This is for people with a SmartCar ...

[quote name='vontar' timestamp='1354076414' post='851767']
Today I was parked behind a smart car when I went to leave. I tried a short wheel base ranger and For a moment I thought I could almost fit that car in the back of my truck and haul it off.
[/quote]

An acquaintance drives a Titan, his wife a Smart car. He said he could do exactly that. It'll fit and haul the weight.

[quote name='R_Bert' timestamp='1354077509' post='851781']
My mom, a substitute teacher, had a VW beetle. My friends used to pick it up and carry it off. In junior high school.
[/quote]

My high school band director drove a Suzuki Samurai. Routinely, we'd pick it up and turn it sideways in the parking space. Four people could do it, 6 made it easy.

As a senior prank, some friends disassembled a Beetle, hauled the pieces to the gym roof (dome type building), and reassembled it on the roof all in one night.
[quote name='peejman' timestamp='1354125151' post='851997']As a senior prank, some friends disassembled a Beetle, hauled the pieces to the gym roof (dome type building), and reassembled it on the roof all in one night.
[/quote]

Been there, done that.

Also moved a guy and his entire bedroom out into the middle of the quad while he was sleeping. He never woke up until the next day.
[quote name='peejman' timestamp='1354125151' post='851997']

An acquaintance drives a Titan, his wife a Smart car. He said he could do exactly that. It'll fit and haul the weight.

My high school band director drove a Suzuki Samurai. Routinely, we'd pick it up and turn it sideways in the parking space. Four people could do it, 6 made it easy.

As a senior prank, some friends disassembled a Beetle, hauled the pieces to the gym roof (dome type building), and reassembled it on the roof all in one night.[/quote]

Sounds like Hixson lol
First time I ever saw one was years ago in Switzerland. They were only $5,000 USD there. My understanding of the original concept was that because parking places are at such a premium in countries like that, the car was designed by Mercedes to actually use the space between two parallel parked cars.

[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1354198341' post='852373']
First time I ever saw one was years ago in Switzerland. They were only $5,000 USD there. My understanding of the original concept was that because parking places are at such a premium in countries like that, the car was designed by Mercedes to actually use the space between two parallel parked cars.
[/quote]
They're still funny looking, especially when farted in. :D

[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1354229389' post='852566']

My mom graduated in 80 and my aunt in 83, what year was this done? I heard about it before.
[/quote]

Damn... It is like a reunion tonight. Patton, I probably know your mom though we did have a big class...
[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1354220058' post='852527']
People dog the cars but they are actually really safe. Basically driving in a roll cage
[/quote]
Great, but you can't beat physics - hit a 4500 lb car and your going to be hurting. Edited by crimsonaudio
[quote name='Mark A' timestamp='1354252195' post='852732']
Peejman, when were you there? I graduated in 1980

Mark
[/quote]
[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1354229389' post='852566']
My mom graduated in 80 and my aunt in 83, what year was this done? I heard about it before.
[/quote]

Class of '93.

[quote name='Bosgarage57' timestamp='1354247057' post='852696']
anyone in the sevierville area wants to go for a ride, I'd be glad to take ya in mine :)

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/Bosgarage57/IMAG0106.jpg[/img]

Convertible, leather heated seats, its like driving a big gocart.
[/quote]
I want one.. just so I can get a set of eyelashes ..lol

Or make it look like a bumblebee..
Oh and that place.. I know it well.. I used to drive by there every morning to go to work in Jeff City.. and we used to fish there in the summer.. neat place to be.. just way to many snakes :(

Edited by Sour Kraut