Road Rage involving Oak Ridge officers in Knoxville

Did anyone Really think anything would happen?

Oh I know something is going to happen. As soon as the DA makes his decision the ORPD Chief will make his. But one is not bound by the other. The DA will decide if he has evidence to get a criminal conviction; he does or he doesn’t. The ORPD Chief has to decide if the Officers did anything wrong; but he is not bound by criminal law.

I also know this thread is going to go wild when a decision is made; no matter which way it goes. :)

Has anyone from the press contacted the DA’s office to see if they have made a decision? Either they haven’t or he hasn’t made a decision yet.

I say we contact the DA to voice our opinions or at least ask about the investigation. The more interest in the investigation means they are more likely to follow the law. I do know that from speaking to the office that they are unwilling to prosecute crimes they are not interested in, even if a crime has been committed.

District Attorney General

Knoxville, TN (865) 215-2515

Calling can only show the DA we want the officers to be prosecuted in the same way a civillian would have been for the same crime. To often people forget as time goes on. And once a decision is made by the DA it is unlikely they will reverse their decision.

Dolomite

If you read the comments section, there is someone who claims that he has inside knowledge, but won't say what, but that everything is not as it appears in print.

Well of course we don’t know the whole story; we have one side. Our decisions would be easy if we based them on the story the guy told.

I want to know what the evidence supports. The DA can make the decision that the evidence in the case doesn’t warrant taking to trial. But unlike civilians, that doesn’t mean it is over for the Officers; they still have their department to deal with.

I really only have two questions. Who jumped out of the vehicle first, and if a gun was pulled did the Officers report it?

One thing I don’t understand is why this is taking so long. Unless a witness is out of town or something I can’t see the problem; this is not a big case.

Well as far as I have see with the new Chief there in Oak Ridge, he is a zero tolerance type guy.

That’s why I say it may not be over with the DA’s decision. The DA said there wasn’t sufficient evidence to charge the Canton, OH cop, but he was still fired.

Guest FroggyOne2

I have asked a couple of officers here in Oak Ridge, they have been mum about it.. saying that they haven't heard anything, one of them reacted like he had been accused of something.. smiles,, after he left, I mentioned that he might have been one of the guys.. he is one that I have never seen before.. but yet his name tag had a serving since as of 2007.

Guest NYCrulesU
Can't off duty police officers be charged with aggravated assault. Isn't that what I would be charged with.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

Sadly you would think the system would be fair and equal to all. Not so.

I have asked a couple of officers here in Oak Ridge, they have been mum about it.. saying that they haven't heard anything, one of them reacted like he had been accused of something.. smiles,, after he left, I mentioned that he might have been one of the guys.. he is one that I have never seen before.. but yet his name tag had a serving since as of 2007.

The rank & file won't say anything. I heard the law was laid down from on-high in no uncertain terms.

Cops gossip more than a bunch of old ladies; and their wives and girlfriends are even worse. If anything had happened and you talk to the right people you would know. Of course cops being afraid to say anything or a gag order coming from the high command does make a better internet story. :usa:

I’m sure if a local reporter walks in and asks; they will be told what happened. That makes me think either nothing has happened yet or they are waiting on a Grand Jury.

Cops gossip more than a bunch of old ladies; and their wives and girlfriends are even worse. If anything had happened and you talk to the right people you would know. Of course cops being afraid to say anything or a gag order coming from the high command does make a better internet story. :usa:

I’m sure if a local reporter walks in and asks; they will be told what happened. That makes me think either nothing has happened yet or they are waiting on a Grand Jury.

and you talk to the right people

I did. Someone in COR chain who reported that Chief Akagi "vowed to search out, and terminate" (on grounds of insubordination) any non-official source of info. It was a very serious threat. There have been 5-6 terminations in COR in the last few weeks.

But you are right. If Anderson or Knox County DA have forwarded it to Grand Jury, it would have been reported.

Edited by R_Bert