Springfield announces XD-M

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hawk
Whatever the case, I wonder if the guy who took those pictures is now looking for a new job. ;)

Ha! He should have taken those pics with a blank background, not your work area. Man what a newbie.

Kind of looks like some one beat a Walther with an ugly stick. ;)

Did y'all notice the knife on the desk? The XD still can't get away from Glock!

That's a Glock Knife! :D

Edited by Moped
Guest eyebedam

Well I will admit I hate the look & feel of the current XD but Im really liking the new look. If they feel good in the hand I just may have to get 1 of the new models. They do look like a mix between the Walther P99 & a Smith M&P. Any idea when these will be available for purchase?

If they truly improved the XD, I have no doubt that it's an awesome pistol. Plus, this one is likely to actually be a true American design instead of a Croatian import.

By “they” I assume you mean the Croatians?

SA is simply an importer of guns from “HS Produkt”.

“HS produkt” has 1000 employees; SA has just over 100.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the Croatians are calling the shots.

SA is simply using them to fill a hole in their product line.

“The Americans” have already produced a pistol far superior to the XD; and it is made here.

By “they” I assume you mean the Croatians?{/QUOTE]

God, Dave what's with all the font resizing? Big PITA. :rofl:

The Croatians have learned that it is very smart to listen to the Americans. Why do you think they changed the finish on the slide?

I think you are 180 out on the cause and effect. The American market calls the shots.

Just for curiosity, what do you think is the American made weapon that is superior to the XD?

Edited by Marswolf
Guest GLOCKGUY
By “they†I assume you mean the Croatians?

SA is simply an importer of guns from “HS Produktâ€.

“HS produkt†has 1000 employees; SA has just over 100.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the Croatians are calling the shots.

SA is simply using them to fill a hole in their product line.

“The Americans†have already produced a pistol far superior to the XD; and it is made here.

your right Glock is starting to make their guns here in America :panic: just kidding i know who your talking about and you never know they might one day make one for more superior then Glock :rofl: i dought it though ;)

I'm a huge XD fan, but I'm not sure about this.

I'm wondering if this is a prototype, or the finished product.

It's a bit on the wild side, but I could almost get used to it, if it weren't for all the space at the end of the frame/barrel. Unless that changes, I'm not likely to add one of these to my collection.

rttyjhytgv6.jpg

Triple,that ugly space comes on the current XDs space dependent on model

Yes, I know. But, the pictured XD looks like a 4" Service model, not the 5" tactical. I could be wrong, though. If it is the 4", the space on the new XD looks to be nearly twice as much as the current 4" models.

Guest db99wj
I'm a huge XD fan, but I'm not sure about this.

I'm wondering if this is a prototype, or the finished product.

It's a bit on the wild side, but I could almost get used to it, if it weren't for all the space at the end of the frame/barrel. Unless that changes, I'm not likely to add one of these to my collection.

rttyjhytgv6.jpg

Why am I having a problem seeing a gun in this picture?:D

Ya know for a minute I thought you were saying yuck to the girl in the background :D

Yes, I know. But, the pictured XD looks like a 4" Service model, not the 5" tactical. I could be wrong, though. If it is the 4", the space on the new XD looks to be nearly twice as much as the current 4" models.

I thought it looked like a tactical,but Molon thought it looked like a 4 1/2 inch tweener

Ya know for a minute I thought you were saying yuck to the girl in the background :D

I thought it looked like a tactical,but Molon thought it looked like a 4 1/2 inch tweener

OH NO!!!! Me like girls, a lot!

It could very well be a tweener. I don't know--Maybe I'll change my mind, once I get my hands on one of them.