Inside Waist Band Carry uncomfortable.

I use a Remora IWB with a Kahr PM9 at about 4 o'clock. I wouldn't want to use a Remora in anything larger. I've tried a G26 in one and it was OK, but a more traditional IWB holster would probably be better. I have used a Crossbreed Supertuck (w/G19) and Comptac Minotaur (w/XDsc). Both are good, but I'd have to vote Crossbreed over CompTac.

A good gun belt makes all the difference with anything heavier than the pocket guns, but I suppose that's true in IWB and OWB.

did you try a good OWB belt holster?. it would hide it better and might be more comfortable. i carry in a pj straight drop holster appendix, i'm not buying larger clothes. I'll go lurk elsewhere, enjoy the opinions about carry positions. Remember internet forum rule #8, posting facts are just opinions and we all know opinions can be wrong.

Appendix Carry - Part I

Removed for excessive profanity in the video.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

IWB Glock 19 in a supertuck at about 3-3:30 on my right side. Standing, sitting, bent over the fender of a car, lying on a creeper, etc. I am a mechanic, the only time it bothers me is on some cars with the big aggressive hip bolsters on the seats. The butt of the gun will catch on the hip bolster but a quick adjustment to get the butt past the bolster and all is well. It used to bother me all the time to have a gun on, but o kept carrying anyway.

Edited by Superman
Guest Wildogre

Old Faithful Crossbreed type, left handed about 7 o'clock. I have just started to carry a 92FS that way. Not as comfortable as a smaller gun but I can still wear it all day long sitting in front of a PC. I think it conceals well with an x-large t shirt or a jacket. Moleskin over the screw backs make it more comfortable against the skin.

Old Faithful Crossbreed type, left handed about 7 o'clock. I have just started to carry a 92FS that way. Not as comfortable as a smaller gun but I can still wear it all day long sitting in front of a PC. I think it conceals well with an x-large t shirt or a jacket. Moleskin over the screw backs make it more comfortable against the skin.

I just ordered one tonight. I look forward to seeing how it works out.

I carry just slight to the right of small of the back with a n82 tactical its the most comfortable combination I have found. Sitting driving or bending over are no issues with it and I draw better from there.

I also use the n82. in the small of the back. Still pocket carry most of the time. i tried Crossbreed. Just don't like to add anything to the waist. Guest it comes from a life of fighting the expending waistline. :-\

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792

How do I do it...... I don't. I used too, but like you I just find it uncomfortable. It really requires you to buy pants a size bigger, so then if you don't carry IWB then those pants don't fit right.

I have just gone to OWB almost exclusively. When I didn't carry IWB I found the Comp-Tac MTAC holster to be pretty comfortable.

MTAC.jpg

me likes!

I've been using one of those DeSantis Cozy Partner's, and it is comfy when standing up or walking, but does get a bit uncomfortable on a long drive. It would be nice if they had slip over clips instead of snaps so you could just pop it off when you get in the car.

PT-DeSantis-1.jpg

While everyone has their "preference" regarding which caliber, gun, mag size, etc, to me after years of carrying I too gave in to compromise by finding the right gun that i wanted to carry basically all day all the time. I aslo have a keltec for those other moments when the attire warrants a pocket gun. It is not supposed to be comfortable, but comforting. The trick is simply finding the right combination of gun, holster, belt, and waist size to accomplish such. Many of us have come to the point of different set-ups for differernt seasons/attire so we always have a suitable option for whatever task. My daily carry is the PT709Slim while all HD guns carry a streamlight.

• Moderators

With my High Noon belt and High Noon Down Under holster along with my P-01, I find it very comfortable. I've even fallen asleep several times with it on and woken up without any regrets or discomfort. I suppose it depends on the following: Firearm, holster, belt, body type, carry location.

• Like 1

I too am a Crossbreed Supertuck user...I carry everything from full-sized 1911s to Glock 20, 21 and 31 and find these holsters to be be both very comfortable and allow me to conceal easily and pretty deeply if I need to.

All things being equal I would carry OWB but I prefer to be concealed (or able to conceal as easy as possible) so IWB works for me!

Guest jmoe816

I used to have the same issue, not to mention a wicked case of sciatica in my right hip area. I tried appendix carry, but my gut prevented that. I have since lost some weight and addressed my sciatica issue. I have a high noon low ride holster, a Kel-tec PF9, and a Wilderness reinforced belt. I wear it at 4 o'clock. I find this to be a comfortable combination. A note on the Comp-Tac minotaur. I tried it and it was a great holster. I returned it because of my sciatica pain. I have also seen holsters that can be switched from IWB to OWB with a clip swap. It was a Kydex style holster but I can't remember the name now.

• 2 weeks later...
After trying several IWB holsters, they're all uncomfortable to me. My best bet is a North Face Denali vest for the next few months and my OWB. The preppie North Face vest doesn't scream GUN like a hunting/fishing/quilted/outdoor vest and is light enough to be worn indoors. I looked in a couple of stores yesterday and couldn't find one. I know they have them at Outdoor World at Opry Mills mall, but they'll probably be $100 there. I guess I'll check out the rest of the mall one of these days.