Memphis: Gas Cards for Guns

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I had committed a murder, what better way to permanently get rid of the weapon than have the Police do it for me? It's pretty ironic.

I still say we need to go down there and and buy back the good ones.

If I lived close, I would. Just intercept them, $100 cash. Your probably be arrested for buying from a felon though. Police can do it, but not us.

Memphis is great isn't it? A thief steals your gun, uses it to rob somebody, fences it to the crooked city government for a reward, doesn't check the serial numbers and destroys it instead of returning to the rightful owner who also provided the tax money for the reward.

God bless the City of Memphis! GOOD JOB!

If I lived close, I would. Just intercept them, $100 cash. Your probably be arrested for buying from a felon though. Police can do it, but not us.

It sounds good, and I've had the same thought, but you're way too likely to buy a gun that has been used in a crime. Not worth it.

Edited by BryanP

I would be afraid most of those guns are hot in that part of town. That is a pretty bad area where the buy back is. I think you'll mostly see jennings and ravens with the cartridges backwards in the magazines and tape around the grips.

Memphis is great isn't it? A thief steals your gun, uses it to rob somebody, fences it to the crooked city government for a reward, doesn't check the serial numbers and destroys it instead of returning to the rightful owner who also provided the tax money for the reward.

God bless the City of Memphis! GOOD JOB!

This is not a Memphis issue, these gun buy backs happen all over the country. We had one in Nashville some months back.

There is a thread somewhere on here about a pro gun group using one of these to turn cheap broken guns into cash used to provide serviceable rifles to a youth marksmanship camp. Makes ne lol just thinking about it.

Got any 20 dollars RG's you want to unload for 50 bucks?

notice 3 gun limit.

Seems since they are not going to test them and they are just destroying them that would be some kind of crime in it's self. As they most likely are receiving stolen property and not trying to return to the rightful owner.

Guest bigbluedodge03

How many thugs will turn in stolen guns and turn around and rob someone they might have seen turning in also? I am so tired of living in this "infested" city.

How many thugs will turn in stolen guns and turn around and rob someone they might have seen turning in also? I am so tired of living in this "infested" city.

I'd guess that some who turn in guns, will get robbed of their gas card and grizzly tickets a few minutes later!

I'd guess that some who turn in guns, will get robbed of their gas card and grizzly tickets a few minutes later!

You know if someone is fairly good at Cartoon like art work, should make a short cartoon of a line of people turning in guns for gift cards and at the end of the line getting robbed.

Hmm. Preying on the poor? Cause those who are not in a severe bind, will go and pawn or sell their firearm, not give it for gas $.

You do know they will declare this a success. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Of the 500 guns turned in, I wonder how man would function? How many of these guns were stolen and should have been returned to owners?

How many had been used in crimes?

I suspect the crime rate in Memphis will not decline as a result of Mayor's gun program.

"Memphis: Detroit pt. 2."

On Fox and Friends this morning they had two singers on there doing a spoof of the daily weather and when they pointed to Memphis they said "There's nothing good in that place, don't ever go there" "But this place here in [somewhere up north] has a fantastic BBQ place, you should definitely go there" :rofl: