‘Barcode everyone at birth’

What will those silly Europeans think up next?

It's a story in the BBC, but the person talking is Elizabeth Moon, US Citizen, USMC veteran. She's actually a pretty decent writer, I have quite a few of her books at home. That said, I disagree with her on this subject.

It's a story in the BBC, but the person talking is Elizabeth Moon, US Citizen, USMC veteran. She's actually a pretty decent writer, I have quite a few of her books at home. That said, I disagree with her on this subject.

My mistake, I know nothing about her.

Well, the first link was one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. Also, the title kind of lets you know that an idiot is about to communicate something.

I don't disagree with ya, just letting you guys know what whack-a$$ stuff is out there.

My liberal mom watches BBC because "they are neither democrat nor republican and they tell the truth" (according to my mom).

Guest 6.8 AR

She's right, to the extent that BBC doesn't play much about our politics, but they do with theirs. They have

some real good shows, also. Several of the British news sources do much better on our news than our

media does.

As far as the barcoding goes, the drones are here. I don't doubt anything could happen nowadays.

Brave New World we have.

I don't disagree with ya, just letting you guys know what whack-a$$ stuff is out there.

My liberal mom watches BBC because "they are neither democrat nor republican and they tell the truth" (according to my mom).

My mom says the same thing about NBC, CBS, and ABC, but when she says "they tell the truth", she means "they tell me what I want to hear".

• Like 1

Did a little more digging, as that first link didn't sound like something the Elizabeth Moon I've read would advocate. Sure enough, here's her quote concerning people getting worked up over the story:

"Good grief, did you think I was serious? They asked us all for wild ideas. Specified they needn’t be practical or even possible. They would choose one to be the 60 second wonder. I gave them several and figured the others would too–but they latched onto that one. Probably because it sounded so SFnal and shocking."

In the one about the barcode/implant concept did you read that silly crap about weapon systems detecting who they shoot? OMG, reall?

The one about face detectors in bars was interesting...no more lying to the wife about working late. She can see you swilling beer at the bar, LOL.

What will those silly Europeans think up next?

I don't know but what ever they do, a few years later our guys want to do the same. Remember it started with cameras in LondonI believe, they started putting Camera's everywhere in public. It was only a few years and we started doing the same. However we are not to their level of cameras yet. We have more and more camera's in public daily it seems.

BTW, if in the future they try to barcode me, I guess that will be the day I no longer buy things in the stores. But look on the bright side, you would not have to listen to anyone say “papers please" which should appeal to the environmentalist since no more cut down tress for the paper.

Guest 6.8 AR

Remember the TV show "The Prisoner" and "The Avengers"? A Brit wrote "Brave New World". They'll think

of a bunch of kooky stuff given time.

I don't know but what ever they do, a few years later our guys want to do the same. Remember it started with cameras in LondonI believe, they started putting Camera's everywhere in public. It was only a few years and we started doing the same. However we are not to their level of cameras yet. We have more and more camera's in public daily it seems.

BTW, if in the future they try to barcode me, I guess that will be the day I no longer buy things in the stores. But look on the bright side, you would not have to listen to anyone say “papers please" which should appeal to the environmentalist since no more cut down tress for the paper.

They'll want to put them in after they have failed like everything else European.

Sounds like a great idea. Hey, lets put it in your right hand or your forehead that way our one world government that's soon to come will have an easier time with logistics.

Jest if you will, but it's coming and they're getting people accustomed to the idea.

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18

Give it time. Some time in the future I see it very plausable that we will all be forced to have our info stamped on us. Probably more likely in the form of an implant like an RFID chip or whatever they'll have in the future.

Guest rebeldrummer

oh its coming....

like someone said, they are getting us used to the idea....

i mean, lets look at the chips that go in animals to track and identify.

it will be pushed as a way to save lives. find lost children. you wont have to worry about your parents w/ alzhiemers wondering off.

ect....ect....ect.

while all those will be valid points, that will not be the root intention of the gov.