NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control: AP - Restricts Assault Weapons, Limits Magazine Size to 7 Bullets...

I am not sure how the bill is worded but it could ban 1911's as well, because there are many different 8-10 round mags out there for the 1911.

Plus there are plenty of 1911's like mine that are "EXTRA EVIL" because they have a rail that you can mount a grenade launcher on.............................

(Please note sarcasm)

The way I understand it it isn't actually banning guns. It bans the ownership of mags that hold more than 7 rounds. If the mags hold over 10 rounds you have a year to sell them or turn them in. If your mags hold 8-10 rounds you have to modify them to hold only 7. My question is do you ignore the law or do you move to a different state.

I wonder how it would work with new guns. Does Glock, Sig, S&W, etc modify the 10 round mags before they are shipped to dealers? or do they just quit selling certain guns to NY?

The way I understand it it isn't actually banning guns. It bans the ownership of mags that hold more than 7 rounds. If the mags hold over 10 rounds you have a year to sell them or turn them in. If your mags hold 8-10 rounds you have to modify them to hold only 7. My question is do you ignore the law or do you move to a different state.

I wonder how it would work with new guns. Does Glock, Sig, S&W, etc modify the 10 round mags before they are shipped to dealers? or do they just quit selling certain guns to NY?

I read the reports as banning magazines that hold over 10 rounds, no grandfathering.  Magazines that hold 8-10 rounds are grandfathered, but may not be loaded with more than 7 rounds.  New magazines may not hold over 7 rounds.

• Admin Team

Manufacturers shouldn't give an inch, here.  They'd be missing out on a few sales, but ought to stand on principle.

"I'm sorry upstate New Yorker.  You can't buy this Glock, Sig, or whatever because we're not going to bow to political theater by making reduced capacity magazines."

Only when people realized that they can't have something they want will enough people get motivated enough to do something.  Maybe then they'll start electing some people that actually make some sense.

• Like 7

I read the reports as banning magazines that hold over 10 rounds, no grandfathering.  Magazines that hold 8-10 rounds are grandfathered, but may not be loaded with more than 7 rounds.  New magazines may not hold over 7 rounds.

LOLOLOLOL

that is just like a liberal.  They TRUST criminals to not load 10 into mags that hold 10.  But they do not trust honest people with 15.

• Moderators

Manufacturers shouldn't give an inch, here.  They'd be missing out on a few sales, but ought to stand on principle.

"I'm sorry upstate New Yorker.  You can't buy this Glock, Sig, or whatever because we're not going to bow to political theater by making reduced capacity magazines."

Only when people realized that they can't have something they want will enough people get motivated enough to do something.  Maybe then they'll start electing some people that actually make some sense.

Imagine if all manufacturers created an "embargo" with New York. Imagine if Glock, SIG, etc all decided to not sale anything to NY. Imagine the NYPD attempting to purchase duty weapons and getting turned down. 

• Like 4

Imagine if all manufacturers created an "embargo" with New York. Imagine if Glock, SIG, etc all decided to not sale anything to NY. Imagine the NYPD attempting to purchase duty weapons and getting turned down. 

I would LOVE to see a refusal to sell parts or mags to New York agencies. I wonder who their suppilers of parts and ammo are?

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see a refusal to sell parts or mags to New York agencies. I wonder who their suppilers of parts and ammo are?

I would imagine it would be costly to Law Enforcement agency's in NY, if Glock, Sig, Remington, Etc. refused to service weapons or start any new contracts. I wonder what it would cost a dept. the size of NYPD to change firearm contracts.

Just a thought, if NYPD were to change contracts they couldn't sell the surplus duty weapons in NY, because they would be illegal for civilians to own.

Guest TNSovereignty

Well, maybe in this tragedy for NY we can be awakened to the value of our federal/state system.  While in an ideal world unconstitutional state laws would be struck down, this one in NY won't be, at least not for many years.  So state sovereignty has its place, and we see where NY is going.  We'd do well to watch our state politics MUCH more closely than Washington DC.  We need to ride herd on our sheriffs & state legislators & ask them tough hypothetical questions, like "What would (will?) you do when the feds pass confiscation laws?"  Press them HARD, & continue to do so, else we'll slouch our way to the same destination as NY.  This is particularly important in TN urban areas, as this seems to be where our governor candidates come from.  

While we feel bad for our gun-owning friends in NY we need to circle wagons in TN.  Problem I see with TN government is that the legislators I've met seem to like 'kinder-gentler' conservatism - that concerns me, as I've seen these 'kindly' politicians & their unprincipled compromises.  Last, we all need an escape plan ... no way I want to pull up stakes but I'll head to WY or AK before I submit to state or federal tyranny.  WY would be a pretty bad-ass state if all us 'gun-nuts' end up there.

My email to Remington:

I just learned of the draconian gun control legislation being passed in the New York senate.

I own a number of Remington firearms, as well as Marlin and H&R. I use Remington ammunition and components as well.

I know your corporate location is presently in North Carolina, with other facilities in the free states of Arkansas and Kentucky; however, you still have a factory in Ilion, NY. Once the above legislation becomes law, I will not knowingly do business with any entity in that state; just as I now boycott California, Illinois, and Massachusetts.

I hope you soon complete your relocation to a free state – Tennessee would be good!

I'm trying to take action daily to support and preserve our rights. Every little bit helps.