Anyone like it hot?

Anyone else here into hot food? Like.. insanely hot?

I was stalking the forums and watching through my subscribed YouTube videos and came across one that was uploaded today from

on a jerky review. I got to wondering who else enjoys these things.

Most folks I know think I'm crazy for eating things so hot. They don't see the enjoyment in it and to be honest... I can't really explain the rush and enjoyment in feeling that burn. I have a cabinet full of hot seasons, spices, peppers, and sauces for adding whatever flavor/heat combo I'm in the mood for at a given moment. I only have one friend, and the only person I've met, who will eat things like this so I thought I'd see if there was anyone else here who is the same.

If you're not that kind of person eat hot sauces like Dave's Insanity Sauce or Blair's Death Sauces but still want a little flavor and zing then I'd have a suggestion of trying Tapatio. You can find it in most grocery stores hispanic section. It's a great sauce that will add flavor to your food. The more you add the more heat you get but the sauce doesn't become overpowering. It also has no vinegar in it, so you're not ruining the taste of your food like Tobasco does ;)

Edited by Spank
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love tapatio. Ive eaten some hot stuff before, especially in Thailand and Japan. That said i refrain from stuff that burns that bad anymore because it usually gives me heartburn like a mother. I got tired of not being able to sleep at night at the age of 23 and decided to make some cuisne changes. I do understand the rush though

I have a bottle of Dave's that has been sitting in the cupboard for at least 8 years. I bought it and put a single drop in a pot of Mac+Cheese and it was too hot. After that the only thing it has been used for is dares.

I do like spicy food but that is way to hot for me.

Dolomite

Guest bkelm18

I'm a Texas Pete guy. Developed a taste for it in the Navy. I put it on most stuff. I've tried Dave's Insanity. Way too hot for me.

I'm a big fan of stupidly hot food. I also have a cabinet devoted to hot sauces and spices. Haven't tried the Tapatio yet, keep meaning to pick up a bottle.

For everyday all-around use I like Trappy's Red Devil.

Edited by Garufa

I like hot, but can't do much of it anymore. I keep Tapatio, Tabasco, Texas Pete, and some brand of Louisiana hot sauce. If one runs out, I replace it. I have a bottle of this too. Good stuff, but it will hurt you...

http://www.basspro.com/Southwest-Specialty-Foods-Ass-Blaster-Hot-Sauce/product/102472/130807?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductads&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductads&affcode_c=17kw2359705&SST=0253e6a9-e6e9-67e8-323a-00005bc833cf

I'm trying to think, but I don't think there's much of anything I like that's hot.

I don't like spicy food...I don't even like HOT food. I'd heap rather it be closer to room temperature.

I don't like hot beverages.

I don't like hot weather. Or warm weather for that matter.

I don't like hot loads. No reason to when an accurate load can always be found lower on the ladder.

A hot pot of lead maybe? That's only by necessity.

Prince's Hot Chicken!!! Rocks!

(And I hear through the grapevine there's a place in Hendersonville in the old ratty Walton Mall on Walton Ferry that is even better... gotta check it!)

Yes it does. I can't handle their hot variety. It's downright painful.

Prince's Hot Chicken!!! Rocks!

(And I hear through the grapevine there's a place in Hendersonville in the old ratty Walton Mall on Walton Ferry that is even better... gotta check it!)

SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT PRINCE'S!!! I was going to say something about them. Love that place.

Dunno if this is even in the same category, but I love me some chinese hot mustard on my egg rolls. You know, the kind that burns the hair out of your sinuses and makes your eyes water to the point you can't see.

Dunno if this is even in the same category, but I love me some chinese hot mustard on my egg rolls. You know, the kind that burns the hair out of your sinuses and makes your eyes water to the point you can't see.

Yep. I usually mix it with Kikkoman soy sauce (the ONLY soy sauce) in a little dipping bowl. Eye watering is the test for the right mix :pleased:

Edited by mikegideon

i love hot sauce. I have a bottle of one of the hottest ones around. Its called 357 Mad Dog. I order it from here. http://www.hotsaucew...7maddoghot.html

This sauce is not a joke, one drop, and I mean one drop will almost ruin a bowl of chili. YouTube 357 Mad Dog hot sauce and it will give ou a good understanding of it. I rarely use it, I have to be in a wanting to hurt kinda mood. I also have a few ghost pepper hot sauces I use for everyday use. All the way down to the good ol Tabasco.

On a side note, read the reviews of the sauce in the link above, they help put it into words as well.

Edited by reed1285