Walking dead....

Caster

Guest RebelWithACause

I kinda thought the new kid sort of proved himself in that zombie battle. He did a good job of driving the car to rescue Shane. I suppose he could have slammed the car and Rick into something, but he didn't. Rick was hanging out the window and all. Shane was a goner.

Those two have a short memory.

He did a good job driving because Rick had duct taped him to the seat of the vehicle. He couldn't run, and if he crashed the car, he would have been eaten before he could get himself free.

One thing that really gets me is how pussified most of the people are. For a group of folks that have all been through an incredibly horrific situation that has recalibrated what 'normal' is, there's still a lot less of 'survival mentality' than I'd expect to see.

I wasnt going to get into the debate about killing or not killing the kid, but alas I have been sucked into the vortex of the conversation.

1st- They should have NEVER gotten the kid off the fence.

2nd- They should never brought the kid to the farm.

3rd- They should have never brought him back to the farm.

4th- He should never be allowed to leave the farm. For him to leave, its puts the farm and every one there at risk.

5th- Its just TV so kill the bas*#rd already!

One thing that really gets me is how pussified most of the people are. For a group of folks that have all been through an incredibly horrific situation that has recalibrated what 'normal' is, there's still a lot less of 'survival mentality' than I'd expect to see.

Thats because these are still normal people. They aren't survivalists or even internet jockeys that call themselves survivalists. They are regular people in a bad situation.

I wasnt going to get into the debate about killing or not killing the kid, but alas I have been sucked into the vortex of the conversation.

1st- They should have NEVER gotten the kid off the fence.

2nd- They should never brought the kid to the farm.

3rd- They should have never brought him back to the farm.

4th- He should never be allowed to leave the farm. For him to leave, its puts the farm and every one there at risk.

5th- Its just TV so kill the bas*#rd already!

This...

Guest cardcutter

What is the story on T Dog? I havent heard three lines from him this season. What is his backstory. He dresses like a grunt. Is he millitary?

Good question cardcutter. I pegged him for some gangsta thug in the first few episodes. I'm pleased to admit I was wrong. He's been fairly calm and rational, save a few instances such as that fever thing which was understandable. He's been a fairly quiet but strong back for the group. IMO, even though Shane has been tough and a good fighter, I put T-dog in tied 2nd place with Glenn for MVP. Daryl being #1.

Edited by Caster

On the Dale thing, I think he was right, but some of his reasons were wrong. The whole "I don't want to live in that world" bit. Cry more and see if that changes things, mmkay? News flash, you live in that world. Doesn't mean they have to sacrifice their humanity, but at least grow up and admit that to stay "civilized" and "human" you will have to take on more risks etc.

That said, does it seem like they are trimming the extreme characters? Dale is gone. Shane is rumored to be gone. Daryl is softening up a bit. Maybe they are making room for more Glenn and T-Dog to step up?

So far T-Dog's back story from the writers is "we needed a black guy in the group so we could have Daryl face the racism instilled in him by by Merle. Now that we have that more or less settled, we'll let him stand in the corner every 3rd episode so the viewers don't wonder where he went." It's a shame. They can do so much more with him if they try.

Edited by monkeylizard

So far T-Dog's back story from the writers is "we needed a black guy in the group so we could have Daryl face the racism instilled in him by by Merle. Now that we have that more or less settled, we'll let him stand in the corner every 3rd episode so the viewers don't wonder where he went." It's a shame. They can do so much more with him if they try.

Which brings up another question: When (if at all?) is Merle going to reenter the plot (aside from being a hallucination)? Kind of left it hanging out there when they showed the sawed off hand....

Guest cardcutter

Damn I thought there was something there. He looks like a grunt. His character could step up and back Rick against Shane.His character has a lot of potential.

So far, there's not much story on him, so they could take him any direction they want.

As for Merle, I dion't expect he'll show up at the farm. Well, not unless he's the ring-leader of the bunch that Rick, Glenn, and Herschel ran into in town. Otherwise, it would be too coincidental that he left Atlanta in the same direction and happened to come across the same farm while wandering about on his own.

So far, there's not much story on him, so they could take him any direction they want.

As for Merle, I dion't expect he'll show up at the farm. Well, not unless he's the ring-leader of the bunch that Rick, Glenn, and Herschel ran into in town. Otherwise, it would be too coincidental that he left Atlanta in the same direction and happened to come across the same farm while wandering about on his own.

Unless he's been tracking and tailing them the whole time.

I've been wondering when Merle would show back up, too.

And what about the black guy and his kid from the first couple episodes? Wonder if they made it. They just kinda left that hanging as well.

I was looking forward to his character coming back on-scene. Especially if his character on this show is anything like he was in "Jericho". Loved that guy. In a straight way, of course.

I've been wondering when Merle would show back up, too.

And what about the black guy and his kid from the first couple episodes? Wonder if they made it. They just kinda left that hanging as well.

I was looking forward to his character coming back on-scene. Especially if his character on this show is anything like he was in "Jericho". Loved that guy. In a straight way, of course.

If I remember what I've been told correctly, he is never heard from again in the comics. Apparently this isn't a typical story. People come and go and unless they meet up with the group again, their story isn't told. More realistic and thus far darker than usual.

If I remember what I've been told correctly, he is never heard from again in the comics. Apparently this isn't a typical story. People come and go and unless they meet up with the group again, their story isn't told. More realistic and thus far darker than usual.

In the comics the dad shows up again, but his son has been zombified.