Walking Dead Premiere

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered about the release. First season was short and released for halloween. They waited until the same time to release the second season. Hmm, that's a great marketing strategy. Release a new season, every year around Oct and wind it up quick as interest falls fast when christmas approaches. Save it up for next year. This could go on for a long time and not get old. Maybe I'm way off base???

If I missed the first season will I be totally lost picking up now?

Yeah, you kinda need to go back and watch the first 5 episodes before Sunday. One of the things that makes the series so good is the excellent character development and interpersonal dynamics.

Guest Victor9er
I wondered about the release. First season was short and released for halloween. They waited until the same time to release the second season. Hmm, that's a great marketing strategy. Release a new season, every year around Oct and wind it up quick as interest falls fast when christmas approaches. Save it up for next year. This could go on for a long time and not get old. Maybe I'm way off base???

Why not? It worked for Saw... all 20 of them....

So, is this the show with the little girl zombie in it? Or am I thinking of another zombie tv series?

Edited by Victor9er
Why not? It worked for Saw... all 20 of them....

So, is this the show with the little girl zombie in it? Or am I thinking of another zombie tv series?

Wait...there are Other zombie tv series'?

On topic: I very much look forward to this season and plan to watch Sunday-no rifle though, my wife already thinks I'm weird.

The first season was more of a 'half season'. I'm not sure if AMC just didn't want to invest in a full season in case it didn't catch on or what. From what I have read, the second season is supposed to be a full season with the 'normal' number of episodes for a season.

I'm pretty psyched for the new season to start. My wife, who generally doesn't like horror movies, has ended up being just about as hooked on this show as I am. She's keeps double-checking with me about when the new season starts. In fact, because of this show, I've gotten her to watch a couple of zombie movies (including the original 'Night of the Living Dead') with me.

Guest Victor9er
Wait...there are Other zombie tv series'?

I don't know that's why I was asking.... what got me wondering about it was I remember seeing the DVD for this show at the store several months back, and just a couple of days ago I saw another DVD set, with what looked like a different packaging. At first I thought Season 2 had come out, but since it said "Season 1" on it I started questioning what it was that I saw the first time around.....

Was it another Zombie show that I confused with this one?

Was it the same show with different packaging, and why the sudden change?

Am I just going completely bonkers and this is all in my head?... or is that what they want me to think?

:tinfoil:

Guest Victor9er
I don't know about packaging of the DVDs, but yes, Season 1 did have a little girl Zombie that had to be put down. Episode 1.

Ok, see I remember seeing her (the girl) at a convention signing autographs and on the most recent package for the DVD that I saw, her character (picture of) is featured on the back. I don't remember seeing that the first time around, but I could be mistaken.

That's probably where the confusion is coming from.... well, that or the mind control gas spewing from the airplanes...

:tinfoil: