Scenario: Civil unrest following the collapse of the US economy

Isn't that kinda like buying up all the bread when it snows?

:D Indeed.

Forget that silly gold thing. Everybody needs a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. I think I'll run out and buy some beer futures.:drama:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Indeed.

Forget that silly gold thing. Everybody needs a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. I think I'll run out and buy some beer futures.:drama:

Beer will expire, but I've told people for years, if you want a commodity to buy that NEVER goes bad....Cheap Vodka. Skol is one of the best(cheapest) Vodka is best because it can be multi-purpose. Several gallons put away will never go bad and never go down in value.

Wow............ In my 47 years now I have never seen such a thing! If it gets any worst this could get REAL ugly. So many of my immediate family have lost their jobs that it is no longer funny but a very serious situation.

Raoul, if the poo-poo flies up against the blades, I'll be up your way. You're thinking ahead of the curve:D

c'mon 6.8, you'd be most welcome. I have some housing scoped out we could easily take. Seasonal stuff mostly so inhabitants wouldn’t be an issue. We hillbillies always think this way.

The US government has been after us since 1789

what about that butt-kickin the ol' market recieved today...truly depressing(least for my account)...however im not so worried about economic collapse...most ppl I know are in a better job situation and half the country already had no savings or 401k to worry about so for them the market crashing is like describing paint drying...it has no bearing on them whether it was up or down. Don't think its even close to tinfoil-thirty.

Guest 6.8 AR
c'mon 6.8, you'd be most welcome. I have some housing scoped out we could easily take. Seasonal stuff mostly so inhabitants wouldnt be an issue. We hillbillies always think this way.

The US government has been after us since 1789

You're on, brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the bug out bag -- if you have an umbrella with you, it's less likely to rain . . . .

At some point it will be necessary to identify fellow zombie hunters in the neighborhood with an eye for mutual protection. Ten folk would be an anti-zombie squad, ten squads an anti-zombie company, ten companies an anti-zombie regiment. You know, swap recipes, play a little baseball, talk about the future.

The possibility of a severe economic depression or even a collapse of our economy is most certainly possible and frankly, a lot more probable than facing most of the "disasters" most people (who worry and prepare for such things) worry about.

I've been in the "financial" end of business for nearly 30 years and what I've seen recently truly concerns me...I'd like to think that there is still time to avert the disaster that is coming (if we don't change course) but I'm a little less hopeful of that with each passing day...that's why I've been preparing.

I'm not nearly as far along as I'd like to be but I'm in about 200% better shape than I was even a year ago...it's one of the reasons that much of my discretionary income has been going into things that are real...that will always have value. I think preparing for such things is simply the smart thing to do because everything I'm buying will eventually get used whether it's because of a disaster or simply "because". :)

Guest lostpass

Look, this prepping stuff is ridiculous. Get a thousand rounds of your favorite ammo, wait for WoW players to emerge pasty and white from their basements. Shoot said people and you've got meat. The cases and cases of mountain dew they have saved up will provide all the sugar and caffeine you'll desire.

Look, this prepping stuff is ridiculous. Get a thousand rounds of your favorite ammo, wait for WoW players to emerge pasty and white from their basements. Shoot said people and you've got meat. The cases and cases of mountain dew they have saved up will provide all the sugar and caffeine you'll desire.

Bahahaha!!!

1000 rounds? You cheap, or somethin'? :up:

I understand being prepared for bad situations. I applaud being prepared for bad situations. Being prepared turns an emergency into a minor inconvenience. What I can't for the life of me wrap my head around is where all of you think you are going to pack up and go when something bad happens. All my stuff is here. My friends and family are here. I am familiar with here. I stay put.

I understand being prepared for bad situations. I applaud being prepared for bad situations. Being prepared turns an emergency into a minor inconvenience. What I can't for the life of me wrap my head around is where all of you think you are going to pack up and go when something bad happens. All my stuff is here. My friends and family are here. I am familiar with here. I stay put.

Same here. It's great to talk about what you THINK you'd do, but most of it is just thinking. These threads remind me of when we do our disaster preparedness meetings at work. It's a room full of people with degrees, wearing expensive suits, talking about perfect scenarios. These people freak if the power goes out.

I'm not saying everyone here is useless, but the truth is you put some things in place and when the bottom drops out you just take action. It's that simple.

Guest bkelm18

For myself, I will stay put unless things really went south. My apartment is small and quite indefensible if it came to that. I do not foresee disaster on a national level, only regional or local disasters, so bugging out would simply mean bugging out to an uneffected area. In light of that, my BOB is not set up for wilderness survival but rather urban survival with supplies where I could camp out a night or two if necessary.