The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354584978' post='854554']
Yes, but that is after half of their group tried to kill him. Guilty by association and all. I wouldn't have invited a group of convicts into my group, and when the one got lippy in the beginning with the threats I would have immediately kicked him off the planet. He has far more patience then I would ever have.
[/quote]I am pretty sure that Rick discussed and was willing to kill them almost immediately. Didn't he have that discussion with Lori before he even struck the deal with them to split the food and give them their own cellblock? That is what I keep coming back to. He was willing to write them off before they had the chance to cross him.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354585442' post='854560']I am pretty sure that Rick discussed and was willing to kill them almost immediately. Didn't he have that discussion with Lori before he even struck the deal with them to split the food and give them their own cellblock? That is what I keep coming back to. He was willing to write them off before they had the chance to cross him.[/quote]

I don't recall, but if you're right I guess that puts him close to the line. I guess the big thing I see separating them is that Rick sees it as a duty and a burden to be in charge, where the governor seems to see it as power. Plus he goes out of his way to kill any rivals. Once again, very political.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354586196' post='854567']
I don't recall, but if you're right I guess that puts him close to the line. I guess the big thing I see separating them is that Rick sees it as a duty and a burden to be in charge, where the governor seems to see it as power. Plus he goes out of his way to kill any rivals. Once again, very political.
[/quote]That is where I keep going back. He went to Lori before he even made the deal and discussed killing them with her. She said something along the lines of supporting him no matter what.

If it were'n't late I would go back to watch the beginning of the second episode to refresh myself, but I am tired.
Rick and the Governor kill to protect their respective groups, but that's the reason Rick does it. The Governor protects his group because without them he has no power.

Yes Rick was willing to engage in murder with the prisoners. A preemptive strike if you will. Yet that was based on a risk assessment etc and he had doubts. I don't see the Governor as having any doubts once he decided the soldiers were a threat.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354584518' post='854550']
The Governor in the comics was Brian, Philip's brother who wanted to be like Philip, but was weak. He was a sadist, and an evil man.

That is not who Philip is. The Governor in the TV series.
[/quote]

Refresh my memory, was Phillip and Brian BOTH in the comic AND the show? I don't remember Brian in the show, nor Phillip in the comic...
[quote name='atlas3025' timestamp='1354633980' post='854739']
Refresh my memory, was Phillip and Brian BOTH in the comic AND the show? I don't remember Brian in the show, nor Phillip in the comic...
[/quote]

Brian has not made an appearance in the show.

Philip died before Brian showed up in the comics.

The Road to Woodbury told their story. Philip and Brian were brothers. Philip was the alpha. He had a daughter named Penny. She turned, he went crazy, killed a human to feed Penny. Brian killed him, then changed his name to Philip and 'became' his brother, as a costume of power to be who he wanted to be. He was a sick twisted SOB.

I think that was the whole point of the 'I don't give out my name' bit with Andrea in the TV show. As Philip and Brian are two different characters The point he was Philip and not Brian was significant.
I like that the show is addressing the fact that in a zombie apocolypse, humans would be more of a threat to survival than the zombies. Humans can kill from a distance, zombies can't. Humans can also plan, zombies are more Pickett's charge type attacks.
[quote name='Just_Another_Walker' timestamp='1355089776' post='857376']
grrrrwoooowweoorrrrrllllll

(zombie translation...i like this show A LOT!!)
[/quote]

You know, you'll fit in a lot easier if you just be yourself. I'm with Spots on this one.
  • Like 2
[quote name='Lester Weevils' timestamp='1354561111' post='854322']
I'm still curious what is in the "tea" everybody likes so much in the town. Hasn't been mentioned lately. Or did I miss it?
[/quote]I'm calling that it's a special concoction made from the Cherokee Teardrop flower that Daryl showed to Carol many episodes ago. The flower probably has some antidote or restoration qualities a-la THE PATRIOT (1998) - Steven Seagal.

I'm still curious what is in the "tea" everybody likes so much in the town. Hasn't been mentioned lately. Or did I miss it?

I remember in one of The Talking Deads, after the show,  they said it was a nod to one of the writers.  Doesn't mean it will not turn in to something but they didn't make much of it at the time.

Guest saiga12boy

I think they were idiots for bringing Hershel along on that outing.

When they chopped his leg off the blood would have already gotten up to his brain and he would have become a walker. They should have electronic tourniquets that the moment they get bitten in the the leg or arm they press a button and it stops all bloodflow. They can chop it off later.

Nope he still has it. Thank god.

Really?

Why do people think this is a good weapon for this scenario? It's pretty, sure, but it's a boat anchor that barks waaaaay too loud for what he uses it for.
Any python fans out there, ask yourself one thing, Would you REALLY want to touch that thing off inside? Goodbye hearing. Not to mention reloads suck. Unless you're Jerry Miculek you're toast. I'd rather have a solid 22 like a Ruger than the python. My personal choice would be a Glock 19 with a lone wolf barrel and a heavy, subsonic cast bullet. Low recoil, low noise. Which by the way, I have two of. Penetration of a slow moving heavy cast bullet is amazing and more than enough turn a brain stem into catfish chum. Much cheaper to produce and takes up less space.

If you ask me, Carl is the sharpest tool in the shed, gun wise. A suppressed browning hi power. While I question the longevity of a suppressor made form a softball bat, it would certainly work. With a low volume of fire and vigilant maintenance it would work quite well.
  • Like 2
Guest saiga12boy

Really?

Why do people think this is a good weapon for this scenario? It's pretty, sure, but it's a boat anchor that barks waaaaay too loud for what he uses it for.
Any python fans out there, ask yourself one thing, Would you REALLY want to touch that thing off inside? Goodbye hearing. Not to mention reloads suck. Unless you're Jerry Miculek you're toast. I'd rather have a solid 22 like a Ruger than the python. My personal choice would be a Glock 19 with a lone wolf barrel and a heavy, subsonic cast bullet. Low recoil, low noise. Which by the way, I have two of. Penetration of a slow moving heavy cast bullet is amazing and more than enough turn a brain stem into catfish chum. Much cheaper to produce and takes up less space.

If you ask me, Carl is the sharpest tool in the shed, gun wise. A suppressed browning hi power. While I question the longevity of a suppressor made form a softball bat, it would certainly work. With a low volume of fire and vigilant maintenance it would work quite well.

It's not practical but in most action shows today it' just clip loaded pistols it's rare they use revolvers. It's nice to see a change. They're getting rarer. Though maybe it should be a backup for a backup in case he runs out of ammo for a 9mm or .45. You're definetly right about going deaf just like in the season 1 episode 1 when he fired the Python in the tank and he became temporarily deaf.

Guest saiga12boy

Yep I like Daryl too. Unless they kill off Daryl and/or Merle, if they both survive Merle will be back with the group most likely, interesting interactions between Merle and Tyrone. Its a complete wild card because both Merle and Daryl were not in the comix at all.

Maybe michonne and the group will return for daryl and bust em both out, along with andrea who has seen the heads and is getting grossed-out by the governor scape-goating Merle for purposes of propaganda crowd control. Calvary arrives "just in time".

One guess on the tea would be some kind of psychoactive drug that makes people easier to brainwash, but that wouldn't make sense because the governor likes the tea as well. Or maybe something like ephedra on steroids, because Merle is a pill-head (his stash that daryl was handing out, included methamphetamine, though daryl was handing out antibiotics from Merle's stash). Meth or some other stimulant would fit real well with a redneck death-cult culture.

I think they'll kill Merle off because he killed that younger guy in the forest when they were chasing Michonne. I doubt they'll let him live after that. Just like how they Killed Shane after he killed Otis.

It's not practical but in most action shows today it' just clip loaded pistols it's rare they use revolvers. It's nice to see a change. They're getting rarer. Though maybe it should be a backup for a backup in case he runs out of ammo for a 9mm or .45. You're definetly right about going deaf just like in the season 1 episode 1 when he fired the Python in the tank and he became temporarily deaf.

*Magazine...couldn't resist. :pleased:

Guest saiga12boy

*Magazine...couldn't resist. :pleased:

Thanks for correcting me I made a mistake. Clips go into m1 garands and other guns similar to that. Magazines go into most handguns,rifles,submachine guns, and some shotguns. DUHHHH...... that was stupid of me.

• 4 weeks later...