Prepping Websites

survivalistboards.com may be the biggest.

Variable noise to signal ratio depending on forum and topic, but lots of archived equipment and technique stuff, categories for about everything.

Buncha download files (see Survival Files at top)

- OS

Here is a list of webistes that I have personally used and would recommend.

They are primarily related to food preparation and storage.

John Wayne aka p-38...a "gottahave" tool.

Ready Made Resources in Tellico Plians, TN

LDS “store†online

Internet Grocer

Emergency Essentisls

MREDeopt

HoneyVille Grain

Lehman’s Store

Excalibur Dehydrator

All American Pressure Canners

Sportsman’s Guide…Mountain House…

Costco…Thrive freeze dried & dehydrated storage foods

Thrive brand storage foods direct

nitro-pak

Wise food storage

Wise food sample pak

Freeze Dry Guy

MRE info with various links

I am a member of Frugal's forum and have been since '08. Great folks and wealth on info.

I also listen to Jack Spirko's podcast several times a week on my drive to & from work. I am the first to say I don't agree with some of what Jack has to offer, I have learned a great deal (since I research many of his topics for myself) and greatly enjoy the array of guests he's had on for interview shows the past several months.

I look forward to other folks suggestions and recommendations.

Edited by prag
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a member of.survivalistboards.com but I am not going back.I got hit with a bad virus that killed my desktop a few months ago while I was on the forums there.I was on the forums a couple weeks ago and got hit with what looked like to be the same thing on my new laptop.Lucky that my backup disk got my laptop running again.Don't know for sure it came from there but to be hit twice while I was on that forum is just too much to chance.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a member of.survivalistboards.com but I am not going back.I got hit with a bad virus that killed my desktop a few months ago while I was on the forums there.I was on the forums a couple weeks ago and got hit with what looked like to be the same thing on my new laptop.Lucky that my backup disk got my laptop running again.Don't know for sure it came from there but to be hit twice while I was on that forum is just too much to chance.

Been hanging out there for years, no probs.

Whether it came from there or not, you need to upgrade whatever you're using.

Nothing but router, AVG Free, and modicum of caution has kept all well at this location since 1998.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1

I think it was the virus that was going throgh a banner ad company.I know of a couple other sites that were getting hit as well.There were threads on them about how big of a pain it was to clear everything up.I have also had nother member here PM me that he got hit with the same thing over there,

I use Norton and it slammed right though it.

Middletennesseepreppers.com is a local site.

Thanks for the link. A really nice post there from backdoorsurvival.com detailing a 12 month step by step program to prepping so newbies don't get overwhelmed. Gonna pass it along to my in-laws as they keep asking questions and this will let me act like I know what I am doing! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a website, but I wasn't sure if it rated it's on thread. Amazon has some free Kindle books and stumbled across this one on canning methods. Haven't read it yet, but it's free so figure worth the price at least!! :)

**edit** This one details a "cold-pack" method of canning. Still uses heat but supposedly faster and with less handling of the food. Link

Edited by Makiaveli
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest SiriusJones

survivalistboards.com may be the biggest.

Variable noise to signal ratio depending on forum and topic, but lots of archived equipment and technique stuff, categories for about everything.

Buncha download files (see Survival Files at top)

- OS

IMHO, the best survival site on the web.

Equipped.org is what got me started... I was looking at their personal survival kit comparison (which is now badly out dated) and decided I could build my own that was better. Their forums are decent too.

BushcraftUSA forums has pretty good discussions as well, as does the survival section of the AR-15 forums