Do you carry every day?

EDC  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry every day?

• YES
    • NO

We'll be going somewhere and my wife will ask me? Why do you need a gun when we're only going here? My reply is... I may know where we're going... but what are we coming home to? Even though we have an alarm system at the house... you never know what's waiting for you in the dark.

We live in a pretty safe neighborhood, but... I'm sure most victims felt the same way.

• Like 1
Guest MilitiaMan

I'm sufficiently armed even when not carrying. You'd be amazed how many knives one can carry discretely. :whistle: Though I prefer to rely on the best weapon of all, and it's located between my ears. Too many suffer from a false sense of bravado from having access to a firearm.

My father rarely carries at all. His argument is "I don't go places that I'd ever need it" - and that logic scares me. Of course we don't go anywhere we think we'd need a gun to get out of - we'd be stupid to do that. That isn't why we got the permit. But I don't have any control over my environment - and threats don't limit themselves to specific areas. I don't drive anywhere that I think I'd wreck my car, but I still wear my seat belt because I can't control the actions of the other drivers. I don't drive through many construction sites or down any unpaved roads but I still keep a spare tire in the trunk because I can't control what others may leave on the road. I don't go into a place if I think there's a chance I'll have to shoot my way out but I carry my gun because I can't be sure of the intentions of those around me.

All of that to say - I carry every day when I'm not at work.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I carry anywhere I can, except for posted areas and work. In the handbook at work it is mentioned that one of the possible reasons for dismissal (permanently) is possession of a firearm without permission. I work at a "corporation" with 200+ employees. I plan on it, but I haven't got around to making mention to the President that I have a permit, and ask if it would be ok if I were to bring a firearm into the office and keep it secured.

Anyone with any such experience in a similar situation?

I am not allowed to keep a gun at work, even if it's locked in my car. That also means that driving to and from work I don't carry. Sometimes when I go creek fishing I don't carry because I fall in the creek once and a while and don't want to get my gun wet. Otherwise I always carry where the law allows.

Most places I visit I see no need to carry.

Then very rarely is "Toad" ever locked and loaded.

I mostly feel that I do not need a handgun to defend myself, that's probably why I take the stand that I do.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

If you knew the time and place you were going to have to use deadly force, odds are, you wouldn't be there.

Columbine, VA Tech, Aurora, Sikh Temple...none of those victims thought that day was going to be "their day."

*Yes, I know some of those places were probably legally "off limits," I'm just using the incidents to illustrate a mentality.

Anyway, no disrespect intended...we just disagree on this. :)

• Like 1

Agree, I worry more about what I come home to than what I'll run into out in public. My biggest problem is choosing 9mm or .45. Some days its both

The one you are most accurate with. I love the 45 cartridge but I can shoot circles around it with a 9mm so that's what I have. A 9mm that hits beats a 45 that misses.

I carry anywhere I can, except for posted areas and work. In the handbook at work it is mentioned that one of the possible reasons for dismissal (permanently) is possession of a firearm without permission. I work at a "corporation" with 200+ employees. I plan on it, but I haven't got around to making mention to the President that I have a permit, and ask if it would be ok if I were to bring a firearm into the office and keep it secured.

Anyone with any such experience in a similar situation?

We have the same policy at my job and they also now have an "open door policy" when previously we were secured from anyone entering with out a RFID badge. Since they changed their policy on that I pocket carry my life is worth more than a policy. I know of 13 others that follow my same thought on that, I know they will never change that policy due to insurance even for permit holders.

I carry every day and avoid places I cannot.

When and where I carry is becomming no ones buisness anymore. It's hidden for a reason so the fewer that knows the better off I am. Work, sleep and shower are the only places I don't carry....but one is always very near.....and yes, I carry on the Throne! :pleased:

• Like 1

I work for a college so not only is carrying against policy it is also illegal. That said, when I get home I will have a firearm on me within five minutes of arriving and will carry for the remainder of the evening whether I go back out or not. I always carry on weekends, etc.

So, do I carry every day? Yes. Do I carry all day, every day? No - but only because of legal restrictions at work.