Armadillos ?

I saw an armadillo, road kill on hwy 411 in Polk Co. This was 5/8/11, anybody else seen any in this area. I've seen plenty of them in lower Al., but this was a first in TN. Just wondering if they are moving this way or if that "armored 'opossum" was blown in with the storms.:P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns:_________

RE: This:

. Just wondering if they are moving this way or if that "armored 'opossum" was blown in with the storms.:P ...

Im like you. I think a tornado blew him up here.

Keep up the good work!!.

leroy

In the last month I have seen at least 10 roadkill in Williamson county. Haven't seen a live one yet.

According to Willie Nelson in Barbarosa they were good eating. LOL:D

Edited by zgunbear
99% of the Armadillos I've seen were roadkill.

And roadkill is legal to eat, thanks to the astounding wisdom of our state legislature.

Mind the leprosy, though, cook thoroughly and don't eat the brains.

- OS

I'm still trying to choke down all these free Cicadas

Big dutch oven full of armadillo and cicadas, slow cooked, add dandelion greens. clover, and wild onions for last hour or so.

Yummm. Bet all them Hoover Hog consumers during the Depression would have given it 5 stars.

- OS

Big dutch oven full of armadillo and cicadas, slow cooked, add dandelion greens. clover, and wild onions for last hour or so.

Yummm. Bet all them Hoover Hog consumers during the Depression would have given it 5 stars.

- OS

I don't think there's enough TP at Sam's to finish up that meal. :P

A road kill 'dillo was found here in Cleveland last year, over by 5 Points for those who know the area. On my way back from Texas at the end of April I saw several/ a lot of road kill 'dillos North of Fort Payne, AL on I-59. They are coming folks.

Guest nicemac
In the last month I have seen at least 10 roadkill in Williamson county. Haven't seen a live one yet.

According to Willie Nelson in Barbarosa they were good eating. LOL:D

+1 in Williamson County

Guest Broomhead

A year or so ago I saw one of the roadkill variety on Charlotte Pike in Nashville, near the new(ish) strip mall. Saw an article, don't remember where, that said they are starting to move north due to an increase in the climate temperature. Must have been written by Gore, though, it was blaming "Global Warming".

I was pretty sure I saw 1 one the side of the road by Turkey Creek. When I drove by later that day, someone had come and cleaned it up. Until this post I was sure that there was no way it was a dillo. I saw a lot of them in north Atlanta when i live there.