Reason #237 why using a holster is a good idea.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will say it, so I might as well do it...

That's a Glock for you. If it had been a weapon with an external safety like a 1911 or a long DA first pull like a sig, he would still be alive and his kids would still have a daddy. When will people learn, Glocks can't be trust for concealed carry.

:shake:

• Administrator
Someone will say it, so I might as well do it...

That's a Glock for you. If it had been a weapon with an external safety like a 1911 or a long DA first pull like a sig, he would still be alive and his kids would still have a daddy. When will people learn, Glocks can't be trust for concealed carry.

:shake:

Wait... your aim is off a little. Here's a more accurate shot:

That's a moron for you. If the person had some common sense and a holster for his firearm, he would still be alive and his kids would still have a daddy. When will people learn that even guns with external safeties like a 1911 or a long DA first pull like a SIG or a Glock with three different internal safeties aren't designed to be used for concealed carry without a holster?

Wait... your aim is off a little. Here's a more accurate shot:

That's a moron for you. If the person had some common sense and a holster for his firearm, he would still be alive and his kids would still have a daddy. When will people learn that even guns with external safeties like a 1911 or a long DA first pull like a SIG or a Glock with three different internal safeties aren't designed to be used for concealed carry without a holster?

Yeah, I was totally kidding. I own none of the aforementioned mentioned guns, but it seems someone always has to throw that into these discussions. I just figured I would just go ahead and get that part out of the way.

I completely agree, the only solution to this is using a holster. I do feel sorry for the children in this story. Hopefully, others will learn, though I doubt it

A shame, and right at christmas to boot, the poor kids.

I have gone without a holster before, but only with DA+safety style guns. I cannot imagine doing it with a striker fired design and would probably question going cocked & locked that way.

I wouldn't carry anything cocked and locked no matter how many safeties without some kind of holster. I got a new 1911 last week and the first thing I did after shooting, of course, is buy a holster for it even though I don't plan on it being a carry gun.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

I hate sad stories like that...

Anyway, not to disparage Glocks because I have a G-26 and enjoy it. I carry my 1911's cocked and locked. I carry my G-26 in condition three for a reason. Reason being: Ever heard of "Murphy's Law"? I've gotten things hung up in the most unlikely places, it's scary. I don't have any statistics and can't prove it but, most the NG's I read about are striker fired pistols. Anyway, thousands of people safely carry their Glocks with no problem. I'm not taking the chance of being the .000001% that Murphy wrote that law for :D

Guest TresOsos

Like it or not Glocks and Glock type striker fired pistols are less forgiving of "brain farts" and "stupid".

That said safeties and long trigger pulls are not going to protect you from poor firearms handling practices.

This product should come with all Glock type guns! What a great idea

Sarcasm?

With the whole and string, is it intended to be carried around the neck? Looks stupid and useless to me, get a holster or leave it at home.

How about a user manual that says "if you pull the trigger it will shoot".

I was thinking of some very practical applications for this. Car, Boat, backpack, lanyard tied off on something. Men and women for any type of bag carry, I keep a few of the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk cheap cloth IWB holsters for toss around (like in glove box/console) but you need two hands to effectively deploy your firearm doing this. These would make one-handed deployment more feasible.