Serious hipoint question

Backon4

So I need another handgun like I need another bowl of ice cream but I was at the fun store earlier and they had some used c9's for $100. I am very tempted to go get one. This will not be any type of defense weapon just mainly a range/truck gun and to teach people basic safety and shooting. I mean it's a bill and I waste more than that in junk food in a month. I have read some really good reviews and I can't see how for $100 I could go wrong. So do I go buy one or do I use the money for something else?

Guest lostpass
So I need another handgun like I need another bowl of ice cream

Does that mean you need one badly?

Every high point I've shot goes boom whenever I pulled the trigger. So if you want a gun for fun I'd go for it.

Was just shooting my C9 and 995 yesterday.

They work on tin cans and bad guys 'bout like any other 9mm guns.

If I knew which day EOTWAWKI was scheduled, I'd stash 50 of each of them.

Having no idea of the condition of the used guns, worse case is about another $30 to send it in to HP for refurbish, although you're getting close to price of a new one at that.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Ever owned or shot one?

I've fired one and seen one "disassembled." I also was one of the founding members of the Ghetto Action Shooting Society (GASS) where the Hi-Point was selected to be the primary full size handgun, in addition to "any .22 or .25 caliber pistol valued at less than $100 which can be recklessly deployed from the elastic band of a pair of sweatpants."

It is a low quality design, designed solely to meet a specific, low-dollar price point. Pretending it is anything more is silly. By all means, if someone cannot afford to spend more than $100 on a gun, I'd rather see someone with a crappy gun than no gun. In the case of this thread, the OP is better off spending his $100 on literally anything else.

So, you've got other gun's already but want to drop a bill for a used C9 to toy around with a bit and see what its all about? Why not? Its all about what you want to do with your money and trying out a pistol your curious about is totally your business. Post your observations and opinion's later, I'd like to see what you have to say. I'm holding out for a used HP carbine at a "hurting for money" FTF deal. The same principle could later apply to a C9, I'll toy around with a pistol I'm curious about too, even if it's "dog ugly". :-)

buy it.. put a box of ammo downrange and if you hate it you can probably sell it back for $80 and lose $20 + $15 for ammo. it would be like goin to a range out of town and rentin it and payin fee for range use, 2 targets, box of ammo. either way you'll know if you like it and would ever do it again for 30-40 bucks loss. i've blown way more than that just to find out i'll never go to a restaurant again ya know

Going to go by and pick one up today after my Drs appointment. Think we are supposed to go shooting tomorrow. I've got about 1000 9mm reloads loaded up so no ammo cost. If I don't like it I will just put it up on here for sale or trade it for a something else.

I've got a HP 995 Planet of the Apes Model Carbine. It's the original "classic" stock, the TS models look a little better.

Contrary to popular belief, I have not be maimed or killed from an explosion of my pot-metal p-o-s HP

After tweaking the mag lips and running 100 rounds of FMJ through it during break-in, it has become a great plinker.

Shooting 25 - 50 yards, it makes me look like a pretty good shot.

Sitting around 1500 rounds now and no failures or malfunctions of any kind.

I don't like the trigger on the carbine or pistol. I wil probably completely disassemble the trigger assembly and polish the parts to see if it makes it any better.

You also have limited mag capacity.

10 rounds for both the carbine and pistol.

For the pistol, for the size and weight, there are many options for higher capacity pistol

I have seen postive reports on their warranty and customer service.

If you're looking for a in-expensive, solid full-size 9mm for range or truck use, I think it's worth $100.

If you hate it, you can probably post on Armslist and get your $100 back out of it.

I proabably would not buy the pistol, but have been intriqued by their new 4595, a .45acp carbine.

Guest Broomhead

Get it. For a C-note you can't go wrong. If you end up needing to send it in to the factory they will send you a new mag when they return it to offset the shipping costs. They have a No-Questions-Asked, Lifetime warranty, whether you are the first owner or the 10th. If you don't like it, you can easily recoup your money.

They have a No-Questions-Asked, Lifetime warranty, whether you are the first owner or the 10th. If you don't like it, you can easily recoup your money.

That's one of the thing's I'd noticed, then I kept finding people who owned them just because they were affordable, most of those people really loved the pistol.

I own one and even thugh it is ugly and heavy, it is the only gun I own that I have had no trouble with it at all. I bought it used and tried to abuse it and it kept going. I have put close to 3000 rounds down it and still goes boom every time. If you get it and don't like it I will give you your 100 back. I could use one for the work shop.

I recently just picked up a new c9 for my first pistol and I love it...sure I wouldn't want to carry it but it really is a great gun. Had mine for little over a week and put about 500 rounds through it and not a single FTF or FTE Well worth a bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk