where are you getting your ammo?

Guest whiskeymaker

I get all mine from Caster Munitions. A super exclusive, low volume, high quality ammunition maker.

I think I may have heard about them.  Not so great reviews.  ;)

Seriously, I purchased several cases of range ammo the day of the shooting from PSA to make sure that I would be able to go to the range and shoot my guns once ammo dried up.  I knew it was going to get bad, but what I expected is nothing like what has happened.

Runco's garage (reloading), a ton in my gun safe (maybe 1/2 ton), and my truck.  I found 3-4 50 round boxes of 22 in my truck that I didn't even know I had, must have been left over from squirrel hunting last fall.

JACKPOT!!!

I recently came across this website and it has helped me find some 9mm and .45 ACP in recent weeks. Prices are input by users so it is always changing with were the best place to find ammo is. You can sort by CPR (cost/round) on the far right as well after selecting the caliber you are looking for.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

I get all mine from Caster Munitions. A super exclusive, low volume, high quality ammunition maker.

I seriously almost googled this ... until I realized Caster posted it! LOLOL

Not sure what my google kungfoo would have come back with ... but it would have been interesting!

Guest sreksuhn

still a trickle at walmart. can get aluminum cased blazer 9mm for $14 at local gun shop. used to LOVE aimsurplus but if you aint fast on the draw, you'll miss out. i'm not hurtin but i always want more. 10-4?

I was at Dunham's in Tullahoma last weekend. They only had (3) boxes of 9mm and all over priced. No .22 or .223/5.56 to be found though. Even the cheap steel cased ammo is scarce. I hope ammo goes back to usual asap. Sick of this crap.

I have had to all but stop shooting 9mm as I do not load for it, and cannot seem to find more at a good cost.  I do load .38, so my Ruger has been getting a good workout.  I got lucky and ordered a case of .22LR before the panic, so I am not too bad off there, but I am sure hoping the credit bills come due on the stock up buying so we can get back to normal.

All the online sources listed in this thread are totally sold out of 9mm ball ammo.  SGAmmo got in 200 cases of Aguila 9mm and it was gone in under four hours.  They later got in another 50 cases and it was gone in about 15 minutes!!  Sportsman's Guide's list of 9mm is practically empty as well and their site shows projected dates to be back in stock.  Earliest dates were mid-Feb and ran all the way up into 2014.  Some sites have just quit taking orders due to the backlog of shipping.  If you shoot a 9 and want anything for practice, times are not good right now.

I got lax on keeping up with .22's and am suffering it now.  If not for the generosity of our favorite loading component guy around here the #1 grandson would be doing without.  Aside from a box of bulk stuff back in the summer I have not bought ammo in about a year.  Not hurting for any other than .22's.

I am not shooting much now anyway, I load mags for the boy mostly so it is all good.

Guest Frightful1

Not that I was real smart or could see into the future or anything, but I stocked up on components prior to the current fool's paradise and am still good for the moment.  Of course I still need to buy 22lr's, but I am not in a panic stage YET!  When I am out and about, I check in at my LGS's and occasionally score some primers or powder.   I guess the name of the game is keep searching.

I would think that if ammo doesn't come back online then you're going to see ranges, training academies and perhaps other gun-related industries really feel the pinch, maybe even go out of business.  Without people going out shooting the whole thing will just halt. 

Could be one of BHO's underlining goals.  :whistle: