M&P9 vs Glock 19 :)

DannyP

You will be sad when the m&p is gone. I sold my 40c and and picked up a 23. Wish I would have kept the 40c. Nothing against the glock it just doesn't feel as good as the M&P and it took changing a few parts to make the trigger half as good as my M&P was.

Hey guys, just wondering which one you guys would choose and why. Its between a M&P9 fullsize or a Glock 19 gen 3. I have the M&P9 and a guy wants to trade me his Glock19 gen 3. What do you think

Danny

I personally wouldn't trade an M&P for Glock. However, give the Glock a try and see if you like it better. If you don't, no trade.

I've had several of each and I prefer the M&P. Reasons being: stainless metal parts in addition to melonite finishing, grip angle, interchangeable back straps, ambi controls, and lifetime warranty. I prefer the size of the 19 but that's about the only thing I prefer about it. Both are great guns, both have plenty of holsters and parts, and both work well. I just can't get used to the grip angle of Glocks.

Yeah thats one of the things i really like about the M&P's, how comfortable they are in your hands. I'll keep an eye out and see if anyone is looking to trade a M&P compact for a fullsize. I shoot good with glocks, but they just aren't as comfortable. Guess i just needed to hear it from someone else lol.

Dannyimag3386.jpg

If you shoot well with the full sized M&P and are happy with it then keep your M&P 9. Before you purchase a more compact 9mm try to handle a Ruger SR9c, Glock 19 4th gen and a S&W 9c, there are other fine pistol's by other's but these are the three I have confidence in.

I own and shoot both......prefer the M&P for the same reasons Smith stated about.....ambi safety, adjustable backstrraps, feels better in my hand, and I also like the higher magazine capacity of the M&Ps....

Hey guys, just wondering which one you guys would choose and why. Its between a M&P9 fullsize or a Glock 19 gen 3. I have the M&P9 and a guy wants to trade me his Glock19 gen 3. What do you think

Danny

I made that exact trade, and am happy with it. I LOVE the M&P9, but like the size of the G19 a lot better. Pistols are like girls. It depends on what YOU like best, and what you're gonna do with them.

• Like 1
Guest HankRearden

Having carried both for a few years I got rid of my M&P and stick with the Glock 19.

They are both fine guns and it comes down to a wash really.

I decided to keep the Glock 19 because for me:

1. I have a much easier time acquiring magazines, holsters and parts.

2. I have had far fewer finish, operation and maintenance issues.

3. Changing sights is a simpler procedure.

4. I can treat the Glock more like my lawn mower and not worry about it as much.

YMMV and all that jazz. If I had to carry an M&P I wouldn't lose any sleep. They are both fine weapon systems that will serve you and future generations well.

Problem I have with the M&P is how many more operational parts it has over the Glock. No big deal but I am a certified armorer for both guns. If I could have Glock innards in an M&P frame I would like that. For my hand I prefer a Glock with its fewer parts and my ability to carve the Glock frame to better fit my hand.

If what goes on inside the gun doesn't have any impact in your decision get an M&P if it meets your shooting criteria. If you like simple and reliable then get a Glock.

Problem I have with the M&P is how many more operational parts it has over the Glock. No big deal but I am a certified armorer for both guns. If I could have Glock innards in an M&P frame I would like that. For my hand I prefer a Glock with its fewer parts and my ability to carve the Glock frame to better fit my hand.

If what goes on inside the gun doesn't have any impact in your decision get an M&P if it meets your shooting criteria. If you like simple and reliable then get a Glock.

+1

Guest mkstn

Plus 1 for the M&P. I have the .40 and would not trade it. It is too large to carry except in the winter with a coat but I keep it close by when at home. Just feels good to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest samiam73

ive had both and i prefer the glocks. I don't like the MP trigger. I guess i am just used to the glock triggers (have three 19, 22c with .40 and .357, and a 20).

Guest FiddleDog

I've had both also, and prefer the G19. Nothing against the M&P. It was a fine pistol, and I'd gladly own one again. That being said, I've found that an even trade from a gun that you know you like to a gun that you are curious about is a sure recipe for regret. You'll always miss the gun that you know you like, no matter how much you like the new one.