Is a trial in order for Zimmerman?

Is a trial in order for Zimmerman?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is a trial in order for Zimmerman?

• I believe this should go to trial
    • I believe this should not go to trial

Just a curious poll.

I understand that you can’t decide if he is guilty or innocent based on what is in the media. I’m not asking that.

I’m not asking if you support or don’t support any stand your ground controversy, or what the laws are in Florida.

I am asking that if this happened in your neighborhood here in Tennessee, looking at what you feel comfortable with what facts you think you know, coupled with what you don’t know… would you want to see George Zimmerman walk, or stand trial?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without having more factual information, I can't say one way or another.

I just read an article on CNN about two experts that examined the 911 calls, and both said it likely was NOT Zimmerman screaming for help. Because they didn't have any samples of Martin's voice, they couldn't say whether or not it was more likely his voice heard screaming for help.

Guest RCLARK

If I were Zimmerman I would want a trial. It's the only shot he will have at a life after all this dies down. If they drop it and don't charge him and there is not public satisfaction he will be a marked man.

If I were Zimmerman I would want a trial. It's the only shot he will have at a life after all this dies down. If they drop it and don't charge him and there is not public satisfaction he will be a marked man.

Not sure that's a chance I'd be willing take. Prisons are full of "White-Hispanic" hating African-Americans. I think I'd take my chances on the outside.

He's got no life either way. If he's convicted he'll forever be in the same boat, if he is acquitted he will be seen as a product of a racist system. The media, race baiters, and arm chain, discussion forum, legal beagles have added tragedy to tragedy. They have destroyed a man before evidence, arrest, trial,conviction, or truth has been fully revealed. Whether he acted correctly, wrongly, illegally, or justified is not an issue any more and for that ... justice has become a secondary issue. Sad times. :down:

Guest 6.8 AR

To this point, no trial. If there's something compelling a trial, like evidence Zimmerman is found

to have lied in his testimony to police, that could change my attitude. Nothing else, though.

Guest 6.8 AR

It doesn't matter about what kind of life he will have, either way. The only thing that matters is justice,

and that will be difficult to obtain.

Guest Lester Weevils

Am ignorant of law.

Don't they sometimes (or often) put on trials charging numerous crimes with everything from high treason all the way down to jaywalking, and then let the jury figure out which ones of the charges fit? Kinda like a "buffet menu" trial?

Otherwise if they are only gonna make a few charges, maybe they are trying to develop a good enough theory of what happened, to figure out what to charge him with?

If he has offenses, then his primary offenses MIGHT be severe, or they MIGHT be stupidity and bad judgement? Don't some crimes basically boil down to "criminally stupid"? Ferinstance reckless endangerment-- Dunno if that one is appropriate. Only an example. Do people guilty of reckless endangerment get up one morning and intentionally decide, "I'm gonna leave my brain at home today and go do stupid stuff without thinking it thru, and hopefully somebody will get hurt as a result."?

Last report I heard, he hadn't been charged with any crime as yet. No need for a trial until then. The media

and serial protesters have had a field day with this, as usual. Let it play itself out & go from there.

Think I'll wait before I pass judgment.

Am ignorant of law.

Don't they sometimes (or often) put on trials charging numerous crimes with everything from high treason all the way down to jaywalking, and then let the jury figure out which ones of the charges fit? Kinda like a "buffet menu" trial?

Otherwise if they are only gonna make a few charges, maybe they are trying to develop a good enough theory of what happened, to figure out what to charge him with?

If he has offenses, then his primary offenses MIGHT be severe, or they MIGHT be stupidity and bad judgement? Don't some crimes basically boil down to "criminally stupid"? Ferinstance reckless endangerment-- Dunno if that one is appropriate. Only an example. Do people guilty of reckless endangerment get up one morning and intentionally decide, "I'm gonna leave my brain at home today and go do stupid stuff without thinking it thru, and hopefully somebody will get hurt as a result."?

A prosecutor can't charge someone with whatever they feel like; at least not if the judge has a shred of honesty in him/her...there must be at least enough evidence to support the charges or a decent judge will throw the charges out.

I'm not saying they might not charge him with multiple crimes but they can't just pull the charges out of thin air. And as a practical matter, a DA isn't going to want to charge someone unless they really think they can convict the person of the crime....doing so not only wastes a lot of taxpayer money but makes the DA look like an idiot. While I wouldn't want to be Zimmerman right now, I wouldn't want to be the prosecutor either because this is more likely than not going to be a no-win situation.

If Zimmerman isn't charged at all the race-baiters will likely have riots in the streets...if Zimmerman isn't charged with a serious enough crime (again as defined by the race-baiters); riots and worst of all would be if Zimmerman is charged found not guilty...if that happens we may see violence like this country hasn't seen since the riots and protests of the Vietnam era.

I haven't followed this story all that much. However, I would not support a trial primarily because it is the exact opposite of what those race-baiting poverty pimps Sharpton and Jackson are demanding. They are very much like Joe Biden. If you find out what side of an issue he is on and you take the exact opposite, then you will have made the correct choice.

I've yet to actually hear what happened; except for the fact he shot the boy.

I find it interesting that everyone is referring to Martin as a "kid" but if the sides were swapped and Zimmerman was dead then Martin would probably be tried as an adult.

I find it interesting that everyone is referring to Martin as a "kid" but if the sides were swapped and Zimmerman was dead then Martin would probably be tried as an adult.

Amen to that.

I think we all understand that a 17 year old is not an "adult". However, calling a 17 year old a "kid"...a person who will be an adult in the eyes of the law in less than 12 months indicates to me that the one using the term "kid" may be pushing an agenda.

Edited by RobertNashville

I, too, am reluctant to suggest that a trial is warranted. I have no problem with a Grand Jury inquiry, as I think that's completely in order. Frankly, it would be difficult for Mr. Zimmerman to get a fair trial.

Guest Lester Weevils

A prosecutor can't charge someone with whatever they feel like; at least not if the judge has a shred of honesty in him/her...there must be at least enough evidence to support the charges or a decent judge will throw the charges out.

I'm not saying they might not charge him with multiple crimes but they can't just pull the charges out of thin air. And as a practical matter, a DA isn't going to want to charge someone unless they really think they can convict the person of the crime....doing so not only wastes a lot of taxpayer money but makes the DA look like an idiot. While I wouldn't want to be Zimmerman right now, I wouldn't want to be the prosecutor either because this is more likely than not going to be a no-win situation.

Thanks Robert

Was just curious because some trials I read about, seemed to have a long laundry-list of charges, and sometimes the defendant only gets convicted of one or two of the "most minor". But dunno anything about it.

Was mainly speculating that if the prosecutors happen not to believe a murder charge is appropriate, but they think SOMETHING is appropriate, if nothing else to mollify the race-baiters-- Was wondering if perhaps they are having a difficult time trying to figure out what appropriate charges would be.

I think we all understand that a 17 year old is not an "adult". However, calling a 17 year old a "kid"...a person who will be an adult in the eyes of the law in less than 12 months indicates to me that the one using the term "kid" may be pushing an agenda.

That could be in many cases. I often refer to people up to the age of 30 as kids. Sometimes even a little over-30. It isn't disrespectful and I realize they are legally adults at 18 or whatever. It is just that, after you pass age 60, they DO look like kids. MY kid is about 30. Sometimes people aged 25 look 18, and 18-year-olds look about 13. As I get older, the "kids" keep looking younger.

I, too, am reluctant to suggest that a trial is warranted. I have no problem with a Grand Jury inquiry, as I think that's completely in order. Frankly, it would be difficult for Mr. Zimmerman to get a fair trial.

Yep, difficult to have an impartial trial.