Godsmack is coming.....

Caster

Staind and Godsmack is coming, tickets went on sale the other day. Who's going?

Tickets were pretty reasonable. Wife got ours, good seats and a meet and greet pass after the show. I can't wait to meet Tony Rombola. It's nice to know someone understands that highly technical music isn't always wanted or needed. Sometimes the mood just demands a nice clean pounding of low E or drop D. :rolleyes:

BTW, where can I get a TGO T shirt. I'd love to post some pics of me wearing the TGO logo standing next to Sully!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't listened to Godsmack in a long time. Probably 6 years. I really liked "Bad Religion" and "Voodoo" of course. I haven't heard anything new if they have new stuff. Same with staind.

I've moved onto Country and 60s-80s Rock among other various genres/bands.

Metal man are you ? I still enjoy my Black Sabbath , Kiss , and a little Iron Maiden..........

Did you know that ALL of the original members of Sabbath have made their peace with one another and are now working on a new album? It's been 33 years!!!! Please pray for Tony Iommi has the early stages of lymphoma. I hate to sound like such a selfish SOB but I hope he's strong enough to tour. I mean come on!!! To be able to see the REAL Black Sabbath. Once in MY life time opportunity. Fingers crossed.

I haven't listened to Godsmack in a long time. Probably 6 years. I really liked "Bad Religion" and "Voodoo" of course. I haven't heard anything new if they have new stuff. Same with staind.

I've moved onto Country and 60s-80s Rock among other various genres/bands.

Where have you been?:rolleyes: Since their self titled debut album they have: Awake (2000), Faceless (2003), IV (2006) and The Oracle (2010)

Godsmack? I thought they had all OD'd

Oh good grief....:mad:

Didn't all of the original members of Sabbath play a short set at an Ozzfest a few years back? If so, that would make it a twice in a lifetime event.

They've played as a special event kind of thing several times in the last few years. The event I meant would be a bone fide return of Black Sabbath with a new album. New songs and a new tour.

Guest lostpass
They've played as a special event kind of thing several times in the last few years. The event I meant would be a bone fide return of Black Sabbath with a new album. New songs and a new tour.

I can imagine the new album:

One more for the paycheck

Kids, Get off My Lawn

Where Did I park My Car?

The Fury (Metamucil Song)

Power to the People (Building my house)

Farmers Market Drive Through

Some Words, Guitar Solo, More Words

All the Things We Were Pissed Off About 30 Years Ago Scare us Now

I Said Get off My Lawn, I'm Calling the Cops (reprise)

Guest dubaholic2

I for one do, and always have liked Godsmack. Back in high school the first date/outing I had with my now wife of almost 8 years, was a Godsmack concert. Our first anniversary was also a Godsmack concert. Not my favorite band by a long shot, but they do make good music. Congrats on the tickets, I'm sure it will be an awesome show.

Did you know that ALL of the original members of Sabbath have made their peace with one another and are now working on a new album? It's been 33 years!!!! Please pray for Tony Iommi has the early stages of lymphoma. I hate to sound like such a selfish SOB but I hope he's strong enough to tour. I mean come on!!! To be able to see the REAL Black Sabbath. Once in MY life time opportunity. Fingers crossed.

I caught Black Sabbath a few years ago at the Pyramid here in Memphis. One of the best show I have ever seen!

• 3 months later...

Well, meet and greet is BEFORE the show. Duh. Fixin' to leave in the next hour.

Can't get a TGO Tshirt so I'm breaking out one of my new Walking Dead tshirts.

Anyone else going tonight?

Edited by Caster
Guest Victor9er

Didn't all of the original members of Sabbath play a short set at an Ozzfest a few years back? If so, that would make it a twice in a lifetime event.

They did a reunion tour a couple of times. I think the last time they (w/Ozzy) did a tour together was at Ozzfest several years back.... but that was probably close to 7 or 8 years ago now. I saw them then, it was an awesome show! Judas Priest had just reunited with Halford and they played Ozzfest with them.

Sabbath have done a couple of reunion tours with Dio since then, but this is the first time they are getting back with Ozzy again and they are supposed to be working on a new album... but the last I heard of it Bill Ward was out of the project due to "contract issues"

Just got in the door. I can't hear a damn thing!!!

Row BB seats 6 & 7.

Concert was incredible. Much more instrumental music than I would ever thought from Godsmack.

Staind was.....well he's still a whiner. Pitiful, but hey! He's made a fortune doing it.

Halestorm was decent, not fan of rock and roll chicks, but she can sing and play.

I dunno who the opening act was but they sucked.

Met Godsmack in the hockey locker room. They are a super nice group of guys! Tony Rombola was very nice. I wanted to meet him more than anyone. The management told us we were only allowed one autograph. We were given a lithograph and a bandana. I bought two tour shirts with the intention of having Tony sign one of my shirts and the rest of the band sign the lithograph. Tony signed my shirt then asked me if I wanted him to sign the picture. He said " Mehhh, it's just a damn signature, give it here". Well, taking que the rest of the band signed my picture AND my shirt. ......nope, not done, I get to Shannon Larkin ( drummer) and he tells me how cool my Walking Dead tshirt is and he unzips his jacket and there's a zombie on his shirt. I got my picture taken with the band and he pulled his jacket open for the picture. Not what I expected. They are super nice. Robbie Merrill (bass player) tried to get my wife to talk while he signed our things. Sully did seem to have a "I'm here cause its my job" demeanor but he wasn't rude.

We weren't allowed to take any pictures, they were done by staff. I'll post it up when I get it.

Head is throbbing and my ears are ringing AND I have to work tomorrow. Good night y'all.

Godsmack-1.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

Edited by Caster

Did you know that ALL of the original members of Sabbath have made their peace with one another and are now working on a new album? It's been 33 years!!!! Please pray for Tony Iommi has the early stages of lymphoma. I hate to sound like such a selfish SOB but I hope he's strong enough to tour. I mean come on!!! To be able to see the REAL Black Sabbath. Once in MY life time opportunity.

I was able to see them just after the reunion tour in 98 or 99.

Ozzy got sighned last minute to a local music festival, the KROQ weenie roast. Well as a special guest he brought along BS and man did I go ape! They had this rotating double sided stage so while one act was doing their thing the next could get set up and ready.

So Ozzys doing his thing and the crowd is going wild, after he finishes I think Bark at the moon he starts with all the "good night I love you all" stuff and slyly steppe forward off the stage which starts to turn. It gets stuck half way through the rotation and people are starting to boo and hiss. Finally they get it going again, it sets in place and the opening riff to Black Sabbath starts, the lights go up and the crowd goes completely bat sh@t!

Killer show that I will always remember. Definatley go if you get the opportunity.