My Walmart is completely out of .22 LR and Mag

vontar

[quote name='fauklin' timestamp='1355117404' post='857665']
Clinton Walmart usually has double the ammo on hand that oak ridge does. They also sell out of 22lr pretty quickly. Might be worth a shot to look there. Also, they usually keep the 100rd federal champion ammo in for most popular calibers.

Bionic Post
[/quote]There is a good chance they sell through a good bit of ammo there. I used to stop and grab a brick and targets a couple times a month when I was on my way to the Norris Watershed.
[quote name='swim615' timestamp='1355114400' post='857645']

Behold the conspiracy theory has been found to be untrue. There is really a 100 round 45 value pack and here it with its even more illusive little brother the 9.
[/quote]

i always have a hard time hunting the value pack of 9's, but yesterday ran across 5 boxes in my local walmart. they also had 2 of the .223 value packs. not enough $$ to adopt them all, but the .223 did find a new home.
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1355110646' post='857619']
.22LR is the only caliber I have a hard time finding here in Orlando. I try to buy a brick every time I'm at Wal-Mart.

Has anyone been buying the 00 buckshot that comes in the brown box? I've been buying a box each time I stop in.
[/quote]I have bought some of that "military" buckshot, but then found Winchester in bulk pack much cheaper.
The best way to makesure Walmart has the ammo you are looking for is to go to their website search for the ammo you want then search for a store around your zip code. From Sevierville in a 50 mile radius there are only two Walmarts with limited supply of 22 and they are Maryville and Clinton. Looks like they are wrong about Clinton or sold it already. Edited by TNTop
Guest TankerHC
Couple of days ago (When I went over to look at the Special Order Gun Catalog) I spoke to our sporting goods manager about that because we have the same issue. No .22LR, no 30-30, no 12 gauge (Well some, just not what I was looking for). I was told along with not doing Special Order Guns right now, they also have slowed the shipments of guns, ammo and accessories because of the Holidays. I was told it should be back to normal in about a week (That as mentioned was a couple of days ago). Its not the store either, corporate is holding up shipments and not allowing Special Order purchases, she said people come in every day to do Special Order Guns and the system wont allow them through yet.
Guest TankerHC

Apparently it isnt just Walmart, got an email from Buds yesterday they are slowing Gun sales for the Holidays, only guns you can buy they will ship have a Santa emblem next to them, the others have a Santa emblem with a red line and they wont ship until after the holidays if you order right now. They are only shipping out accesorries and knives immediately except for certain guns.

buy ammo at your local gun store,support mom and pops

+1

OUTPOST ARMORY has a bucket of Remington's HP's, 1400 count for $65.00. Personally I'd much rather visit a gun shop than the crowd at WallyWorld.

Not sure how close Outpost Armory meets the definition of a "mom and pop" but they always have plenty of ammo in both bulk and 50 ct. boxes, heck, most gun shops have a good selection.

I also just checked the Mt. Juliet WalM and they have the same ammo in 225 count for $10.00. Do the math, I would much rather mingle with gun lovers that fat women in spandex.  :D

But, if you're stuck on WallyWorld, go to the web site and see which store has your goodies before you visit. Might could ask them to hold you some.  :dunno:

Guest TankerHC

I was over at our local Wally World Saturday night, they had Sig M400's on sale so I bought one. They had three gun counter guys working. (This is the best stocked Walmart I have seen). There were at least 20 people standing in line to buy and looking at guns. While I was doing the digital 4473 a guy walked up next to me and wanted to buy some 7.62x39. The gun counter guy told him that they just got an ammo shipment in today and its almost all gone. He showed him 2 boxes of Tula they had left, He said they had three brands and it started going so fast they had to limit it to two boxes per person. In an hour, the 7.62 x 39, 30-30, 30.06 was gone except for a couple of boxes of Tula. The guy bought the remaining Tula, ALL of the .44 mag, and 3 remaining boxes of .223. Remington.

We were talking while waiting for the computer to go though and he told me that the day before they had sold 3 Colt LE's, 4 Sig M400's and all of their S&W's. He said today we sold 4 LE's and 7 Sigs, yours is the last one except the one in the case and they werent selling that one because it had been handled so much the bluing was actually worn on the receiver. They still had plenty of guns, just no AR's left. He said they are able to get them quick because his store manager was Sporting Goods manager for 30 years and he knew all the manufacturer reps, so if they need something now, instead of waiting on the distributer, he would call directly to the manufacturer and order. Said they werent supposed to do that but they are selling so many guns no one says anything.

Referring back to another thread about distributors and Walmart Corporate telling me that they used Sports South for certain guns (AR's and Special orders), my Sig out of the box had a big red and white oval "Sports South" tag on it and see pic below, same tag here was on the Colt LE's in the case.

images_zps60537cb3.jpg

Speaking of WalMart,  :D

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons 

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans… Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S.Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years
to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it 
right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right 
and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; 
$1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the 
poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years 
to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right 
and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence 
on foreign oil.
 It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion 
a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right 
and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED 
WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?? 

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Walmart morons. hmmm.

If everyone looked in the mirror, and in their closets. How many articles of clothing do you think they own that were made in the USA? Shoes? Tennis Shoes?

Trucks. Do you drive an American Made truck? If its not a Toyota Tundra you dont. According to the Federal Gov. in order for a vehicle to be able to claim Made in the USA, at least 83% of its parts need to be manufactured here. The only truck on that list that meets those requirements is the Tundra.

Drive a car? What make, model? More Americans drive foreign cars because MOST CARS are made in Foreign countries. No one wants to drive a substandard car at a high price made by Union members who could care less. GM could care less if they even sell you a car. GM is back on the path to bankruptcy, the American Taxpayer is out 50 billion dollars and GM just opened 2 new plant in China.

Food. Food is a commodity. People across this nation have lost a large % of thier wealth over the last 8 years. Money is tight, jobs are scarce. Are you rich? Im not. Why should I go to mom and pop, or Kroger or anywhere for that matter, when I can get the exact same food for 10% less. Maybe for some people thats a tank of gas to get back and forth to work.

Can you show me one place, or a group of places where I can buy all of my American made goods? TV's, nope, we dont make TVs any longer, we only invented them. Computer? Same thing. Electronics? Same thing. Clothes? Same thing.

How much does mom and pop and Kroger and Kmart and Sears and all the rest put back into the community? At Walmart two days ago ours has put back $600,000+ this year. How about supporting Veterans organizations? Can you walk into any store, other than Walmart and find a "Wall of Honor" of Community members who served? How about jobs? Walmart is the largest employer in the US next to the Department of Defense. Yea, lets put Walmart out of business.

I am not defending any business. However, I would defend the right of broke Americans to exercise the free market economy to help them survive this disaster of an economy. If WW is the cheapest place to shop, go shop. If not, shop somewhere else. They are far from being morons. They are smart consumers.

On the rest of it concerning the Politicians. +1.

Edited by TankerHC

Kieefer wasn't calling wal-mart the morons. It was Wal-mart vs. the morons( gov't).

Basically our gov't could learn a lot about money management from those that operate the biggest company in the world.

The economy is broke, the only thing to do is fix it, not try and repair a broke system with failed policies. Stop spending on useless wars and help those at home first. ( you don't see wal-mart helping their competition).

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Whoosh. The title of the article is Walmart vs. the Morons, i.e.,  the government, who can't run any endeavor nearly as well as WalMart could.

- OS

Really, doesnt read like that to me.

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

The government doesnt spend 36 million a minute at Walmart? The consumer does. If this is not a complaint about walmart, what is it?

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

And AMERICAN CONSUMERS will be buying, not the government. Complaint or something else? Whats the point?

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

So?

Walmart in West Knoxville had around 300 rounds of 223 and 1000+ rounds of 7.62x39 and seemed to have a little of about every caliber. None of the stuff was the cheap stuff but they had some, and I refrained from buying them out just because they had them in stock.

Edited by STAHDKnoxville