Daughters Fisrt Handgun

Guest drwright6

Guest drwright6

This Single Six was passed down from my Dad. My 9 year old wanted to try it out yesterday while we were at the range. After she put about 60 rounds down range she said "some day I would like this to be mine." I gave it to her when we got home. 2012-01-28124126.jpg[/img]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drwright6

I love the fact that she doesn't mind going with me. She passed her hunters education course this year so we picked up a Rossi Matched Pair. She now has pistol, shotgun and a rifle. She's not a bad shot and likes hanging out in the woods on the weekends. I'm a full time single Dad...just me and her 24/7 365 days a year. I'm very thankful she enjoys some of the same things I do.

First time I took my son to the range we picked out a Zombie Image target for him. He was shooting my Ruger SR22 and kept wanting to bring the target in so he could see if he "got him in the eye". Now that's a Kodak moment if you ask me.

Edited by Mykltn
Guest WingMan380

I remember the first time I took my son to the range, we had a blast (pardon the pun). I have a .38spl revolver that he just loves to shoot, I am thinking one day that will be handed down to him.

I love the fact that she doesn't mind going with me. She passed her hunters education course this year so we picked up a Rossi Matched Pair. She now has pistol, shotgun and a rifle. She's not a bad shot and likes hanging out in the woods on the weekends. I'm a full time single Dad...just me and her 24/7 365 days a year. I'm very thankful she enjoys some of the same things I do.

I have a 13 year old girl - I am a part-time dad (her mom has her most of the time). Your doing right by her, good job man! My daughter loves her .22 pistol. And OK Corral is a great place to shoot (just be careful of the splatter from the steel targets)!

Good for you. I started my daughter out with a Henry .22. Then a couple of years came home with a 10/22 after she shot it she said she loved it and wanted it. A few months later I bought me another one and gave her the first. The Henry will probably be hers also.