Whats the worst part of gwttig old? (POLL)

urdubob

Worst part of getting old is the gift of wisdom, patience and understanding. An increased level of intelligence and often times a greater level of financial ability........and to be left with a broken, tired, nearly useless body with which to enjoy it. Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

Its going to depend on what goes out on your body.  For me, its my poor hands -- I am only 40 but my hands are about like someone of age 70.  Sitting in front of a PC for 25 years will do that to you.   Second issue would be eyesight --- mine was never good, and darn it all, after getting it fixed its on its way out again.  Most everything else still works but I have a long, long way to go hopefully.

• Like 1
When I turned 30 I developed a spot on the very center of my back, about a half inch in diameter, where I was no longer able to reach in order to scratch an itch. The spot was small enough that having an itch in the spot was rare but a PITA, nonetheless. Every year since, the spot has increased in size, thus increasing the chance of containing an itch. I fear that the spot will continue to spread, eventually taking my entire back, or heaven forbid, the rest of my body. Modern medical science has developed quite a few inexpensive prosthetics intended to assist in scratching...and so far they have enriched my life. I am thankful for my $.99 bamboo back scratcher.

When I turned 30 I developed a spot on the very center of my back, about a half inch in diameter, where I was no longer able to reach in order to scratch an itch. The spot was small enough that having an itch in the spot was rare but a PITA, nonetheless. Every year since, the spot has increased in size, thus increasing the chance of containing an itch. I fear that the spot will continue to spread, eventually taking my entire back, or heaven forbid, the rest of my body. Modern medical science has developed quite a few inexpensive prosthetics intended to assist in scratching...and so far they have enriched my life. I am thankful for my $.99 bamboo back scratcher.

...doorjambs are your friend...

[quote name="No_0ne" post="882062" timestamp="1357949321"]...doorjambs are your friend...[/quote] Indeed. Door jams, trees, forks, screwdrivers, claw hammers, etc.
I'd like to add, the realization that soon, I will not be an asset to my family but instead, a burden. A lot of people are abhorred by the idea of "opting out" that has come along lately. Especially the Christian community but as I ponder myself costing more resources than I can provide, I can certainly understand that point of view.