• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeeroyNWH

I carry a crossbreed supertuck for my 1911, and had one for my G19. After breaking it in, you wont even know its there, even while sitting down or in a vehicle

Sent from my Droid

Here is another recommendation for the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have carried a full size XDm 40 for the past year with no issues at all and like others say I sometimes forget I am carrying anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Guest HunterDude

I just recieved my Kholster yesterday for my sr9c. Havent got to wear it but a few hours but it seems very comfortable so far. After you kinda get used to it you pretty much forget your wearing it. I have a coupon code if you or anyone else are interested.

Guest Red5

MTAC is the only IWB I have ever worn. So long as you have an extra inch or so in the waist of your pants, it is very comfortable.

if your pants are too tight to begin with any IWB holster is going to feel awful. Buy pants a little big and it feels fine. I dunno if the particular holster even matters.

Yep, simple physics demands that even with the slimmest heaters there's more than an inch added to your waistline that wasn't there before.

- OS

Guest tenn

I use Dale Fricke holsters. By far the best kept secret in carry gear. The kydex is thicker and heavier duty than other holsters. Plus, they are a one time investment because they have a lifetime warranty.

The Arch Angel is my personal favorite.

Dale can also make anything else you want.

Dale Fricke Holsters

This is the Arch Angel holster.

archangel2.jpg

Guest Oaklands

I have both the Supertuck and a MTAC. I prefer the MTAC from Comp-Tac for a couple of reasons:

1. You can order extra bodies to carry other guns. This is much cheaper than buying multiple holsters. You cannot do that with a Crossbreed.
  2. I like the kydex clips better. I have gotten my metal ones on the Supertuck and they get bent out of shape.

Both are very comfortable, but I will give the MTAC the edge due to the 2 reasons above.

Guest BungieCord

Another vote for the MTAC. And my cool weather EDC is a G38, 2.13 lbs, 9+1. Can't say it disappears but the MTAC is plenty comfortable for all-day wear.

OK don't laugh...but I like my Uncle Mikes soft holster. It's cheap and you can't reholster it but it's very comfortable and it has worked well. I bought it to hold me over until I bought a good holster but I kind a like the thing. I figure I won't need to reholster my Glock 'cause the police will take it as evidence if I ever have to draw it.

The Uncle Mikes I bought for my snubby does not work. The snubby will fall out too easily.

Here is another recommendation for the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have carried a full size XDm 40 for the past year with no issues at all and like others say I sometimes forget I am carrying anything.

Thanks for posting this, Slasher. I have the full size XDm 40 as well. Been scratching

my head for quite a while on which IWB would be best with this gun. Everybody has

their own opinion based on their experience, setup, etc. The XDm isn't a small gun.

Of course opinions are like... well, you know. LOL. Since the Crossbreed has worked

well for you I may give it a go. Have any idea what their ship time is now?

Thanks for posting this, Slasher. I have the full size XDm 40 as well. Been scratching

my head for quite a while on which IWB would be best with this gun. Everybody has

their own opinion based on their experience, setup, etc. The XDm isn't a small gun.

Of course opinions are like... well, you know. LOL. Since the Crossbreed has worked

well for you I may give it a go. Have any idea what their ship time is now?

I was checking on one for a G19 a month our so ago and the wait time was about 6 weeks. I ended up finding one on ebay for a little cheaper and no wait time. As for hiding a XDm I am not a small guy for what it's worth, 6'4" and around 275 but I think the Crossbreeds are great. Good luck.

IWB can be comfortable if done correctly. I have a couple of Don Hume leather 715 series holsters, inexpensive but works well for my G22 and G20. I do like a t-shirt/under shirt between me and the gun.

Also have a Galco Titan kydex for the G22, it has a slightly bigger footprint than the Hume.

I went through at least a dozen holsters before I bought my Bladetech IWB kydex holster. I wish I had started with it. I wear it daily now and once you get used to it, you have no clue it is there.

Cost me $20 from CTD and I swear by it.