Which issues are most important to you?

Economy (unemployment, deficit, no expensive stupid wars, profit (spend less than take in), etc)

Freedom (guns, personal life, etc)

stable (hard to explain.... but not a crusader for some policy like obamacare or rescue/obliteration of some country)

which is never met by any candidate for any party of course.

Over all other considerations, I find BHO's flagrant disregard for the constitution, congressional procedure, judicial enforcement, and established law so egregious that it overrides all other considerations this time around. It is not tinfoilery to suggest that he is setting precedents that are more in line with the Divine Right of Kings than a parliamentary Republic.

Though both parties together have become tyranny, BHO has upped the ante for state control to an unconscionable level, and in a hurry. He actually has "accomplished" much in 4 years, and all of it makes the USA more divisive and less prosperous.

The normal range of issues in order of precedence are out the window -- there's only one prime directive this time around.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest ThePunisher

1. I want my representatives to be smart, honest and have some common sense. Not someone like Nancy who tells the nation "that we have to pass the bill so we will know what's in the bill".

2. Economy. Give people more of their hard earned money and not higher taxes. People know better how to spend their money better than the government. Reagan proved that cutting taxes brings more revenue to the treasury, and stimulates economic growth.

3. I want my President and representatives to adhere to the Constitution, and not take or reduce my liberties and freedoms.

Edited by ThePunisher

Over all other considerations, I find BHO's flagrant disregard for the constitution, congressional procedure, judicial enforcement, and established law so egregious that it overrides all other considerations this time around. It is not tinfoilery to suggest that he is setting precedents that are more in line with the Divine Right of Kings than a parliamentary Republic.

Though both parties together have become tyranny, BHO has upped the ante for state control to an unconscionable level, and in a hurry. He actually has "accomplished" much in 4 years, and all of it makes the USA more divisive and less prosperous.

The normal range of issues in order of precedence are out the window -- there's only one prime directive this time around.

- OS

this

The economy, no President can fix!

It takes jobs and work to fix the economy!

Correct. The government doesn't create a good economy, but, as is proven, they can certainly create a bad one. Taxes, overregulation and deficit destroy our economy.

Edited by TMF

There is really only ONE issue; The encroachment of Federal government on individual rights.

All other issues are directly related to that.

Deficit? Reduce the size of Gov't and that's goes a long way towards reducing the deficit.

Economy? Get the Feds and their crippling taxes and regulations out of the way!

Gun control? That should be obvious! When is the last time a government attorney argued AGAINST increased regulation?

Health Care? Probably the single MOST screwed up industry in the country! Entirely because of government meddling, regulation, and taxing. Get the Feds out of health care and the cost would drop by 30-55% according to various sources!

^^^^ A lot of the health care problem stem from our limitless capacity to sue. A doctor or whoever that screws up should be liable, yes, and if the result of their screw up was bad enough (for example, the discarded kidney this last week) they should be put out of business by the lawsuit. Allowing them malpractice insurance to cover the punishment paid for by customers is a problem: the bad doctors and hospitals etc do not go out of business and the price of healthcare is inflated to cover the lawsuits. The whole point of the lawsuits is to destroy caregivers that kill or maim by incompetence, but our system has found a way to circumvent that and it has gone downhill from there.

Putting the govt in charge is a whole new level of the same. The gov't paid caregivers will have no liability in the long run.

Edited by Jonnin

I know these will never happen, but my three issues are:

1. Cutting the federal government in half (or more), and including massive deregulation and repealing of numerous existing laws - basically, get the f*** out of the way

2. Massive cuts to spending and eliminating most subsidies

3. A sensible foreign policy in which we mind our own damn business, and eliminate almost all foreign aid except for natural catastrophes.

The only issue that matters right now is the economy. Any continuation of $Trillion and greater deficits absolutely will collapse the economy. There won't be anyone around to bail us out of our stupidity and we'll have the rioting and revolution that some seem so wishful for.

It may not happen by the end of an Obama second term but it will happen...one tiny bump in interest rates and just servicing our debt will take 50% or more of the country's revenue leaving less and less for anything else; including the truly necessary Federal responsibilities.

Anyone who doesn't think it can happen here is simply wrong.

I've spent some considerable time in Greece in the past...it is rapidly collapsing in on itself even with "help" from the EU; we are not far behind.

3. A sensible foreign policy in which we mind our own damn business, and eliminate almost all foreign aid except for natural catastrophes.

Hmm, how much money did the rest of the world give to katrina victims? I see no reason to help them, they do not ever aid us.

There was some, by the way. It was just peanuts compared to what the US tends to give away. I think we spent more on Hati than we got for katrina --- its another form of the trade deficit, we give away more than we get by a large factor.

I am all for aid, when we can afford it, by the way. But I am against it when we cannot. Borrowing money to give away is folly, no matter how nice the gesture.

Edited by Jonnin

- OS

That sums it up for me.

The one and only issue is to get the guy out of office that wants to "fundamentaly change the United States of America"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, how much money did the rest of the world give to Katrina victims? I see no reason to help them, they do not ever aid us.

There was some, by the way. It was just peanuts compared to what the US tends to give away. I think we spent more on Hati than we got for katrina --- its another form of the trade deficit, we give away more than we get by a large factor.

I am all for aid, when we can afford it, by the way. But I am against it when we cannot. Borrowing money to give away is folly, no matter how nice the gesture.

"Out of curiosity I Googled to see if Japan sent aid for Katrina. The countries that offered aid surprised me! But what really surprised me was this. >> Some of these efforts were not formally accepted by the U.S. government.

Actual funds used

An article in the April 29, 2007 Washington Post claimed that of the $854 million offered by foreign countries, whom the article dubs "allies," to the US Government, only $40 million of the funds had been spent "for disaster victims or reconstruction" as of the date of publication (less than 5%).

Additionally, a large portion of the $854 million in aid offered went uncollected, including over $400 million in oil (almost 50%).

http://en.wikipedia....rricane_Katrina

Edited by CCI

Hmm, how much money did the rest of the world give to katrina victims? I see no reason to help them, they do not ever aid us.

Follow my first two suggestions, then you can do the third. My mind was really focused on the middle east when I was talking about foreign aid. We have given away billions in aid to middle eastern countries. What have we gotten in return? Nothing, and they certainly aren't our allies.