CCW in church with ND

There should be no mandatory training what so ever.

Look up the definition to infringed

Exactly!

As a responsible gun owner I want to always be as safe as I can be and if that means to take classes then that should be up to me on a volunteer basis.

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18

Here is another example of the need for better training for permit holders. Maybe there is a reason to have a magazine disconnect safety.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

Simple fix for your quandry: Move to New York. I hear they have quite the process to obtain permits. No amount of training is going to fix stupid. Having some BS safety like a mag disconnect safety is just pandering to the gun control crowd and gives people the warm fuzzy. The greatest safety of all lies right in your noggin.

This may be one of the most common causes of ND. I'm sure it is part of every CCW class, and if you own a gun one should be very, very familiar with it, especially if you are carrying it! Still every safety rule was violated. Dumb, no excuse, no more laws or rules....we just happen to be surrounded by stupidity.

I agree with what has been stated. Since it was in FL, I would assume that this person had already taken a concealed carry class, where they would already have been shown how to safely handle a firearm. Once that happens, it is up to the gun owner to behave responsibly, and if he/she doesn't, then he/she will suffer the consequences of their negligence.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

From the story -

"Investigators say Moises Zambrana took two men into a nearby closet to show his gun to another church member interested in buying a firearm. Zambrana has a concealed weapons permit and reportedly took out the gun's magazine, but did not know there was a bullet in the chamber.

The gun went off and fired through a wall, striking the young woman. She was critically injured and transported to Bayfront Medical Center."

Just realized this was a duplicate post, but nearly impossible to tell based on the other posts mysterious thread title. Mods - do whatever you like...

Edited by mcurrier

This was no accident. There's NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENT.

It's sad, but this happened because the guy was an idiot. Plain and simple. Just like all the others we read about and discuss. Negligence is pure, unadulterated idiocy.

Quoted as "He didn't know one was in the chamber" Hmmmm IDIOT! There's a few other dumb factors we can assume. First, he had his finger on the trigger. It wouldn't have went off it he didn't. Second, muzzle discipline. Did he know it was pointed in a safe direction. Hmm obviously not.

I don't know what they'll do to him, but a public beating would be nice.

• Like 2

Didn't see this thread. Someone else started another thread about this story. I'll just copy and paste then....

This was no accident. There's NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENT.

It's sad, but this happened because the guy was an idiot. Plain and simple. Just like all the others we read about and discuss. Negligence is pure, unadulterated idiocy.

Quoted as "He didn't know one was in the chamber" Hmmmm IDIOT! There's a few other dumb factors we can assume. First, he had his finger on the trigger. It wouldn't have went off it he didn't. Second, muzzle discipline. Did he know it was pointed in a safe direction. Hmm obviously not.

I don't know what they'll do to him, but a public beating would be nice.

• Like 1
Guest Coolboarder8913

how do you not know there is a bullet in the chamber?!?!?!?! you have to rack the slide back or push the slide release?!?!?!?!?! People like this have no reason to be carrying. they put everyone's life in danger and give those of us who carry properly a bad name.

how do you not know there is a bullet in the chamber?!?!?!?! you have to rack the slide back or push the slide release?!?!?!?!?! People like this have no reason to be carrying. they put everyone's life in danger and give those of us who carry properly a bad name.

You got that right.

Since you can't fix stupid you sure can regulate it for the protection of society. A magazine safety would have prevented this common accident. If states have already passed laws to allow carry in public places then they are responsible to make sure the legally armed citizen knows how to safely handle a loaded firearm. It appears clear to me that Florida granted a permit to someone who does not know how to handle a firearm in public. I am upset. If that was my girl who was shot in the head at church then I would be leading the crusade to ban firearms by stupid people and yes that may mean a real gun safety exam.

Guest bkelm18

Since you can't fix stupid you sure can regulate it for the protection of society. A magazine safety would have prevented this common accident. If states have already passed laws to allow carry in public places then they are responsible to make sure the legally armed citizen knows how to safely handle a loaded firearm. It appears clear to me that Florida granted a permit to someone who does not know how to handle a firearm in public. I am upset. If that was my girl who was shot in the head at church then I would be leading the crusade to ban firearms by stupid people and yes that may mean a real gun safety exam.

Wow. Not sure what to even say. Typical gun grabber mentality. You're certainly part of the problem with today's society. Thinking you can legislate and dictate morality and safety. Good luck with all that.

NO, No gun needs a safety. My Glock does not have or need any manual safety or magazine disconnect BS. You know what those features are? They're bandaid fixes for stupid people and they are made by [including the legislation] by stupid people. The problem is not an inanimate object and it's innate ability to do damage. The problem is, STUPID PEOPLE and the fact that they are entitled to freedom just like anyone else AND they are allowed to breed. The fraction can be further reduced to this: Natural Selection is being thwarted. Long ago in ages long gone guess what? Stupid people died. Why? Because no one stepped in to protect them from themselves and when they became a hazard to others, they were shunned or dealt with. What a great idea.

Mr. Brady, is that you?

• Like 2

Exactly how would regulating it have prevented this from happening?

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18

That's sheer brilliance! What state or federal statute did you pull that out of?

Oh, wait...

You know that's a great idea. Let's write to our dear legislators and ask them to enact a law that prohibits Negligent Discharges. That would solve the problem wouldn't it? Screw making the requirements for permits more stringent, just make it illegal to stupid stuff with guns. I'm a genius. :)

Guest Sgt. Joe

I think that you are on to something bkelm18, but we could go a step further and just pass a law that makes it illegal to violate any existing laws, that should take care of a whole lot of the problems these days. :rolleyes:

I just dont understand how a person can not know if they have a round in the chamber or not, or why they would put their finger on the trigger unless they are just stupid to begin with.

I do hope that the young lady recovers from that stupidity.