Attempted Ft. Hood attack

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/28/exclusive-us-military-serviceman-arrested-in-second-alleged-attack-on-ft-hood/

These kind of attacks are not going away anytime soon. So what is the military's answer?

Allow service members the ability to defend themselves? Of course not.

The answer is to make it more difficult for service members to have legally owned weapons on base. (Even though that would have done nothing to prevent these style of attacks)

On top of that they're training service members to do the following in case they find themselves in an "active shooter" situation;

A. Run away

B. If not able to run away, hide

C. If found, throw things at the shooter

D. If all else fails, then try to disable the shooter.

Genius, pure f'ing genius.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Ok, poor phrasing. Had judt seen the video of Nasir praying. How about this...Muslims in any unit, active or otherwise?

So who should we allow into the military? White Christians?

Yes.

Of course that's a sarcastic awnser. But I personally believe that a member of a faith that espouses the death of all who do not worship in their way can and should be killed by any and all means, should not be in our military And yes, I'll take your flack for it. That's my belief and it will not change.

Yes.

Of course that's a sarcastic awnser. But I personally believe that a member of a faith that espouses the death of all who do not worship in their way can and should be killed by any and all means, should not be in our military And yes, I'll take your flack for it. That's my belief and it will not change.

I agree wholeheartedly! It's time to dispense with all political correctness, and insert some common sense. Id not only prvent them from being in the military, police, Homeland Security, etc, but I'd also, deport them. It's high time that we consider this farce of separation of church and state to have run its course. There's something wrong when you allow a group of people who are completely unlike our own population to come here and then change our country. Whether its the Latinos from south of the border or the Muslims from wherever, its an attempt to takeover the country and in my eyes, no less than an armed invasion.

Guest bkelm18
Yes.

No flack intended. I was just insuring your reply was as bigoted as I took it to be. :D I guess the old saying is true: "All men are created equal, some are just more equal than others." Who needs that pesky 1st Amendment anyway.

I agree wholeheartedly! It's time to dispense with all political correctness, and insert some common sense. Id not only prvent them from being in the military, police, Homeland Security, etc, but I'd also, deport them. It's high time that we consider this farce of separation of church and state to have run its course. There's something wrong when you allow a group of people who are completely unlike our own population to come here and then change our country. Whether its the Latinos from south of the border or the Muslims from wherever, its an attempt to takeover the country and in my eyes, no less than an armed invasion.

The day that this country establishes a state sponsored religion (which is essentially what you are advocating but will never happen) is the day that liberty ends.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest GunTroll

I will also wear the bigot badge if its the only alternative to being PC.

They have no place in our military. Are Muslims bad as a whole? No. But if one F*****G MUSLIM shoe bomber makes us all have to take our shoes off to get on a plane for the rest of existence, it appears.....one bad MUSLIM in military clothing (Hasan) should make all Muslims be banned *from service* until the end of time as well.

To follow the perceived current Homeland security protocol, it would appear that we are re-active instead of pro-active. One shoe is made into a bomb...all shoes get inspected. One underwear bomb is used...we all get groped. So why when one MUSLIM soldier shoots up a bunch of soldiers....we turn a blind eye because religion is off of the table as far as security is concerned. Being PC is more important than soldiers lives here at home when they are "resting" from combat theaters.

Am I a bigot? I guess so.

*ETA*

Edited by GunTroll
Guest bkelm18

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -Benjamin Franklin

• Admin Team

Seriously, y'all?

I saw the first response to Brooks' post yesterday, and knew that we were going to wind up here. I thought it might take a little longer than it did. But, nonetheless I'm closing this thread to keep a bunch of you from saying things that, even if you do actually believe them, you really ought to keep them to yourself and spend some time really thinking about the outcomes of your "logic".

There is certainly some truth to the fact that a lot of the conversation surrounding Islam today is being hijacked by a very small percentage of "believers". It's not that most Muslims are good or bad, it's that most are just like you - they don't really care that much, because they don't see how it affects them right now. Thus, the radicals are getting all the spotlight, and that gets the press. Don't delude yourself into thinking however, that all Muslims are somehow evil. The Westboro Baptist Church professes to be "Christian" and speak the "truth". Do they speak for you? They don't speak for me. I don't want to be painted with that brush, and expect you don't either.

As to separation of church and state, it goes both ways. We all say that it's a good thing to keep "religion" out of government. But the reverse is also true. It's to keep the government out of your "religion". There's a difference between these two points, and it's worth spending some time thinking about. I'm a Christian, but I'm all for banning public prayer in schools. Not because I'm against prayer in school, but because I don't want the government dictating what/how my kids pray.

When you start demanding that everyone do like you, and conform to your standards, you're sowing the seeds of your own demise. Because someday, you're going to be the one who's different. And where will you be then?

• Admin Team

A lot of you who have flags, patriotic emblems and other nationalistic symbols or quotes in your avatars really ought to think about what your America stands for.

For those of you with religious icons in your avatar, possibly with some patriotic flair, you might actually go back to the question of "who is my neighbor?' Is that a Sunday morning platitude, or should it actually define how we live our lives?

America is still a "city on a hill" to the rest of the world. We were founded on the principle that ALL men are created equal. We've fought a war about it. We've struggled with it for our entire existence. We've had some dark times, and made some mistakes. Yet, this single principle defines more than anything else our existence. That red, yellow, black or white you can come to these shores and become an American.

We're bigger than this.

• Admin Team

I'm going to open this thread back up with a caveat.

Here's the deal. If you are going to participate in this thread, then you need to back up your position in your post. No exceptions. Anything else will be deleted.

It's Friday. If we're going to open a can of worms, then we're going to eat the whole thing...

BTW...I'll obviously be participating as both a moderator and a user. I know that some of you are somehow offended by that. If you're one of them, you've been forewarned.

Edited by MacGyver
Guest Victor9er
AWOL Soldier Arrested in What Police Say Was New Fort Hood Terror Plot - FoxNews.com

These kind of attacks are not going away anytime soon. So what is the military's answer?

Allow service members the ability to defend themselves? Of course not.

The answer is to make it more difficult for service members to have legally owned weapons on base. (Even though that would have done nothing to prevent these style of attacks)

On top of that they're training service members to do the following in case they find themselves in an "active shooter" situation;

A. Run away

B. If not able to run away, hide

C. If found, throw things at the shooter

D. If all else fails, then try to disable the shooter.

Genius, pure f'ing genius.

I'm not sure how any of that would have helped in this particular case. According to the article the guy was making bombs, not planning on a shooting spree. To top it off the target wasn't the base itself, but a nearby restraunt that many of the soldiers frequent. It would have been a surprise explosion while they were having lunch or something. I don't see how having weapons on them would have made any difference...

Also, it said he was using bomb instructions off of a Taliban website, targeted a local restraunt off base, and buying supplies from a local gun store. The fact that he had enlisted is moot, as he was currently AWOL, there's nothing he did that any regular "Joe Civillian" couldn't have done.

Edited by Victor9er
Seriously, y'all?

I saw the first response to Brooks' post yesterday, and knew that we were going to wind up here. I thought it might take a little longer than it did. But, nonetheless I'm closing this thread to keep a bunch of you from saying things that, even if you do actually believe them, you really ought to keep them to yourself and spend some time really thinking about the outcomes of your "logic".

There is certainly some truth to the fact that a lot of the conversation surrounding Islam today is being hijacked by a very small percentage of "believers". It's not that most Muslims are good or bad, it's that most are just like you - they don't really care that much, because they don't see how it affects them right now. Thus, the radicals are getting all the spotlight, and that gets the press. Don't delude yourself into thinking however, that all Muslims are somehow evil. The Westboro Baptist Church professes to be "Christian" and speak the "truth". Do they speak for you? They don't speak for me. I don't want to be painted with that brush, and expect you don't either.

As to separation of church and state, it goes both ways. We all say that it's a good thing to keep "religion" out of government. But the reverse is also true. It's to keep the government out of your "religion". There's a difference between these two points, and it's worth spending some time thinking about. I'm a Christian, but I'm all for banning public prayer in schools. Not because I'm against prayer in school, but because I don't want the government dictating what/how my kids pray.

When you start demanding that everyone do like you, and conform to your standards, you're sowing the seeds of your own demise. Because someday, you're going to be the one who's different. And where will you be then?

A lot of you who have flags, patriotic emblems and other nationalistic symbols or quotes in your avatars really ought to think about what your America stands for.

For those of you with religious icons in your avatar, possibly with some patriotic flair, you might actually go back to the question of "who is my neighbor?' Is that a Sunday morning platitude, or should it actually define how we live our lives?

America is still a "city on a hill" to the rest of the world. We were founded on the principle that ALL men are created equal. We've fought a war about it. We've struggled with it for our entire existence. We've had some dark times, and made some mistakes. Yet, this single principle defines more than anything else our existence. That red, yellow, black or white you can come to these shores and become an American.

We're bigger than this.

I am SOOO hot for you right now...seriously...HUGE man crush... :)
Guest db99wj

What is the answer? The enemy's of the US are coming here, they are blending in, they are contributing to society, all the while they are planning on an attack against us on our own soil. This is a very tough and real problem.

The political correctness with Religion has gone too far in my opinion. You don't have to have the same beliefs as I do, but By GOD, don't tell me when, where, or how I can pray and exercise my religious beliefs, because I'm Christian.

Oh, and as long as their are tests in school, there will be prayers! :)

I'm not sure how any of that would have helped in this particular case. According to the article the guy was making bombs, not planning on a shooting spree. To top it off the target wasn't the base itself, but a nearby restraunt that many of the soldiers frequent. It would have been a surprise explosion while they were having lunch or something. I don't see how having weapons on them would have made any difference...

Also, it said he was using bomb instructions off of a Taliban website, targeted a local restraunt off base, and buying supplies from a local gun store. The fact that he had enlisted is moot, as he was currently AWOL, there's nothing he did that any regular "Joe Civillian" couldn't have done.

I made my post before his intent to bomb a restaurant became public. Also, his plan was to bomb the restaurant and then gun down any survivors as they emerged from the wreckage. If one were to survive the initial blast being armed yourself would be very important when confronting an armed assailant, wouldn't you think?

Of course irregardless of this individuals target the fact remains that the military's stance on active shooters is asinine and idiotic.

• Admin Team

Of course irregardless of this individuals target the fact remains that the military's stance on active shooters is asinine and idiotic.

Agreed in full. Of course, our military will hopefully always remain full of people like yourself who will likely put the good of his fellow soldier in front of his own and run towards the fire.