decisions

Guest tripp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a 3rd, if ain't broke don't fix it, I don't want to be someones guinea pig, and since the 4th gen is out and since you really can't hurt a Glock, find a clean used 3rd Gen one for around 400 to 450 depending on condition and accessories and save the bucks.

The Gen 3 G-22 feels better in my hand and I shoot it better than a Gen 2, but then I got a Gen 4 G-27 after using a Gen 2 for years and the Gen 4 is fantastic. For me I'll go Gen 4 on any further Glock's and I've been shooting Glock pistols since 1990, starting with a G-19.

Doesn't matter except for personal feel. If you don't like the dual recoil system several companies make a fitting that goes in the slide to reduce the recoil rod hole size thereby allowing you to use a single guide rod. Just to be slightly less "fiddly" I would go with a Gen 3. I'm not fond of the dual recoil system if the single recoil spring works fine. Less parts are better for me. I've currently got 2 Gen 3 19s and "had" a Gen 4. The one thing I really like about the Gen 4 is the mag release design.

Guest nysos

I have nothing against a gen3 g19, I have only shot a gen3 vs only held a gen4. I am perfectly comfortable with the gen3 grip so I may as well save money and buy a gen3 if I were to buy one.

Personally though, I am more of an m&p guy. :usa:

Guest Victor9er
I too like the Gen 4 grip and mag release better than the Gen 3.

+1

I own a gen 4 G19 and I also like the grip much better. The additional backstraps help in customizing your fit. The mag release is not to be overlooked either, it's much improved over the gen 3 model. You also get an extra magazine with the gen 4's as well. (3 mags vs 2 mags that come with the gen 3's) So considering that the gen 4 is only about $30 more than a gen 3, when you factor in that extra magazine which would normally run you about $30 anyway they really come out to the same price.

The "issues" that people were having when the gen 4 first came out was with the recoil spring. Those issues have been addressed and the new springs have corrected any problems, so the "guinea pig" stage is over.

I have a friend that has the gen 3 G34 (competition model 9mm) and he came out to the range to shoot with me not too long ago. He's much more experienced with guns than I am, and he was extremely impressed with my gen 4 G19, telling me that he felt it shot better than his G34 did. There was a small difference in recoil, and he felt the new recoil spring was an advantage to the G19.

I'm a new gun owner, and also a new shooter. Prior to buying my G19 I had only ever shot a handgun once before, and that was about 8 or 9 years ago. I know a lot of new shooters have problems with "limp wristing" and getting FTE with semi-autos, and the first time I had shot a handgun many years ago I experienced that as well. I'm proud to say that since I bought my G19 I've put over 300 rounds through it with no problems at all.

If I had to go back and do it over again, I'd still get the gen 4.

Edited by Victor9er

I have a Gen 3 G19 (my first gun and primary carry when it's not so hot outside), and a Gen 4 G17 (favorite range gun). I like the feel of the 4th Gen guns a little better and the larger mag release a lot better. I'm happy with my Gen 3 19, but if something happened to it I'd probably replace it with a Gen 4.

I've shot both and can't tell much difference between the two. Just setting around handling them I see and feel a difference. But when I'm shooting I am more focused on the sights than how the gun feels. Gen 3 or Gen 4? Not gonna go wrong with either one.

I think it comes down to your hand size. Similiar to what others have said I have small hands and prefer the gen4. Also like the tecture on the gen4, my gen3 22 gets slick when I sweat and I can't add a sleeve because the grip already feels too big and I can't stipple the grip because it's an issued weapon. So sum up I would go for the gen4.