The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1354561746' post='854327']
I don't think that was ever really a plot point. Just seems like something they threw in there and didn't go anywhere with. Who knows though.

I second that if Daryl dies I will be severely upset. I will also say that it was odd how submissive Daryl was to Rick when wanting to go see his brother.
[/quote]

Yep I like Daryl too. Unless they kill off Daryl and/or Merle, if they both survive Merle will be back with the group most likely, interesting interactions between Merle and Tyrone. Its a complete wild card because both Merle and Daryl were not in the comix at all.

Maybe michonne and the group will return for daryl and bust em both out, along with andrea who has seen the heads and is getting grossed-out by the governor scape-goating Merle for purposes of propaganda crowd control. Calvary arrives "just in time".

One guess on the tea would be some kind of psychoactive drug that makes people easier to brainwash, but that wouldn't make sense because the governor likes the tea as well. Or maybe something like ephedra on steroids, because Merle is a pill-head (his stash that daryl was handing out, included methamphetamine, though daryl was handing out antibiotics from Merle's stash). Meth or some other stimulant would fit real well with a redneck death-cult culture. Edited by Lester Weevils
[quote name='RevScottie' timestamp='1354562755' post='854332']
I say in Feb we see Daryl and Merle forced to battle it out against each other in the zombie arena...[/quote]
[quote name='monkeylizard' timestamp='1354562967' post='854334']
Or tag teaming and getting the upper hand on the guv and his goons.[/quote]

Yeah, my first thought was that they are gonna do the zed arena thang.

- OS
[quote name='monkeylizard' timestamp='1354559884' post='854312']

I'm wondering why Andrea hasn't said anything about what she learned at the CDC.
[/quote]
Andrea doesn't know they are all infected. Rick was the only one the Dr. Told and he didn't tell the group until after the battle at the farm. Andrea was seperated from the group by then, so she was never privy to that info.
  • Like 1
Just from watching the preview last night, Merle and Daryl are rescued by Rick and Michonne and they both return to the prison. Glen has a line like "what the hell is he doing here", only person I can think of he would say that about is Merle.
[quote name='pops572' timestamp='1354567418' post='854375']
Andrea doesn't know they are all infected. Rick was the only one the Dr. Told and he didn't tell the group until after the battle at the farm. Andrea was seperated from the group by then, so she was never privy to that info.
[/quote]

The Guv told Andrea everyone turns after death soon after she arrived in the town.

She also just participated in the reanimation of the old guy who volunteered for the death experiment too, so she would have caught on even if he hadn't.

- OS
[quote name='pops572' timestamp='1354567418' post='854375']

[/quote]

That's correct but Andrea did see the brain scan of the patient dying then turning. That would be at least somewhat useful. (pretty sure Andrea saw that .... I think the whole group was in there when they showed the scan).
Yeah, I was talking about the brain scan. The CDC doc showed all of them the MRI scan showing that upon reanimation, only the brain stem was active. The person that was in there before is gone. Andrea knows that and can describe it to the guv and his "doctor". There is no hope of recovering the person. They're gone. It's just an animated corpse now. Dispatch them with extreme prejudice. I don't know why the group didn't tell Hershel that. It may have avoided the showdown in front of the barn. Of course, that would have been less interesting to watch than the showdown, so from an entertainment factor I see why that wasn't in the script.
[quote name='buck1032' timestamp='1354504226' post='854057']
Wow, good show! I am glad Michonne put some hurt on the Gov! And took out his walker kid. And having him throw Merle under the bus at the end. Wow. LOL
[/quote]

i kinda thought that was a little stupid because the gov beat the crap out of Michonne slamming her head into the wall and all kinds of stuff and he is a lot bigger than her to boot, and she miraculously turns into a ninja and "WACHA's" his but. i just dont see that as possible but who knows maybe the chick was a navy seal in her past life. (mocking facial expression) by the way still dont like michonne, tyreese looks cool though
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

In the comix michonne surgically slices and dices the gov with that pig-sticker of hers, worse than a filleted carp or a ginsu knife commercial. :) Takes him months to recover, and afterward he definitely ain't "the man he used to be." But that would be too gross for TV, and most likely would slow down the plot for TV, having months of recuperation time pass before the town moves against the prison.

Here is an interesting article with some quotes from the creator of The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman. In it he says that Rick must act quick to save Daryl which makes be believe that they go back in to find everyone at the arena. If you watch the previews for the next episode you see the Gov walking through what appears to be a smoke filled arena so may be the come back and get both Merle and Daryl.

In the interview he also says that the second half of the season is going to be more intense than the first half. Not sure how that is possible. I guess they are going to make the Gov as mess up in the head as he is in the comics.

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2012/12/02/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-norman-reedus-andrew-lincoln/1735411///"]http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2012/12/02/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-norman-reedus-andrew-lincoln/1735411///[/url]
[quote name='JAB' timestamp='1354558296' post='854295']
Yeah, I also think that was a very intentional statement by Tyreese. The woman with him was making demands and speaking to Carl as if he were a little boy. I think Tyreese was saying, "The person who just voluntarily came down into those tunnels alone, fought his way through a couple of walkers by himself, made across-the-room headshots to save our butts then lead us to safety and without flinching offered to take care of our friend so she wouldn't turn is not a little boy. No matter his age or stature, that is a man and I respect him as such."
[/quote]That is what I gathered from the conversation too. I had seen the transformation occur, but this episode made it plain.
At the end of it all, I know I am in the minority here, but while Philip is a bit... off, I don't see him as a villain. In the comics, yes, but other than a few questionable acts, he is no worse that Rick and his folks.

I think Michonne has been a wasted character this season. She had so much potential, but I am so disappointed with lack of development her character has received.
Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354580967' post='854494']
At the end of it all, I know I am in the minority here, but while Philip is a bit... off, I don't see him as a villain. In the comics, yes, but other than a few questionable acts, he is no worse that Rick and his folks.

I think Michonne has been a wasted character this season. She had so much potential, but I am so disappointed with lack of development her character has received.
[/quote]

Yep in the TV show they made him ambiguously evil, not a whole lot more "obviously" evil than anyone else. Crazy of course, but all the cast is mostly crazy by this point after a year of zombie apocalypse, and maybe a person would have to be crazy to keep on keeping on in such situation.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354580967' post='854494']At the end of it all, I know I am in the minority here, but while Philip is a bit... off, I don't see him as a villain. In the comics, yes, but other than a few questionable acts, he is no worse that Rick and his folks.

[/quote]

Rick hasn't murdered to take anything that isn't his. He has killed to keep his group safe, but he hasn't gone out of his way to control, manipulate and murder.

I'd say the big difference is motivation. Rick has no desire to be in charge, nor does he look for conflict. The governor is motivated by a need to be in charge and control the common folk. That requires a special kind of evil. He's a politician.
[quote name='Lester Weevils' timestamp='1354583130' post='854526']
Yep in the TV show they made him ambiguously evil, not a whole lot more "obviously" evil than anyone else. Crazy of course, but all the cast is mostly crazy by this point after a year of zombie apocalypse, and maybe a person would have to be crazy to keep on keeping on in such situation.
[/quote]I was having this conversation on another site, and no one seemed to get it. They couldn't differentiate the Governor from the comics (Brian) and the Governor in the TV show (Philip.)

In the grand scheme of things, he has done nothing more than what it takes to survive. If anyone were to be seen as a villain, it would be Michonne. Even after the arms were opened and the hand of friendship extended, she bit it and ran. Sure, Andrea isn't that bright, but even she realized that things weren't [i]that[/i] bad in Woodbury.

The only think Philip has done that crosses the line was the slaughter of the soldiers, but even then, he knew that with their military structure, they would be a threat to his power. Similar to Rick and the inmates, or even Rick and Merle if you go back far enough. I see it similar to Shane and Otis. Yes, Shane was wrong, but his actions saved Carl. And other than Shane being insane, he was a more valuable member of the group in his skill set.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354583232' post='854533']
Rick hasn't murdered to take anything that isn't his. He has killed to keep his group safe, but he hasn't gone out of his way to control, manipulate and murder.

I'd say the big difference is motivation. Rick has no desire to be in charge, nor does he look for conflict. The governor is motivated by a need to be in charge and control the common folk. That requires a special kind of evil. He's a politician.
[/quote]I can not agree with that. Rick was more than willing to kill the inmates with no further provocation than them being there. Sure, he didn't, but I bet ol' Axel and Oscar had to change their drawers none the less.

The two cats in the bar, and Randall are different as well, but Rick's hands aren't as clean as some folks imagine them, and Rick himself knows this. Think about his phone call. That was all in his head. And in his head, he was questioning how and why he had killed. He felt guilt over it. Think about the Not Shane that killed Oscar. A man with clean hands wouldn't be having these issues.

I like that they show Rick as a man of morals. Don't get me wrong.

I just do not see Philip as being in the wrong. Misguided, but not wrong.
Ok, someone please refresh me. I read the comics through about issue 96, I think. But that has been a while.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!

Isn't the TV show sort of combining two different parts in the comics? In the comics, I remember the run-in with a nutcase in charge of a sort-of town while Rick's group were at the prison. Where they had gladiator fights, they cut off Rick's hand and Michonne chopped up the leader. BUT, didn't the town of Woodbury come AFTER they were run out of the prison? Where Rick was made the local Peace Officer, Andrea was a tower sniper and Rick's group surreptitiously got their weapons from the armory "just in case"?

Am I remembering wrong?
[quote name='Clod Stomper' timestamp='1354584071' post='854544']
Ok, someone please refresh me. I read the comics through about issue 96, I think. But that has been a while.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!

Isn't the TV show sort of combining two different parts in the comics? In the comics, I remember the run-in with a nutcase in charge of a sort-of town while Rick's group were at the prison. Where they had gladiator fights, they cut off Rick's hand and Michonne chopped up the leader. BUT, didn't the town of Woodbury come AFTER they were run out of the prison? Where Rick was made the local Peace Officer, Andrea was a tower sniper and Rick's group surreptitiously got their weapons from the armory "just in case"?

Am I remembering wrong?
[/quote]No, you have the timeline messed up.

The TV show is in line with the comics, just telling it differently. Woodbury was at the prison. When Rick lost his hand. Michonne chopped up the Governor.

The TV show is just telling it in a different way, with new characters.

The Governor in the comics was Brian, Philip's brother who wanted to be like Philip, but was weak. He was a sadist, and an evil man.

That is not who Philip is. The Governor in the TV series.
Guest Lester Weevils
Yes in the comix there is a second town in the suburbs of Washington DC, some of the survivors eventually make it to after the prison is over-run. That is where Rick is made sheriff. Unless the show very suddenly goes from fabulously popular to "nobody watches" am guessing they will eventually get there, unless the author decides something else would make a better TV story.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354584041' post='854543']I can not agree with that. Rick was more than willing to kill the inmates with no further provocation than them being there. Sure, he didn't, but I bet ol' Axel and Oscar had to change their drawers none the less.

[/quote]

Yes, but that is after half of their group tried to kill him. Guilty by association and all. I wouldn't have invited a group of convicts into my group, and when the one got lippy in the beginning with the threats I would have immediately kicked him off the planet. He has far more patience then I would ever have.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1354584518' post='854550']
No, you have the timeline messed up.

The TV show is in line with the comics, just telling it differently. Woodbury was at the prison. When Rick lost his hand. Michonne chopped up the Governor.

The TV show is just telling it in a different way, with new characters.

The Governor in the comics was Brian, Philip's brother who wanted to be like Philip, but was weak. He was a sadist, and an evil man.

That is not who Philip is. The Governor in the TV series.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks. Like I said, it's been a while since I read them.

[quote]Yes in the comix there is a second town in the suburbs of Washington DC, some of the survivors eventually make it to after the prison is over-run. That is where Rick is made sheriff. Unless the show very suddenly goes from fabulously popular to "nobody watches" am guessing they will eventually get there, unless the author decides something else would make a better TV story.[/quote]

And thanks, Lester. That's what I was thinking of.

I was confusing myself.

Will Edited by Clod Stomper