, and the service is nowhere near as good as Verizon. I guess it is the same with all things; you get what you pay for.

It's been my experience, if you live in a Metro area, Sprint, AT&T, may be ok. Leave

the city limits....Verizon is about the only one that gets reception.

Personally, I wouldn't P on AT&Ts butt if their insides were on fire. JMHO

Guest Oaklands
It's been my experience, if you live in a Metro area, Sprint, AT&T, may be ok. Leave

the city limits....Verizon is about the only one that gets reception.

Personally, I wouldn't P on AT&Ts butt if their insides were on fire. JMHO

Amen brother!!

If money is a big issue you can switch but the coverage is nowhere near as good. I echo what others have said that once you leave the city, it drops off exponentially. I have the same plan Mike.357 described, it's hard to beat for the coverage yu get.

All the AT&T hate makes me laugh. I have traveled all over the country and my phone has always gotten better reception then my coworkers with verizon. And that's in urban and rural areas.

I used to have version, had nothing but problems with them. I dumped them and went to Cingular, now AT&T and have never had a single issue since.

I can't wait 'till AT&T buys T-mobile and really puts a hurting on verizon. Verizon had the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with and they can rot in hell for all I care.

If price is what you're looking at, then check out some of the "pre-paid" providers. Every one uses the network from the big names.

Boost uses Sprint\Nextel. The two from Walmart uses AT&T and Verizon. You can even use an unlocked Iphone with the Walmart\AT&T plan. Most are around 30\month for unlimited everything, including web.

The are only two differences with these providers.

1) Customer service will be non-existent. This is a moot issue because you do not need to ever speak with anyone because your bill is always the same.

2) There is no "new every two" discounts. When you break this down, you actually come out cheaper. Way cheaper. I save about 80 dollars a month with my T-Mobile which translates to nearly 2 grand in 24 months. Verizon only offers a 1 clam discount every two years...

Yup, I'll buy a new phone every year out of pocket and take the ~1800 dollar savings and buy a new boat :)

Edit, The above is written by a hard-core Verizon customer for ~10 years or so. I left because I was tired of the 120 dollar phone bills. I wished I had known about the quality of the cheaper services sooner!

Edited by strickj

Old fogey here, I only use my cell phone as a phone, very little text

Started with Cingular (now ATT of course) 'cause they had best coverage in the county I did FedEx Ground in.

It's been fine all these years, I seem to get reception pretty much anywhere anybody else does I've ever been with.

450 min w/ rollover, I keep about a 3,000/month minute anytime minutes balance.

Weekends, evenings, ATT to ATT all free minutes. No free text or data though.

Bill is around $47/month, taxes and all.

Works fine for this old coot, dropped land lines years ago.

- OS

Been with Verizon for 13 years. No problems. Had a Quallcom phone for 5 years with a 2 year contract that gave me 900 minutes a month for $45. And ran on the same contract for another 4 years because I brought in another phone given to me when mine gave out. Worst thing I can say is that when I had to get a new phone, I was forced to get a new contract and give up the old rate/time plan. The current one is about like Mike.357's. And since I don't text, I really have no issues with Verizon.

I'm old also, not as old as OhShoot of course; but still pretty old.

I LOVE texting. Texting cuts out so much BSing and wasting time on calls. I can text a question and get a yes or no answer. I LOVE it... could not be without it. :)

Guest HCRoadie

I have been with Sprint for 11 years. Same number and all! I have the everything plan. $99/month and no extra charges for anything. That includes roaming, web usage, texting,picture mail, call any other phone provider...all of it. I travel a lot for work and coverage is coverage. At any given time one, out of the 20 or so of us that travel together, of us will or will not have service. What I am saying is, Sprint and At$T will work one day in one city, the next town Verison and T-Mobile will work, the next day everyone is fine, the next day nothing works. But it seems to be a wash at the end of a three month tour. Here in East Nashville, At&t seems to be the problem child

I'm old also, not as old as OhShoot of course; but still pretty old.

I LOVE texting. Texting cuts out so much BSing and wasting time on calls. I can text a question and get a yes or no answer. I LOVE it... could not be without it. :)

If you count "mileage" I'm like 113.

I actually don't have that much communication anymore to really justify the extra charge for texting, or I'd probably do more of it too. Hell, over last 20 years I've done a thousand times more emailing than phoning from landline or cell. I'd have to get a more text friendly device though -- I'm still on an old RAZR. Matter of fact, my original one died not long ago, or rather I finally killed it. Looking at the bewildering array of free ones I could get, seemed to me I might as well go all the way to Iphone or similar if I were really gonna expand my capabilities -- but decided to just stay with a "phone", so bought a RAZR off eBay; actually bought two, so I have backup in case I drop one in the bathtub again. ;)

- OS

Guest sigsbird

I am interested specifically in the Spencer area. I will have a little place there and I live out of state. It will be used about 4 to six weeks a year. Part of my problem is I need full service with email, web etc.I have to subscribe to full service but to cancel my current Sprint service and pick up the Verizon service is costly. If there is any possibility I can use Sprint, there are boosters available. I don't know how much it will help or just bite the bullet and get Verizon. I hate to have to spend the extra money but just might have to. My next issue is going to be a car. In about 5 monts, my lease will be over. I need a very comftorable ride (bad back)and good mileage.

I am interested specifically in the Spencer area. I will have a little place there and I live out of state. It will be used about 4 to six weeks a year. Part of my problem is I need full service with email, web etc.I have to subscribe to full service but to cancel my current Sprint service and pick up the Verizon service is costly. If there is any possibility I can use Sprint, there are boosters available. I don't know how much it will help or just bite the bullet and get Verizon. I hate to have to spend the extra money but just might have to. My next issue is going to be a car. In about 5 monts, my lease will be over. I need a very comftorable ride (bad back)and good mileage.

You will get decent service in the Spencer area with both. I have a verizon and it works almost everywhere in Van Buren county but there are several dead spots. if you dont want to cancel your service I would just get a booster, they work great, both home and in-vehicle.