Call Sen Corker and Sen Alexander...see NRA.org ILA Alert today

I'm not sure I would bother thanking them. They swore an
oath to defend the Constitution. I think my emails will remind
them of that since that's their damned job.
When I send the emails will be when I hear a bill is tendered.
I sure won't be wasting my time sending anything to the
White House.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure won't be wasting my time sending anything to the
White House.

I may have already screwed up then.  In addition to Corker, Alexander and Rep. Duncan, I sent an email to Prez Zero through the NRA website which says that anybody who supports Feinstein's bill is either a traitor or a dictator.  I hope I get a room with a view at the re-education camp.

Guest Bassman17SC

I highly recommend you do more than just send e-mails.  I also recommend actually writing a letter.  It does not have to be eloquent; it does not have to be "War and Peace."  It just works better than an e-mail.  I wrote a letter to each Senator and my rep, then found that Marine's letter to Senator Feinstein and used it in an e-mail to all three congresscritters (including Cooper).

Also, join the NRA and/or the GOA.

I've e-mailed Alexander, Corker, Desjerlais, and Black.

Will be calling their offices this week, either local or DC.

Renewed GOA and JPFO; my NRA not up until May. Thinking about SAF again, but will want to avoid their constant fund raising calls.

I've e-mailed cheaper than dicks, etc. Polls, petitions, and comments - to many to mention. These things aren't particularly effective, but if you throw up enough flak, you'll eventuallly hit something.

Guest Bassman17SC
Anybody hear back from these two a--holes yet?

Nothing from Alexander at all, and I've sent a hand-written letter plus several e-mails.  At least I got the auto-responses from Corker and Cooper.  But neither one has responded to my hand-written letters though.

Nothing from Alexander at all, and I've sent a hand-written letter plus several e-mails.  At least I got the auto-responses from Corker and Cooper.  But neither one has responded to my hand-written letters though.

My experience as well. If Alexander and Corker win their primaries next election, I'm voting Democrat.....as a matter of fact, I did that this last election with Corker.

If you mailed them after Christmas, they have not seen them yet.  It takes two weeks to even pass through security measures.

Combine your snail-mail letters with efforts including phone calls, email, and fax.

My experience as well. If Alexander and Corker win their primaries next election, I'm voting Democrat.....as a matter of fact, I did that this last election with Corker.

You gotta explain the logic in that. Kinda like shitting down the barrel of one of your Savages :)

You gotta explain the logic in that. Kinda like shitting down the barrel of one of your Savages :)

I can explain it. As long as we keep electing these ****s, that's all we'll ever have. If we can't beat them in the primaries, how else do we deal with them. I want them gone!

I can explain it. As long as we keep electing these ****s, that's all we'll ever have. If we can't beat them in the primaries, how else do we deal with them. I want them gone!

I understand, but voting for any Democrat is just downright dangerous for our gun rights. It's written in their agenda.

I understand, but voting for any Democrat is just downright dangerous for our gun rights. It's written in their agenda.

....but at least I know what I'm up against. With these clowns, you just never can tell. The only way I see to get the GOP's attention, since a valid third party can't seem to get traction, is to take away their power by greatly reducing their numbers.

I emailed Senators Corker and Alexander today, along with my Congressional Representative. My comments were basically the opposition of any new gun control legislation and a debate focus on real causes of these tragic shooting events, including mental health support.

....but at least I know what I'm up against. With these clowns, you just never can tell. The only way I see to get the GOP's attention, since a valid third party can't seem to get traction, is to take away their power by greatly reducing their numbers.

That's a good way to wind up with Obamacare :) The action is in the primaries, frustrating as it is.

Edited by mikegideon
  • 3 weeks later...

I emailed Senator Bob Corker on 31 December.  Today I got the following response:

Dear [Wheelgunner],

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and the issue of gun control. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like any parent, I was heartbroken to hear about this tragedy, and like other Tennesseans, I have the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. Given such an unspeakable act of violence perpetrated on children, it's appropriate to talk about what we're doing to keep our communities safe, recognizing the issues involved are complex, especially when it comes to identifying and acting upon the warning signs that always seem to precede these incidents.

While I have always believed that it is critical to ensure that firearms are kept out of the hands of those who have lost their constitutional right to firearm possession, the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. Should legislation dealing with our Second Amendment rights come before the Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I also wanted to share the steps I have taken to protect our Second Amendment rights in the attached "Policy Points" document.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely, 

Bob Corker
United States Senator

/end

The "policy points document" contains the same information that is available on his website about his support for the Second Amendment.