The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

I like the fact that the show strays from the comics (graphic novels) in a few ways. It keeps even the truest fans guessing.

Lori is infact dead twice. They have stopped using so much comic book visual symbolism, but are beginning to use real life visual symbolism. They make sure we saw Carl with blood on his hands. I know it "got there when he was helping with Judith" but the fact is the same. He has blood on his hands. This is anchored by, the now late, T-dog's statement about the inmates; "for all we know, they have less blood on there hands than we do."

I do believe, in the show Carol is dead. They made sure we never saw her turn her back on T-dog. I am thinking that is anchored by what I thought was her head wrap that Daryl found on the ground. It was on her when we say her go through the door.

I also feel it was no coincedence that was say Maggie and Glen join together over baby Judith. They are now the carriers of new life.

And WOW! No one is talking about the fact that they know the white scruffy inmate as Axel. Glen called him by name when stating that he seemed a "little unstable".
The more I think about it, the more I think it odd that there was so much hatin' on Lori. Yes, the character could sometimes be annoying but the idea that she 'planted seeds' between Rick and Shane makes no sense. The whole drama between those three was Shane's fault, period, and he got what was coming to him.

Remember, Shane told Lori that Rick was, without a doubt, dead. Shane was supposedly Rick's best friend and Lori thought she could trust him. Therefore, she had no reason to believe that she was cheating on Rick. As far as she knew, her husband was dead and her world was falling apart. Heck, there was only one adult still present in her world who she knew from before and that was Shane. From her point of view, in some ways, Shane probably represented all she had left of her relationship with Rick and their old life. Shane was also keeping her and Carl safe, protecting them and being there for them. It would not be hard to accept that she would cling to Shane, believing his lies about Rick being dead, and end up in a relationship with him.

For his part, Shane left Rick behind just like he left Otis behind. In some ways, both decisions were pragmatic but in other ways both represented Shane sacrificing someone who trusted him (and, in Rick's case, his supposed best friend) at least partly for his own, selfish reasons. Shane only made the half-hearted (half-assed) attempt to block Rick's hospital room door with a rolling gurney in order to assuage his own, guilty conscience. Then he told Lori an outright and bald-faced lie, indicating that he knew for certain that Rick was dead. Had Lori even suspected that Rick might still be alive I do not believe she would have slept with Shane - remember how shocked she was to see Rick still alive and how angry she was at Shane. I also believe that Shane realized that - which is why he lied to Lori. He believed that Rick would be dead, sooner or later, and that even if he weren't he would never find Shane, Lori and Carl again - or if Rick did, by that time he (Shane) would be permanently ensconced in Lori and Carl's lives.

Shane was a low-down, sorry, lying, back-stabbing bastich and I am glad he's dead.

As for Lori getting angry at Rick at the end of Season Two, I didn't take it that she was angry over Rick killing Shane. If you notice in the scene where he tells Lori, her real look of shock comes when Rick reveals that Shane came back - even though he wasn't bitten - and that Carl had to kill him the second time. Lori still felt that Carl should be sheltered and the fact that he had to shoot walker Shane was probably a bit much for her to handle.

Even more, though, Lori had another really good reason to be angry at Rick. He knew that the living are all infected but did not tell her - and the truth of that was, again, born out by the fact that an unbitten Shane came back from the dead. If one were a woman in that world who had just recently had to decide whether or not to continue a new pregnancy, I would think that would be information such a woman would want to know. After all, as Lori herself alluded in a recent episode, allowing the baby to fully form in her womb meant running the risk that the baby would die in utero, turn and then devour her from the inside. It also meant, at best, bringing a baby into a world where everyone, including the baby, would become walkers upon their death. Rick withheld that information from her and, for that, I think she had every reason to be pissed at him. Edited by JAB
[quote name='JAB' timestamp='1352495814' post='842655']
The more I think about it, the more I think it odd that there was so much hatin' on Lori. Yes, the character could sometimes be annoying but the idea that she 'planted seeds' between Rick and Shane makes no sense. The whole drama between those three was Shane's fault, period, and he got what was coming to him.

Remember, Shane told Lori that Rick was, without a doubt, dead. Shane was supposedly Rick's best friend and Lori thought she could trust him. Therefore, she had no reason to believe that she was cheating on Rick. As far as she knew, her husband was dead and her world was falling apart. Heck, there was only one adult still present in her world who she knew from before and that was Shane. From her point of view, in some ways, Shane probably represented all she had left of her relationship with Rick and their old life. Shane was also keeping her and Carl safe, protecting them and being there for them. It would not be hard to accept that she would cling to Shane, believing his lies about Rick being dead, and end up in a relationship with him.

For his part, Shane left Rick behind just like he left Otis behind. In some ways, both decisions were pragmatic but in other ways both represented Shane sacrificing someone who trusted him (and, in Rick's case, his supposed best friend) at least partly for his own, selfish reasons. Shane only made the half-hearted (half-assed) attempt to block Rick's hospital room door with a rolling gurney in order to assuage his own, guilty conscience. Then he told Lori an outright and bald-faced lie, indicating that he knew for certain that Rick was dead. Had Lori even suspected that Rick might still be alive I do not believe she would have slept with Shane - remember how shocked she was to see Rick still alive and how angry she was at Shane. I also believe that Shane realized that - which is why he lied to Lori. He believed that Rick would be dead, sooner or later, and that even if he weren't he would never find Shane, Lori and Carl again - or if Rick did, by that time he (Shane) would be permanently ensconced in Lori and Carl's lives.

Shane was a low-down, sorry, lying, back-stabbing bastich and I am glad he's dead.

As for Lori getting angry at Rick at the end of Season Two, I didn't take it that she was angry over Rick killing Shane. If you notice in the scene where he tells Lori, her real look of shock comes when Rick reveals that Shane came back - even though he wasn't bitten - and that Carl had to kill him the second time. Lori still felt that Carl should be sheltered and the fact that he had to shoot walker Shane was probably a bit much for her to handle.

Even more, though, Lori had another really good reason to be angry at Rick. He knew that the living are all infected but did not tell her - and the truth of that was, again, born out by the fact that an unbitten Shane came back from the dead. If one were a woman in that world who had just recently had to decide whether or not to continue a new pregnancy, I would think that would be information such a woman would want to know. After all, as Lori herself alluded in a recent episode, allowing the baby to fully form in her womb meant running the risk that the baby would die in utero, turn and then devour her from the inside. It also meant, at best, bringing a baby into a world where everyone, including the baby, would become walkers upon their death. Rick withheld that information from her and, for that, I think she had every reason to be pissed at him.
[/quote]

You make good points!!
Guest The Dude
[quote name='JAB' timestamp='1352495814' post='842655']

Even more, though, Lori had another really good reason to be angry at Rick. He knew that the living are all infected but did not tell her - and the truth of that was, again, born out by the fact that an unbitten Shane came back from the dead. If one were a woman in that world who had just recently had to decide whether or not to continue a new pregnancy, I would think that would be information such a woman would want to know. After all, as Lori herself alluded in a recent episode, allowing the baby to fully form in her womb meant running the risk that the baby would die in utero, turn and then devour her from the inside. It also meant, at best, bringing a baby into a world where everyone, including the baby, would become walkers upon their death. Rick withheld that information from her and, for that, I think she had every reason to be pissed at him.
[/quote]

Sorry, but spreading your legs a month or so after your husband is said to have died doesnt cut it. Thats a two way road in my book.

Secondly, Lori did plant seeds whether you agree with it or not. When she asked Rick about killing the living to protect whats yours, she implies to Rick that Shane thinks she is his, and that something has to be done about him. If thats not planting a seed, I dont know what is. And the look she gave him at the end of season 2 wasnt when he told her or the group about being infected, it was right after he told her he killed Shane, and Carl put him down. Thats when she got all pissy like the spoiled two faced hypocrite she is.

But perhaps the best scene where Lori got hers, was with Andrea in the kitchen in the farm house. Andrea told her like it was. And rightfully so.

Lets not forget about her not telling Rick about being preggo. She gets mad at Rick for not telling them they had to leave the farm, but witholds something as big as being knocked up from him. Edited by The Dude
[quote name='The Dude' timestamp='1352499323' post='842718']
Lets not forget about her not telling Rick about being preggo. She gets mad at Rick for not telling them they had to leave the farm, but witholds something as big as being knocked up from him.
[/quote]

Or possibly by Shane. It's never made clear in the show who-is-my-baby's-daddy.
[quote name='The Dude' timestamp='1352499323' post='842718']
Sorry, but spreading your legs a month or so after your husband is said to have died doesnt cut it. Thats a two way road in my book.

Secondly, Lori did plant seeds whether you agree with it or not. When she asked Rick about killing the living to protect whats yours, she implies to Rick that Shane thinks she is his, and that something has to be done about him. If thats not planting a seed, I dont know what is. And the look she gave him at the end of season 2 wasnt when he told her or the group about being infected, it was right after he told her he killed Shane, and Carl put him down. Thats when she got all pissy like the spoiled two faced hypocrite she is.

But perhaps the best scene where Lori got hers, was with Andrea in the kitchen in the farm house. Andrea told her like it was. And rightfully so.

Lets not forget about her not telling Rick about being preggo. She gets mad at Rick for not telling them they had to leave the farm, but witholds something as big as being knocked up from him.
[/quote]

i agree with you totally lori was playing both sides to the middle for sure and shane was already consumed by the beast within which in my opinion made him that much more likable, and if you remeber rick was in a coma that they were never sure what was gonna happen and at that point was dead weight and shane was not a doctor and did not know how to care for him outside the hospital. also if you remember there were SF guys walking through the hall shooting everyone awake or not and shane did the right thing by rick by making sure his family was safe. rick is finally IMO letting the inner animal out at the end of season 2 and also when he let the walkers have the prisoner in season 3 (although he came back). the point is that no man is exempt from the carnage that will change you living in this world so for now shane set the mold, realistically, that everyone will eventually become cold blooded, carl most of all.
Guest The Dude
[quote name='JKGlock17' timestamp='1352500003' post='842729']
i agree with you totally lori was playing both sides to the middle for sure and shane was already consumed by the beast within which in my opinion made him that much more likable, and if you remeber rick was in a coma that they were never sure what was gonna happen and at that point was dead weight and shane was not a doctor and did not know how to care for him outside the hospital. also if you remember there were SF guys walking through the hall shooting everyone awake or not and shane did the right thing by rick by making sure his family was safe. rick is finally IMO letting the inner animal out at the end of season 2 and also when he let the walkers have the prisoner in season 3 (although he came back). the point is that no man is exempt from the carnage that will change you living in this world so for now shane set the mold, realistically, that everyone will eventually become cold blooded, carl most of all.
[/quote]

Yes, living in a world like this is not easy task. You either adapt to survive, or die. I think Shane tried his best under the circumstances to get Rick out of the hospital, but whent he Army showed up and he was not responding, he made the right call.

I wish they'd have a flashback to show how the group got formed in Atlanta, and what they were all doing when the outbreak hit, and how they came to be.
[quote name='The Dude' timestamp='1352503135' post='842754']
Yes, living in a world like this is not easy task. You either adapt to survive, or die. I think Shane tried his best under the circumstances to get Rick out of the hospital, but whent he Army showed up and he was not responding, he made the right call.

I wish they'd have a flashback to show how the group got formed in Atlanta, and what they were all doing when the outbreak hit, and how they came to be.
[/quote]They will. Flashbacks are the only way to bring back original characters who are now dead and keep them on the show. And there are still several major holes, like the 7-8 months between the last episode of season 2 and where they were at in the first episode of season 3.
Guest rebeldrummer

Finally....the first Sunday after the election

I have been waiting for this day...hopefully now TGO will get off the election and focus on what matter, Rick and the gang!
And killing zombies!

Geez....

:)

Guest The Dude
Im glad Michonne left. Andrea should have done the same. I wonder who was on the phone? I hate having to wait a week for that. I guess the walker ate what was left of Lori. Poor ol Carol wasnt nowhere to be found either. I was hoping theyd show her alive and well. I like Carol. Rick is currently blood drunk and he better pull his head outta his ass and come back down to reality before he compromises any more lives. I was glad to see the cons still kicking and pitchin in though. Not a bad episode, but not as good as last weeks either.

[quote name='Sour Kraut' timestamp='1352690878' post='844112']
Oh crapp....I thought Carol was dead and burried..What was the part with flower at the grave?
I must have missed that part somewhere..Wasnt she with T-dog at the end?
[/quote]

Carol disappeared, so far, Daryl found her head wrap only. I assumed the grave was Carol's symbolic one as they assume she's dead.

In preview they show Daryl finding her knife though, so I'd wager she's still around, live or as a walker.

Amazing how TGO goes just about totally dead on Sundays at eight, that's usually prime posting time. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
[quote name='DaddyO' timestamp='1352722860' post='844214']
Didn't Rick find Lori's wedding ring on the floor? If not, what was it that he picked up?
[/quote]

I thought it was a ring, but on the talking dead after show they claimed it was a bullet. (the one Carl used to make sure Lori didn't come back as a walker).