What'd Santa's sorry fat butt bring you?

Caster

Guest Lester Weevils

Best gift was no bad news or hard times, knock on wood.

Santa gives out cash around here to kid, nephews and salvation army. They know what to do with it. :) I'd be glad to go out shopping for the missus if she told me something she wants, but she never tells me anything she wants. So when she decides she wants something she tells santa and then he puts it on her debit card. Thats how it works for me too. I tell santa and then santa tells me to go buy it for myself to make sure it is the best price and exactly the right model. :)

Old dad has a ton of ham gear but since he quit working for a living in electronics, somehow he managed to get in the sad situation of not having an oscilloscope. When working in communications he used to need the fancy ones, zillion megahertz tek memory scopes. So when I was slowing down doing audio and digital electronics some years ago, my old tek scope had up and died, and it would have cost more to repair the tek than buy a cheap chinese scope, so had bought a cheap chinese scope that worked real good overall for occasional non-radio uses. But about that same time was slowing down with the wires and solder and barely used the thang more than once a year lately, so the scope still looks and works like brand new even if it is a cheap chinese scope. Nary a scratch on the finish.

So I took the scope over to Dad to keep an eye on and he seemed happy about it. Old Dad had a Homelite 24" chainsaw he had only put a few hours on the motor, as he got too feeble to swing a chainsaw not long after he bought it. I've been experimenting with ripping logs a little bit and my 16" chainsaw is a little on the wimpy side for that, so Old Dad sent the 24" chainsaw to my house for me to keep an eye on, and so I'll fire it up and see how it does if the weather ever dries out.

Edited by Lester Weevils
I got some great stuff but aside from two nice range bags and 200 9mm nothing gun related from the family. Got myself an M&P VTAC as an early gift to myself so nobody feel bad for me. I think best thing going is paid vacation up until the 2nd to spend with family and relax. If I can find some darn ammo I might even try out the new pistol.
Best gift was no bad news or hard times, knock on wood.

Santa gives out cash around here to kid, nephews and salvation army. They know what to do with it. :) I'd be glad to go out shopping for the missus if she told me something she wants, but she never tells me anything she wants. So when she decides she wants something she tells santa and then he puts it on her debit card. Thats how it works for me too. I tell santa and then santa tells me to go buy it for myself to make sure it is the best price and exactly the right model. :)

Old dad has a ton of ham gear but since he quit working for a living in electronics, somehow he managed to get in the sad situation of not having an. When working in communications he used to need the fancy ones, zillion megahertz tek memory scopes. So when I was slowing down doing audio and digital electronics some years ago, my old tek scope had up and died, and it would have cost more to repair the tek than buy a cheap chinese scope, so had bought a cheap chinese scope that worked real good overall for occasional non-radio uses. But about that same time was slowing down with the wires and solder and barely used the thang more than once a year lately, so the scope still looks and works like brand new even if it is a cheap chinese scope. Nary a scratch on the finish.

So I took the scope over to Dad to keep an eye on and he seemed happy about it. Old Dad had a Homelite 24" chainsaw he had only put a few hours on the motor, as he got too feeble to swing a chainsaw not long after he bought it. I've been experimenting with ripping logs a little bit and my 16" chainsaw is a little on the wimpy side for that, so Old Dad sent the 24" chainsaw to my house for me to keep an eye on, and so I'll fire it up and see how it does if the weather ever dries out.

I tell you what. I have 3 old oscilliscopes that I found from my Dad's days in Mainframe computer repair in the 60's and 70'. I was gonna put on Ebay but your welcome to one if you come to the WestTN on a day I can meet.

Boot/glove dryer( 2 of them), Some warm wool socks, Riding gear(gloves and a windbreaker vest). Soda stream maker, Holster shirt, Assassin's creed 3, Top shot dvd set, and some dress clothes.

Also some cash and some gift cards.

I don't ask for much gun stuff since i do have one of those democratical (anti-gun) brothers.

My wife was going to get me some shiny shoes for work/church; I talked her into just giving me the cash and I picked up some primers and bullets. =)

I even wrapped if up for her and put it under the tree and acted surprised when I opened them.