Walmart SUCKS!

IggyBcool

So as I'm standing in front of the ammo display, an associate walks past me without even acknowledging me. Okay I think. So I turn to get him and he freaking disappears in to thin air. So I go back and wait a few minutes. Nothing. So i go on up to the car center and have someone page someone to sporting goods. They page. Okay sweet I think to myself as I'm walking back. I wait there another five minutes. Then another five minutes. So I go back and have them page again. I walk back, and wait another 5 freaking full minutes before someone finally shows up. A little punk kid talking to his other punk kid coworker walks up and asks what I need and so I tell him. He then asks for my I.D. and tells me hes got it and tells me to head on up to the counter. I get to the counter, hes still got the box in his hand, rings it up before I even get a chance to look at the box. The total comes up to what it should be so I think alright everything should be good. I get to my house and take it out of the box, and what do I see? Instead of getting the 100rd Winchester Value Pack, I get the 50rd JHP. Awesome.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the local Walmart front end phone # in my contact list.

If I need help, and no one shows up in about two minutes, I call them.

I get *really*fast* response that way. Half the time, the CS manager answers, and it embarrasses the $h!t out of them.

(and I agree with earlier post...check the content of your bags at the counter; as often as not, I manage to walk off without a item I paid for)

B.

Walmart does suck, and has since the old man died.

I suggest purchasing from another store. Academy's Monarch brand (store brand) ammo is typically made by Prvi Partisan.

A Mom and Pop shop could be more expensive, but you would be supporting a local store, that also might actually carry handguns...

I scored my hard to get Marlin 1894 in .357 from Wally and best local price on my first Mini14; I figure that covers a multitude of minor irritations there for a long time. ;)

Plus, really, if Wally ever quits selling ammo, most of us would be sorry to see that often poor, but at least extant service disappear.

- OS

The waiting game and customer service at the sporting good section is terrible at every Mart I've been in. I hate the parking lots too.

Way better than the parking lots at Academy though. At least that's what I hear.

I didn't see the box but while he was sticking it in the bag. It was right next to the other package and they looked identical.

Price aside, the size of the box as well as the weight should have been a clue.

It is your responsibility to verify the "young punk" grabbed what you wanted. I always verify what goes into the bag because I know we all make mistakes. If I don't verify and allow myself to get screwed it is my fault.

Dolomite

Guest dfsixstring
I scored my hard to get Marlin 1894 in .357 from Wally and best local price on my first Mini14; I figure that covers a multitude of minor irritations there for a long time. :P

Plus, really, if Wally ever quits selling ammo, most of us would be sorry to see that often poor, but at least extant service disappear.

- OS

Good luck if you ever want to sell those WM rifles. Most dealers won't touch them because they are serial numbered only for WM.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.283646,-86.781353

Good luck if you ever want to sell those WM rifles. Most dealers won't touch them because they are serial numbered only for WM....

Is this more of the "not the same quality gun that they give Walmart" urban firearms legend?

Btw, a dealer would be the absolute last place I'd try to sell a gun.

- OS

I friggin' hate Wal Mart. Can't stand the place. And I cuss myself all the way to the ammo cabinet and back to the car. The same box of ammo is $20 cheaper at Wal Mart than at Gander Mtn and I can barely find any bulk boxes of ball ammo anywhere else in town at all, much less for a decent price. Ammo is the ONLY thing I will buy at Wal Mart, and as soon as I can get the reloading dies for the last couple of calibers I regularly shoot, I won't buy anything from that place.

I find it particularly annoying that you are not allowed to even touch the box of ammo until it is paid for. One time the clerk was unable to comprehend my simple description "I would like to get a box of your Federal .223 in the 100 round bulk pack, please." After telling the guy where it was about half a dozen times, I reached towards the cabinet to point it out. Big mistake. That was met with an abrupt "Don't touch anything!" Um... :P

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
that's the funniest crap I have heard or read all day.

The "inferior" Marlins and Rugers at Wal-Mart are produced by Haitian slave labor in El Salvador from parts made in Pakistan.

Remington, Federal, and Winchester et al, make special runs to insert bum primers and random powder loads for the product stocked at Wally's.

I know this all to be true. And I used to have a pet TN black panther, so I should know.

- OS

Guest bkelm18
Good luck if you ever want to sell those WM rifles. Most dealers won't touch them because they are serial numbered only for WM.

Who sells guns to dealers? They rape you on the price anyway, regardless of where you bought it. Anyway, as OS said, urban myth.