My First Harley

Well it's not gun related, but I know we have quite a few riders here, so I thought I'd share this. Went up to Union City yesterday with my MC and got my new to me Harley.

It's a 2000 Road King with only 19k miles. I don't think the guy hardly ever rode it. It's immaculate. Very excited about it and I'm loving the comfort if it.

a6cd0c68-eb92-a1e9.jpg

a6cd0c68-eba6-3a9f.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

like spare parts or an on call mechanic, perhaps?

:D

Lol I knew someone would bust out a joke eventually. All I'll say is this, I ride ALOT, to alot of different places and with alot of different people, 95% have Harleys and they are always on the road. Guess it's no difference than the gun wars though. Some people like what they like and won't be told otherwise, even if they haven't really experienced it. Alot of Harley hatred is simply second hand info. I spent my time on a metric bike, and the bike was good to me, but as soon as I fired up that Road King yesterday I knew I made a good decision.

Congrates Nothing like a Harley. I go back to a 50 panhead in the 70's. Streched out hardtail with extended girder front end and the othe goodies of the era, nothing like twisting the throttle on a Harley or hearing "hit a lick a idle" I wished I had kept just for the memories

I loves me a Road King. Rented one out in San Diego 7 or 8 years ago and put over 300 easy miles on it in one day. Great, great ride. When the time comes that Wide Glide collecting dust in the garage will be dispensed of for one.

Congrats, nice bike, you should of went across the street to L & A Firearms. Its owned by the same people and has a real nice selection and good prices.

Yea I'll have to check them out next time I'm up there. One big purchase was enough yesterday lol

Now's the time to get one before they move over seas completely....if you want to say it was assembled in the USA anyway.

Not to derail, but anyone know where they plan to move to? I vote they move to Vietnam and change the name to Charley-Davidson.

Congrats on the Road King! Is it stock? Stage 1? Built? Is it carb'ed or EFI? If you ride "easy" (no jack rabbit starts, or WOT blazzing) you should be pleasantly surprised at your MPG. When I long haul (800 mile days) on my 01 FX Springer I average in the high 40's.

Congrats on the Road King! Is it stock? Stage 1? Built? Is it carb'ed or EFI? If you ride "easy" (no jack rabbit starts, or WOT blazzing) you should be pleasantly surprised at your MPG. When I long haul (800 mile days) on my 01 FX Springer I average in the high 40's.

Stock EFI. Got a few accessory upgrades like floorboards, pegs, etc. I'm adding Vance and Hines slip ons next week and probably a Sundowner seat soon. I'm a pretty easy going rider so I should get decent mpg. I don't like dogging my stuff out. Especially something that I want to keep for awhile.

Stock EFI. Got a few accessory upgrades like floorboards, pegs, etc. I'm adding Vance and Hines slip ons next week and probably a Sundowner seat soon. I'm a pretty easy going rider so I should get decent mpg. I don't like dogging my stuff out. Especially something that I want to keep for awhile.

While I love my stock seat on my Springer (I was riding a 73 Ironhead with the classic skinny king/queen seat, so ANY thing is more comfortable) try to sit on a few different seat before you buy the Sundowner. You may also might want to check out Mustang seats. I put one on the wifes Sporty and really liked it.